2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantity aint quality.

just cuz its a couple of ppl are in the finals (gino, parker and diaw) dont mean that every international player now is better than an american or international players from the 90's.

i dont understand your second point.   the dream team did a lot for the sport, so with an influx of more players there would have to be more teams right?

if the logic is 3>2, then why are the best shooters in history from the past era's and not today? we only have steph?

dude you are missing the Forrest for the trees.

You are focusing on individuals and ignoring the overall quality of play of the entire league.

shooting is better = fact. look at the percentages and the attempts, Reggie, and Mullin and guys like that stand out because they were so much better in comparison to everyone else.

in the 90's it wasn't uncommon to have a starting gaurd shoot sub 30% from 3, now it almost never happens.
im not, you brought up the finals

there have been so many international busts that for every gem like dirk there are 20 nikolov tshivilli's and darko milicics

overall, how many international players are killing today vs back then?  id guess there are the same amount of good int'l players then as now.

saying that hofer's like reggie are only good in comparison to "everyone else" is the point.  thats why theyre hof.

the reason nobody shoots sub 30 from 3 now is because they arent as good shooters now.  
why was this ignored?
I'm pretty sure it breaks down statistically that international players pan out better than college players.

But don't quote me on that.

Come on bro. the 8th team in the West gave the Spurs more problems than the Heat are

The difference in the conferences is not overstated.  East is a ******* joke.  

Agree. I'd take the Mavs in a series against any teams besides Miami and the Pacers and it would be real close with the Pacers.

Yo, I just realized there's the World Championships at the end of August. That's a nice little thing to look forward to besides the NBA draft and summer league

The Heat lost their games against the Spurs by 15, 19, 21 and ___, and won a total of one game.

The Mavericks lost their games against the Spurs by 5, 4, 6, and 23, and won a total of three games.

The Miami Heat are now 2-2 in the Finals over the past four years, and 1-2 against Texas in the Finals.

Man, I really wish the Mavericks could've pulled through against the Spurs. There's no rival to the Mavericks like the Spurs. Props to them though. They played fundamental basketball all year, and it led them to a championship.

Congratulations San Antonio.

So, Kawhi going to be the only the third Finals MVP to not go into the Hall? :nerd: :lol:

Half-joking, but still has a long way to cement his legacy.

Last edited:
So, Kawhi going to be the only the third Finals MVP to not go into the Hall?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Half-joking, but still has a long way to cement his legacy.
Who are the other 2?

Gonna be interested in seeing how Miami retools, if they can.

I wish they put Melo's accomplishments on there just for the lulz.

Congrats to Antidope, Fresh Sole, PO2345 and 26franchise on the title this season. Well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom