2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
shout out to the spurs, knew they were the best team but not by this much....i think the postseason really caught up to the heat....if this was 7 games midseason it would be different outcome IMO
what do you mean by the post season caught up to them?

because they had such an easy schedule or some other reason?

shout out to the spurs, knew they were the best team but not by this much....i think the postseason really caught up to the heat....if this was 7 games midseason it would be different outcome IMO

Because they've played more games, minutes, and series than any team since 2011.

How people still don't understand playoff tolls on athletes in 2014 is pretty mind boggling. :lol:

Because they've played more games, minutes, and series than any team since 2011.

How people still don't understand playoff tolls on athletes in 2014 is pretty mind boggling. :lol:
You've been preaching that theory for a while now, it came true, props. Regardless of how buns the East was, it's still tough to log all those minutes. Doesn't help that Wade broke down completely and Bosh regressed into a 15 year old jump shooter.

How people still don't understand playoff tolls on athletes in 2014 is pretty mind boggling.
laugh.gif
it's not a matter of no understanding. i was asking for the poster to expand on that statement

the heat breezed through the playoffs more than any other team. they had it most easy out of any other team reaching the quarterfinals. that doesn't count though huh

Again, bron and co should of quit playing during them stat padding blowout minutes of EC games and regular season games. Boo hoo for minutes logged.

it's not a matter of no understanding. i was asking for the poster to expand on that statement

the heat breezed through the playoffs more than any other team. they had it most easy out of any other team reaching the quarterfinals. that doesn't count though huh

See?

You looking at THIS run. You say THIS year was easy for the Heat. 4, 5, and 6 games, in the East.

It's not like that.

What those were, were playoff games 85, 86, 87 etc in a 4 year window. More than any other team in the NBA.

Heat big 3 have played 10,000 more minutes than the Spurs 3, since 2011.

It's a cumulative effect.

Witness, 89 Lakers are 11-0 going into Finals for a 3peat. Swept in Finals.
91 Pistons going for 3peat, swept.
96 Rockets going for 3peat, swept.
11 Lakers going for 3peat, swept.
14 Heat, lose in 5.

Pat Riley, Chuck Daly, Rudy T, Phil Jackson, Eric Spolestra coached teams, a single win in those series that ended their runs.

People think that **** is a coincidence? :lol:

Clippers will win it all next year. Cliff Paul will no longer be a perennial loser with Blake playing out of his mind and leading them to a championship against a even weaker Heat team.

IMO, LBJ is coming back for sure.

The biggest question for the Heats* is whether or not they can get the Big 3 to take an even bigger pay cut to bring someone else in. The rumors about Melo might be intriguing, but if I was LeBron, I would wonder if that roster spot wouldn't be better off going to Kevin Love. (On a side note, Amar'e would be a fantastic fit with Miami. Deng, Pierce, Gay, and Granger would be nice too).

Besides Love (obviously) and Deng, I think that's a list of guys people WANT to see do good instead of guys who actually would :lol:. I know Granger is coming off injury and hasn't played real starters minutes in awhile, but there's nothing I've seen from him recently that makes me think he'd be the old Granger and be impactful. Amar'e was coming along near the end of the season last year, but it's all you're waiting for him to fall apart. Pierce would give you some good games, but he's looked finished more often than not. Iffy on Gay just cause...well, he's Rudy Gay.

Some of yall are trying so hard to talk down on Lebron and the Heat that you're discrediting what the Spurs did.

CP clearly said they've played more minutes than anyone else, and suffered the same fate as others teams in the past trying to 3-peat.

I think the repeat is coming next year. The emergence of Kawhi Leonard into a star is here. The same roster is coming back next year and unless the Clippers or Thunder make another move in free agency I don't think they can beat us.

so playing more minutes = winning more games right?

like you cant say they won too much in the past to be able to complete the threepeat.

like how you talking about minutes when wade sat so much of this season?  like theyre in the finals we're not talking about having wo win another 10 straight games in a row, they only had to win 4.

like you cant say they won too much in the past to be able to complete the threepeat.

like how you talking about minutes when wade sat so much of this season?  like theyre in the finals we're not talking about having wo win another 10 straight games in a row, they only had to win 4.

Because sleeping late in January, give you more energy in December.

Stop trying to knock the Heat. The Spurs were awesome.

Because sleeping late in January, give you more energy in December.

Stop trying to knock the Heat. The Spurs were awesome.
yes they were but that still dont explain the lackluster performance

He's not saying its not the reason they lost the series dude

Its just more of a cumulative effect that all those games have on the body. A fresher team possibly could've put up a more competitive series. You're not going to be as fresh after playing those amount of games as say a team that lost in the 1st round the previous year. Not that hard to comprehend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom