2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will you trolls acknowledge that in 1992 international basketball was enamored with NBA players and couldn't play them seriously? And in 2012, we didn't have opponents gawking at LeBron and Durant during the layup line? Slice it how you want. The international game is much improved and no longer intimidated. We have international players winning Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP, etc. 

Keep trolling though.

90s basketball > every era before, after...forever & ever. 

Does your brain not realize that this statement you just made validates everything I was saying?
Jesus.

You call us trolls when you literally just agreed with me without even realizing it.
laugh.gif
Jesus....it was sarcasm. Did "forever and ever" not give it away? 

I know it's the internet man but you've been here since 2005. Get a new sarcasm detector. 

Does your brain not realize that this statement you just made validates everything I was saying?

Jesus.

You call us trolls when you literally just agreed with me without even realizing it. :lol:
Jesus....it was sarcasm. Did "forever and ever" not give it away? 

I know it's the internet man but you've been here since 2005. Get a new sarcasm detector. 

The words forever & ever are universally known as sarcastic now online?

Better yet... You called us trolls, but then made a "sarcastic" statement just to ruffle feathers?

Dat irony.

The words forever & ever are universally known as sarcastic now online?

Better yet... You called us trolls, but then made a "sarcastic" statement just to ruffle feathers?

Dat irony.
You took the stance that 90s basketball >

I wrote a mini-essay on why it's not.

I then called you out and ended with "90s basketball > forever and ever". If you don't see how that was a shot and mockery of your logic, then maybe trying to convince you of an alternative position with the NBA is a lost cause.

90s basketball > sarcasm detectors, any era of basketball, 14k posts, etc

The league is better now than it was in the 90's, I don't know how anyone could reasonably argue otherwise.

1. The expansion in the 90's diluted the quality level of the league, plus the lack of international talent.

2. The coaching is better, especially on defensive side of the ball, defenses are far more sophisticated.

3. Shooting is better, 3 point shooting especially, also a greater understanding of the value of 3 point shooting.

The quality of play is as high as its ever been.

The league is better now than it was in the 90's, I don't know how anyone could reasonably argue otherwise.

1. The expansion in the 90's diluted the quality level of the league, plus the lack of international talent.

2. The coaching is better, especially on defensive side of the ball, defenses are far more sophisticated.

3. Shooting is better, 3 point shooting especially, also a greater understanding of the value of 3 point shooting.

The quality of play is as high as its ever been.

QFT. But I guess people are enthralled with the idea of the league being more physical back then. (Which to me is a farce. Hand Checking, hard fouls isn't basketball. The league is better off controlling that nonsense.)

Which is why I, for the life of me can't understand how you can shoot down the Heat's 4 finals appearances because they played in the east, meanwhile guys like Bird, Jordan, and Isiah get a pass for doing so.

I mean I understand we are on a sneaker site mostly dedicated to a series of shoes released throughout the 90's so I understand why the basketball is overrated. :lol:

also hand checking doesn't = better d or more difficult to penetrate. Tracy Mcgrady and Kobe Bryant has talked about how difficult it was when zone principles in defenses became more prominent making more difficult to isolate on a guy.

I can't tell what the **** is serious in here anymore I swear.
Maybe I do need a new sarcasm detector, because some of these views are too ******* outlandish to believe.

Last edited:
The league is better  worse now than it was in the 90's, I don't know how anyone could reasonably argue otherwise.

1. The expansion in the 90's diluted  teaming up of superstars diluted the quality level of the league, plus the lack of international talent  arvydas, drazen, smits, schrempf, olujawon etc.

2. The coaching is better, especially on defensive side of the ball, defenses are far more sophisticated.  coaching? we talking about coaching?

3. Shooting is better, 3 point shooting especially, also a greater understanding of the value of 3 point shooting.  kerr, reggie, price

The league is better worse now than it was in the 90's, I don't know how anyone could reasonably argue otherwise.

1. The expansion in the 90's diluted teaming up of superstars diluted the quality level of the league, plus the lack of international talent arvydas, drazen, smits, schrempf, olujawon etc.

2. The coaching is better, especially on defensive side of the ball, defenses are far more sophisticated. coaching? we talking about coaching?

3. Shooting is better, 3 point shooting especially, also a greater understanding of the value of 3 point shooting. kerr, reggie, price

Someone who actually saw 90's basketball. Thank you.
Too many prisoners of the moment on this forum.

Someone who actually saw 90's basketball. Thank you.
Too many prisoners of the moment on this forum.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure whats wrong with you and your basic reasoning skills, and your ability to decern between facts and an opinion.

1. expansion is going to delute the league more than lebron playing 7 years for one thing and then playing for another, free agency isn't a new thing it existed in the 90's.

2. there are 80 more international players than there were in 92.

3. league average 3 point shooting has increased 30 points.

4. Coaches didn't understand the value of corner three's, they didn't really quite comprehend the value of generating 3 point looks or stopping them, thats why great shooters in the 90's didn't take as many attempts as shooters now, among other things, yeah coaching has evolved and gotten better.

Last edited:
what is really more ridiculous; that that basketball is better in the 90's.

Or

that in TWO DECADES, with 100 more foreign players than in 1990, better three point shooting, zone defenses, increased specialization, stretch 4's, that some how basketball ISN'T better.

I love Jordans as much as the next guy but don't let nostalgia fool into believing things that aren't true. :lol:

you talk about expansion like the league aint supposed to grow

80 more international players doesnt mean anything when you talking about thabeet, hibbert, darko, lin etc

and 3pt shooting increased as the league has moved away from size

Last edited:

80 more international players doesnt mean anything when you talking about thabeet, hibbert, darko, lin etc

Some of these guys oy vey 
laugh.gif
. Rick Smit would be the best center in the NBA right now. Paul George is considered a top 10 player in the NBA right now. Take a second to let this all sink in.

80 more international players doesnt mean anything when you talking about thabeet, hibbert, lin etc

1. of course 80 international players matters, those are 80 nba quality players who are better than American born players, who didn't exist in the 90's. more players = more talent. I mean are you watching the finals?

2. it is supposed to grow, but it grows because of money not because of the amount of talent available, the dream team made basektball the socnd most popular sport in the world, pretending like they didn't impact the game is ridiculous.

3. no, it increased because 3>2. I mean its really that simple. In took them like 40 years but coaches realized that 3 is more than 2.

Some of these guys oy vey :lol: . Rick Smit would be the best center in the NBA right now. Paul George is considered a top 10 player in the NBA right now. Take a second to let this all sink in.

The often ridiculed Roy Hibbert has a higher career rebounding rate than Rik Smits.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom