2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, so few people own up to their words unless they are quoted or forced to be accountable.

I thought that the Heat would steamroll the Spurs, and it had nothing to do with the quality of either team. It had everything to do with the refs falling for Wade's flopping and LeBron's whining.
sounds like curbing bets aka hedging to me

Last edited:
Had Miami in six due to the simple fact that it looked like the big 3 were all playing very well going into the finals combined with Rashard Lewis coming alive late in the playoffs, Ray Allen is a big shot maker, so is chalmers, I mean combine all of that I felt that there was no way the Spurs would win this go around.

Didn't know Chalmers would be this bad or that Wade's body would completely catch up to him :stoneface: :lol:

I do fill like Melo would be a seamless fit in Chicago. But both the Bulls and Rockets could use a more than serviceable #1 point guard.

Had Miami in six due to the simple fact that it looked like the big 3 were all playing very well going into the finals combined with Rashard Lewis coming alive late in the playoffs, Ray Allen is a big shot maker, so is chalmers, I mean combine all of that I felt that there was no way the Spurs would win this go around.

Didn't know Chalmers would be this bad or that Wade's body would completely catch up to him :stoneface: :lol:

I had the Spurs in 5 games all along. Once they went up 3-1.

Last edited:
If Rose has got his heart from Oz and enough plaster of Paris for his knees, the fact that he'll be able to bust the Knicks head 4 times a year and go up against Bron 4 times assuming he stays with Miami would be :wow: :pimp:

If that happens, they cannot get rid of Taj Gibson. That team would be scary.

Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah
mean.gif
... ill be salty. league lets all the stars team up but when lakers try to do it. everyone is against it.

yes IK about the small market thing they were trying to save.

The Bulls going to the 2nd round of the playoffs

If the Bulls make an in season trade they might be able to pull off something special and beat The Heat

If that happens, they cannot get rid of Taj Gibson. That team would be scary.

Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah

Taj and Boozer are likely going to be the casualties in clearing enough space for Melo but it's worth it. Taj is a nice player but isn't worth not getting a top 10 player in especially when he'd thrive at the 4 position next to Noah. You can move Dunleavy to the 3 and have him busy spotting up off of Rose's penetration and Melo's post game. They'd be much more potent and seeing as Boozer sucks you'd essentially be trading Melo for Taj which is a no brainer. Don't know how much their overseas pick is scheduled to make coming in next year though.

Can't they use the amnesty clause on Boozer?

Yea that's $16 mil off the books so they'll have to clear another 4-6 mil to get Melo in at near the max number. If he takes a little less all they'll have to do is find a place for Taj who makes 8 mil next season.

Yea that's $16 mil off the books so they'll have to clear another 4-6 mil to get Melo in at near the max number. If he takes a little less all they'll have to do is find a place for Taj who makes 8 mil next season.

Thanks for breaking the numbers down.

So many people thought Miami would sweep or win in 5 :lol:
*raises hand* Had Miami in 5.

I can't remember the last time I was so off-base. Was feeling very good about the prediction going into game 3 after MIA had the lead in game 1 when Lebron initially left with cramps and they took game 2.

But then this happened, in the 2 Heat home games, no less:
View media item 1026638
And this throughout the series

Dude looked like he had enough left in the tank against Indy and then gives you preseason defense in the NBA finals :lol:

Ah well. Luckily I didn't put any bread on the series, so I still get out ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom