2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip Saunders on Kevin Love: "No right to be frustrated"

"Just like I told (Kevin) Garnett, he didn't have a right to be frustrated," Saunders said during an interview with KFAN 100.3 in Minneapolis-St. Paul. "Why does any player have a right to be frustrated? You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

"Should the team be frustrated? Yeah, the team can be frustrated. But I don't think any one individual should be frustrated."

Saunders pointed to a moment early in Garnett's career that stood out to him.

"I tell a story about -- we were in the locker room when KG was in like his third year in the league, and Sam Mitchell was sitting in the locker room," Saunders said. "KG was in there, and we had lost a couple games, and we were all sitting there talking.

"KG started going, 'Hey, you've got to start doing more.' And he's talking to some of the bench guys. 'You've got to start doing more.' And Sam said, 'Hey, hold it, hold it. Let me tell you something. You're making all the money. Hey, it's your responsibility. You make the money, you've got to live up to that.' So, that was the mentality, and from that time, KG never ever from that point, he always took responsibility."

Last edited:
Welp. Flip just solidified Love out of Minnesota :lol:

Come to NY for Tyson, Shump, JR and a pick in 3000 :smokin

Last edited:

Flip Saunders on Kevin Love: "No right to be frustrated"

"Just like I told (Kevin) Garnett, he didn't have a right to be frustrated," Saunders said during an interview with KFAN 100.3 in Minneapolis-St. Paul. "Why does any player have a right to be frustrated? You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

"Should the team be frustrated? Yeah, the team can be frustrated. But I don't think any one individual should be frustrated."

Saunders pointed to a moment early in Garnett's career that stood out to him.

"I tell a story about -- we were in the locker room when KG was in like his third year in the league, and Sam Mitchell was sitting in the locker room," Saunders said. "KG was in there, and we had lost a couple games, and we were all sitting there talking.

"KG started going, 'Hey, you've got to start doing more.' And he's talking to some of the bench guys. 'You've got to start doing more.' And Sam said, 'Hey, hold it, hold it. Let me tell you something. You're making all the money. Hey, it's your responsibility. You make the money, you've got to live up to that.' So, that was the mentality, and from that time, KG never ever from that point, he always took responsibility."
Flip is right.  It's a team sport, and when finger pointing starts, bad things happen.  Once everyone agrees to step up collectively, then results will happen.  But Minnesota doesn't have that.  KLOVE ain't as dominating as his stats show him to be.  He's a great piece, and a corner stone, but definitely not in that top tier of players with leadership.

What Flip really meant when talking to KG/KLove: "I put a crappy team around you, live with it. If we play badly, it's your fault, not mine."

Flips a joke.

I woulda put the paws on Flip if he mouthed off to me like that. U don't put bums around me and tell me to man up

KG was way too loyal to Minnesota. He probably would have more than one ring if he had forced his way out sooner.

Last edited:
You can always make a case about team-mates.  What do you call good then?  That's like saying T.Brandon, T.Guggli, Starbury to be not good enough.  But yeah, you make that much, the pressure is always gonna be on you.

Thing is, once K.Love leaves, he won't have anyone else to blame, so that's good.  When guys bark, they better be able to walk the walk.

KG was way too loyal to Minnesota. He probably would have more than one ring if he had forced his way out sooner.

He shoulda pulled a LeBron and left in his prime.

Don't understand players being loyal to inept franchise just because they happened to be in position to draft them.

I mean I understand connecting with the fanbase/teammates/staff/city but still.

You can always make a case about team-mates.  What do you call good then?  That's like saying T.Brandon, T.Guggli, Starbury to be not good enough.  But yeah, you make that much, the pressure is always gonna be on you.
Gugliotta left when KG was 20. Starbury was gone by the time KG was 23. Very very early in his career. If they stayed around when he hit his prime, then it's a different story.

Brandon was a nice piece, but they didn't have nearly enough after him if you're trying to take down Kobe & Shaq. Then Brandon's injuries took him away just as Garnett hit his prime.

Last edited:
I like when a player stays with one team his whole career. kg did stay on that sinking ship in Minnesota for too long though.

I made this point in here finals thread relating to Lebron leaving Cleveland when dudes were trying discredit his accomplishments because he found help himself. KG has to be the most unlucky Superstar of our generation, should definitely have 2 or 3 rings atleast.

Last edited:
KG shouldn't have taken all that damn money if he wanted a better team. No one should feel that bad for him.

He took up biggest percentage of any teams' cap when he signed that deal.

Kevin Garnett is the highest paid NBA player of all time.

WOw I was seriously talking about how many fadeaways do we think Dirk Shot this season to my brother. Basketball gods love me breh

NbDxMRE.png

There wasnt nearly enough story and violence.

The ending was so cheesy too.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe was centering the story around Aaron Johnson and not Bryan Cranston.

It could've used a little more action too, but I was fine with what was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom