2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph definitely deserved that 1st team spot over CP0, aside from the fact CP0 missed 16 games the stats don't lie:

Steph: 23.7 ppg, 8.4 apg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 spg; Advanced: 24.1 PER, 13.4 WS, 4.0 DWS (78 games)

CP0: 19.1 ppg, 10.7 apg, 4.3 rpg, 2.5 spg; Advanced: 25.9 PER, 12.2 WS, 3.2 DWS (62 games)

Not to mention the fact Clips didn't skip a beat at all during CP0's absence and Blake was the best player on that team this season. Even more comical CP0 got all defensive team this season.
ROCK. CLAP. GIF.

Ricky Rubio - 191 steals
Thaddeus Young - 167 steals
Chris Paul - 154 steals

He probably could have led the league in steals had he played 20 more games.

So they account for the same number of points created when you factor into the assist numbers, basically the same amount of steals and rebounds, slightly higher PER for CP0, slightly higher WS and DWS for Steph and one guy had a dude who finished 3rd in MVP voting and carried the team while he was out 16 games and yet Steph can't make it at the expense of CP0, ok.

Midas well put D-Wade on an All NBA team then if you don't eem have to play 75% of the games and actually be on the floor.

Correction, Steph avg 1.7 steals per game this year, and had 128 total steals good for 11th in the league.

Last edited:
No way Dwight makes it over Noah. Its not necessarily all about points and rebounds.

The NBA fixed the mistake they made last year when the best defensive center didn't make the 1st team. It was probably a tougher argument to make between Duncan and Gasol, though.

I have no issue with westbrook being left off since he missed so much time.. but I do have an issue with CP being 1st team and having missed a quarter of the season
He missed 20 games, but I'm not exactly sure what's the prerequisite in terms of games played for making an All-NBA team. I think 20 games is a lot, but not enough for him to miss making the team. And at the end of the day, he led the league in assists and steals. Despite his shortcomings in the playoffs, I still thought he was the best PG in the league this SEASON.
1st team.. I don't think you leave him off altogether (as was done with westbrook).. but I don't think you make him 1st team

Noah making the first team :rolleyes

Chris Paul making the first team :pimp: :pimp: Sure others could have been there but he definitely had a year worthy of First team all NBA

However my biggest gripe is with Melo...what the hell man...How does he not make a team? He was elite this year man. People getting straight up sinful with the God Melo man :smh: :smh: Now I really want him to leave NY and go to a winner man.

Noah making the first team :rolleyes

Chris Paul making the first team :pimp: :pimp: Sure others could have been there but he definitely had a year worthy of First team all NBA

However my biggest gripe is with Melo...what the hell man...How does he not make a team? He was elite this year man. People getting straight up sinful with the God Melo man :smh: :smh: Now I really want him to leave NY and go to a winner man.

Dwight was better than Noah this season though.

both yall clowning just because dwight didnt suck this yr doesnt give him a pass back to the 1st team

especially over someone who outperformed him head up & was better the entire yr

Steph definitely deserved that 1st team spot over CP0, aside from the fact CP0 missed 16 games the stats don't lie:

Steph: 23.7 ppg, 8.4 apg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 spg; Advanced: 24.1 PER, 13.4 WS, 4.0 DWS (78 games)

CP0: 19.1 ppg, 10.7 apg, 4.3 rpg, 2.5 spg; Advanced: 25.9 PER, 12.2 WS, 3.2 DWS (62 games)

Not to mention the fact Clips didn't skip a beat at all during CP0's absence and Blake was the best player on that team this season. Even more comical CP0 got all defensive team this season.

Clips were 12-6 when CP3 was out. They did well without him, but didn't skip a beat is kind of OD. Plus that's a pretty small sample size to go off of. CP was the pg / engine behind the 3rd team in the west. That accounts for something.

Dwight was not better than Noah for the MAJORITY of the season.

Dwight didn't even exist in the last month of the season due to injuries. In March, he put up 16/11/1.5. He had a great December and February, whereas Noah pretty much dominated the 2nd half of the season putting up 14-15ppg, 11-12rpg, 6-7apg, 1.5bpg.

Like BHZ's 1st team with Curry and Paul instead of Paul and Harden. Would switch Blake and Noah as far as first and second teams, but other than that's kind of how I would have had it.

really thought steph would have a chance to avg 20/10 this year, he was 20/9 at one point. there's only a handful of players who've done it before and i think he'll make that list at least once in his career :nerd:

CP averaged more assist, rebounds, (pretty much a draw), steals, and had a higher per. He also was a huge key in the Clippers being 3rd in the west. How is Curry supposed to clearly be on the first team over Paul?

Clips were 12-6 when CP3 was out. They did well without him, but didn't skip a beat is kind of OD. Plus that's a pretty small sample size to go off of. CP was the pg / engine behind the 3rd team in the west. That accounts for something.

Not really when they were at 112.3 per 100 possessions during his absence for those 5 weeks by far their best stretch of the year offensively. And their defense was good as well 99.5 per 100 possessions during the All NBA 1st defensive team absence (3rd in the league in that span). How many other teams are going at that clip, never mind the win-loss record which is very good with the so called engine missing?

Actually being out on the damn floor has to account for something?

Last edited:
CP averaged more assist, rebounds, (pretty much a draw), steals, and had a higher per. He also was a huge key in the Clippers being 3rd in the west. How is Curry supposed to clearly be on the first team over Paul?
nt doesn't like paul these days.  if curry is taking any first team spot it would be over harden

Last edited:
Missing 1/4 of the season.... Its just too much, we've seen other players miss lists before because of injury.

He can make the team sure, his numbers were good, but first team? Missing 1/4 of the season voids that IMO

How many games would he have to have missed for you to say he shouldnt be there? Cause 1/4 is a lot. 1/4 of the season is the same amount that people were calling for D Wades head for.

Last edited:
[thread="593997"]Quote:[/thread]
nt doesn't like paul these days.  if curry is taking any first team spot it would be over harden

by the exact same logic, why should curry be clearly on the 1st team over harden?

they averaged same rebounds and steals, steph with 2 more assists, and harden with 2 more points. 1.5% difference in FG%. Steph played in 5 more games over the season, and scored 22 more points, while taking 178 more shots.

Last edited:
by the exact same logic, why should curry be clearly on the 1st team over harden?

they averaged same rebounds and steals, steph with 2 more assists, and harden with 2 more points. 1.5% difference in FG%. Steph played in 5 more games over the season, and scored 22 more points, while taking 178 more shots.

Steph is just my favorite player and I don't like Harden that's really my only reasoning for why I said that :lol: :lol: you're honestly right and i knew it when I typed it :lol:

Ricky Rubio led the league in steals, not Chris Paul. Stats are skewed when you miss 1/4th of a season. Remove 1/4th of a season from Roy Hibbert this year and he makes the All-NBA 3rd team.

Come on, man. You know full well that the "league leader" designation is, and has always been, based on highest average in a particular category. Not totals. The NBA sets a minimum number of games a player has to play to be eligible for the designation and CP met the minimum. So, based on the NBA's criteria, he's the league leader in steals and assists.

Plus, basing the leader designation on averages is a better way of measuring proficiency at a particular thing. Otherwise, someone playing more games/minutes is always going to have an advantage. Players are going to miss games. It happens. They shouldn't be penalized for it as long as they play enough games to create a representative sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom