2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's NBA, you get two max guys, a third option and everyone else.

Batum got 4/$46. I see no reason why parsons won't get 3/36
Batums price at the time was spiked by Minnesota tho. Portland had to match it since Minny was determined to scoop him up.

But I agree, Chandler should be getting around the same too

I guess its just personal preference, I don't know. When I played HS bball, the only people that wore ankle socks were white kids for some reason and I came out in 2007. I just never saw anyone really good wearing ankle socks playing high level basketball or did not look awkward playing it.
laugh.gif
True.

White, Afganny, Black, Hispanic... Headband and/or Long Nike Socks meant you were more than likely going to be point of emphasis.

:wow: troooo

Forgot about A.I. and Kobe. TMac also comes to mind.

Very few, though. Very few.

Last edited:
I once saw a dude who was brave enough to wear a shooting sleeve out there. Couldnt have been me. Thats one of those accessories thats reserved for elite people only. Elite being on a grand scale, like you gotta play college ball or be in one of those lauded High School Programs for you to think you have the right to wear a shooting sleeve.

Last edited:
seen dudes wear cut off crew socks on their arms. either that or something that looks like the sleeves of a cut off long sleeve t in kids

Last edited:
Unfortunately, due to age and past injuries, I'm having to wear more gear than ever when I play. Knee brace, compression sleeve on my calf. Nothing on the upper body though. That's where I draw the line. Don't want to be looking like Dwight Howard out there.

I was never bold enough for a shooting sleeve.

Dudes use to cut long socks and wear them as shooting sleeves. I do have the hex pad knee/shin sleeves, but I also have bad shins.

Last edited:
seen dudes wear cut off crew socks on their arms. either that or something that looks like the sleeves of a cut off long sleeve t in kids
I did that back in like 7th grade, thats when the price of those was too damn high.
I was never bold enough for a shooting sleeve.

Dudes use to cut long socks and wear them as shooting sleeves. I do have the hex pad knee/shin sleeves, but I also have bad shins.
Unfortunately, due to age and past injuries, I'm having to wear more gear than ever when I play. Knee brace, compression sleeve on my calf. Nothing on the upper body though. That's where I draw the line. Don't want to be looking like Dwight Howard out there.
I wouldnt have a problem wearing compression shorts, I actually want a pair

Last edited:
[/quote]I wouldnt have a problem wearing compression shorts, I actually want a pair[/quote]

I have those too. They're pretty awesome actually. But I don't wear them all the time - only when I'm going to be playing for at least a couple hours.

Can't even front....

One afternoon before a summer rec. game I cut the sleeves off my black Under Armor since I wasn't using it for football at the time... Rocked one of them as a sleeve on my left calf, with the Black X Purp T-Mac's 1's think I scored 5 points with like 4 assist and my team got the W.

Same night....

Besides my t-shirt, no shower in between, rocked the same outfit to a party in 6th grade-7th grade summer, got twerked on by some soon to be high school Freshman girls I was the man that night bruh.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
All-NBA 1st Team:

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Joakim Noah
Chris Paul
James Harden

All-NBA 2nd Team:

Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Dwight Howard
Tony Parker

All-NBA 3rd Team:

Al Jefferson
Paul George
LaMarcus Aldridge
Goran Dragic
Damian Lillard

Lebron was wearing ankle socks in hs. I personally do not care how i look when i play. I wear running shoes to hoop and play in sweats when its cold out

NBA is cashing out these days, the salary cap will rise over the years as a result. That 10-13 mil most think Parsons will ask for won't mean as much as it does today. Plus I think the plan is to keep Parsons so the Rockets will be capped out going forward anyway.

The first year Kobe did not make an All-NBA team since his rookie season?

I also think Dirk or Duncan should've made one of those teams. It seems like the 3rd team have the right people, but you could put several other players on that team and I'll be fine with it.

Parker or Curry should be on the 1st team in place of Harden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom