2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC are going to have to over exert their stars to stand a chance against SA. If that does happen they don't want no parts of Miami in the finals (let's be real the pacers aren't winning the ECF)

Welp

i dont get how the thunder have 2 of the top 6 players in the league, and they need more offense. maybe if they ran an offense they would be ok. no faith in this team led by brooks.

Because they have a 1st and 2nd option.................. That's it. Along with no play calling, what do you expect to happen?

Spurs Nation, is there an official Spurs thread? Can't seem to find it, and I know there was one last year and years past.

i dont get how the thunder have 2 of the top 6 players in the league, and they need more offense. maybe if they ran an offense they would be ok. no faith in this team led by brooks.
the problem is coaching.. in an ideal brooks' world, the starting 5 has terrible spacing problems on offense

and allows teams to cheat off of 2 key areas to to assist in defending durant and westbrook.. they can double on the perimeter with whoever is guarding thabo.. then they can close off driving lanes with whoever is guarding perk

thabo takes why to long to build up into a shot, which allows to defenders to recover IF they decide they even want to contest the shot

perkins fumbles the ball most of the team.. or suffers from the similar problem as thabo, in that he also needs to 'power up' before he can throw up a shot.. if he does catch the ball.. and he cant jump, so throwing lobs at the rim are out of the question

butler admittedly hasnt been playing great, but at least teams actually guard him

@Antidope repped for that post. Heat fans hate Crawford as much as anyone else. I never understood the ignorant notion that Crawford is an automatic W for Miami. He's a bad ref for any game.
He just sucks. Period. That article surfacing will make for some good TV at some point though
Spurs Nation, is there an official Spurs thread? Can't seem to find it, and I know there was one last year and years past.
Nope. No one made it this year. It would just be the 6 of us posting in there like it is every year
laugh.gif
. I just make all my Spurs related posts in here.

Last edited:
again, the only time i want joey crawford reffing any of my teams' games.. this series

the problem is coaching.. in an ideal brooks' world, the starting 5 has terrible spacing problems on offense

and allows teams to cheat off of 2 key areas to to assist in defending durant and westbrook.. they can double on the perimeter with whoever is guarding thabo.. then they can close off driving lanes with whoever is guarding perk

thabo takes why to long to build up into a shot, which allows to defenders to recover IF they decide they even want to contest the shot

perkins fumbles the ball most of the team.. or suffers from the similar problem as thabo, in that he also needs to 'power up' before he can throw up a shot.. if he does catch the ball.. and he cant jump, so throwing lobs at the rim are out of the question

butler admittedly hasnt been playing great, but at least teams actually guard him
in terms of their offense problems. if your best plays against the spurs are isolating RW or KD or having them run pick and rolls with Adams or Perkins, you'll lose the series. They just aren't spacing the floor enough for Russell or KD. Even though KD is still getting buckets, Brooks need to run sets that allow KD to get the ball in the move or allow him create in the high post ala Dirk. It is too easy to help off their man to and help every move KD is going to make. They need to run more pick and rolls with RW and KD and get more transition offense.
Just watching the game last night, OKC's flaws weren't that bad and should be easily adjusted.

John Calipari has been tied to the Knicks and Lakers this offseason, so what’s one more team in the mix?

The Memphis Grizzlies, in the midst of a complete management overhaul, are reportedly looking at the Kentucky coach even though they still have Dave Joerger.

This is getting ridiculous. Might as well add Lionel Hollins to the mix.

Both series will be 2-0 after tomorrow's games.. Pacers giving lebron and co some more work tonight. The spurs will run more laps around okc tomorrow, I feel game 1 should have been a bigger blowout, okc made a lot of tough shots and I said it a million times already fish ain't dropping 16 ever again. Unless brooks changes something these games will go the same unless Russ and kd just go ape ****

I think all of them will be great outside of Embiid. Dude is literally Thomas Robinson 2.0.

article-2451643-18A5A8C500000578-45_634x384.jpg

Not even sure if you've ever watched him after saying that. The only things they have in common are that they're black and went to Kansas.
Watched a couple games this year prior to his injury. Dude's game is very similiar to T Rob's when he went to Kansas ...

How are they not the same player though? Dude's offensive game is not that skilled, great defender though. How is he not the same as T Rob? Gotta do sum explaining B.

John Calipari has been tied to the Knicks and Lakers this offseason, so what’s one more team in the mix?

The Memphis Grizzlies, in the midst of a complete management overhaul, are reportedly looking at the Kentucky coach even though they still have Dave Joerger.

I mean Cal did coach in Memphis for a while.

I don't ever see him leaving UK, it's like, if you're God, why leave heaven?

My coach isn't leaving UK for the Grizzlies or any other NBA team unless they plan on making him the highest paid coach in the league plus full front office control.

No reason to leave heaven with the majority of your team returning and a great class coming in to go along with them.

Last edited:
I don't know where all the coaching change rumors are coming from, but from what I know, Joerger will remain the coach.

The Thibs rumor came from Bill Simmons and some people are saying there is truth to it. The Cal rumor, I'm not exactly sure where it came from :lol: . Its just weird to see the Grizz name tied into those type of high profiled coaches.

LMAO @ "power up before a shot"

Man that's the perfect way to put it! 

Watched a couple games this year prior to his injury. Dude's game is very similiar to T Rob's when he went to Kansas ...

How are they not the same player though? Dude's offensive game is not that skilled, great defender though. How is he not the same as T Rob? Gotta do sum explaining B.

Man, I don't have any explaining to do, I'm not the only one who thinks you're totally off base.

You won't find any one with knowledge comparing Embiid to Robinson, they don't even play the same position.

You got some research to do, b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom