2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy. Okc won't lose again. If they do it will be game 5 in SA then they close it out back in Okc for game 6

You also said ibaka was meh :lol:

And I stick by that. This shouldn't be a series that is greatly affected by Ibakas absence, plain and simple. Thunders athleticism should greatly outweigh what Spurs are able to do offensively. Defense is 9o% effort and 1o% skill. I didn't see 50% effort or any type of leadership at all in last nights loss. There were times that you could tell OKC was just more athletic and superior regardless of how sound Spurs were, even when Okc came back and took the lead. In the second quarter Russ/KD sat together for over 5 minutes, on the bench. Not to mention the lineup that was started. Thunder has the talent, they are missing everything else at times, so yea, it's easy to blame the loss on Ibakas absence, I however, don't feel that way though

"Ibaka doesn't matter"

60pts in the paint. His replacement in the starting lineup contributed 0 points. :rolleyes

Last edited:
1921-2014 165 Jerseys on one epic poster

Here's the Hi-Res version

http://i5.minus.com/iB8D204NIdU2c.jpg

Some gems in there

Diplos, Above the Rim, White Men Can't Jump
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
The sleeved jerseys don't deserve to be on that poster, otherwise I'd hang that up in my bedroom.

Lol. I dont think you will find "Ibaka doesn't matter" in any of my posts as a stand alone statement.
Thunder should win this series WITH or w/out Ibaka.
You make it sound like I'm saying Ibaka is a terrible player and he doesn't contribute.

Sometimes I think the Thunder do things to purposely place their backs against the wall with some of the moves they make, coaches and players alike. You can lead a horse to the water. You can't make them drink

The Thunder could still win this series without Ibaka.. but that's different than "they should".

It'll take Russ and Durant to both have good/great games.. every game.. and someone else to step up.. and Brooks to make some adjustments. He doesn't even have to outcoach Pop (because he can't) but he needs to do something.

If they get Wiggins/Embiid/Parker or who I really want them to get, Exum, they'll be in good position for years to come though.

I don't see any of these players making the impact there expected to :nerd:

I think all of them will be great outside of Embiid. Dude is literally Thomas Robinson 2.0.

Terrible comparison :lol: .. Embiid just really started playing basketball. I still like Wigs, Bari, and Exum over him, but to compare him to TRobb is a reach.

[h1]http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/05/the-numbers-behind-joey-crawford-officiated-heat-playoff-games/[/h1]
[h1]The Numbers Behind Joey Crawford-Officiated Heat Playoff Games[/h1]By Josh Baumgard  @JoshBaumgard  ·  On May 14, 2014

Note: This was written before Game 5 on Wednesday
[h3]Ugh![/h3]
It’s the word muttered most by fans when they learn Joey Crawford is officiating their team’s game. Fans don’t like him. Tim Duncan despises  him. I can’t stand him.

For fun, I looked up the Miami Heat’s playoff record during the LeBron Era (2011-2013) when Joey Crawford blessed them with his presence, as will be the case tonight for Game 5 in Miami.

In the LeBron Era, the Heat are 7-6 (.571) in games Crawford has officiated. They are 39-15 (.722) in games he has not. One of those Heat wins also includes that magical Game 6 in last year’s NBA Finals against the Spurs. For the hell of it, I compared Crawford’s overall home/away win percentage  from this same timeframe to Miami’s home/away win percentage with Crawford on the court.
[table][tr][td]  [/td][td]CRAWFORD AVG[/td][td]MIA W/ CRAW[/td][td]DIFF[/td][/tr][tr][td]HOME[/td][td]67.50%[/td][td]80%[/td][td]+12.5%[/td][/tr][tr][td]AWAY[/td][td]32.50%[/td][td]20%[/td][td]-12.5[/td][/tr][/table]
While the Heat have won about 13 percent more games at home with Crawford compared to his average home games, they won about 13 percent less games on the road with Crawford compared to his average away games — a wash. Remember, the sample is tiny, with just nine Heat home games and five away games.

For Heat fans, yes it’s true. The team has won a higher percentage of relative playoff games without Joey Crawford since LeBron James has taken his talents to Downtown Miami (approximately an hour walk to South Beach). But is there a statistical significance and some sort of anti-Heat bias? That’s pushing it.
HOORAY FOR CONSPIRACIES!!

Last edited:
i legit might have this printed & framed...sleeved bs n all

getting the new hornets jersey on there wouldve made it perfect.......unless its sleeved

Last edited:
The Thunder could still win this series without Ibaka.. but that's different than "they should".

It'll take Russ and Durant to both have good/great games.. every game.. and someone else to step up.. and Brooks to make some adjustments. He doesn't even have to outcoach Pop (because he can't) but he needs to do something.
Can't count out Russ and KD.. those two dudes alone can win them this series.

But they ain't gonna win any game this series giving up 122. They had a pretty decent game offensively.. but don't expect fish to put up 16 again, and their D needs most of the work if they want to win this series.

Everybody is spouting this 60pts in the paint. Lol, I bet if I go look at the last 3 Spurs/Okc game it's not much diff than 60 in the paint. His replacement scoring 0 isn't my fault. I didn't pick the lineup

antidope antidope repped for that post. Heat fans hate Crawford as much as anyone else. I never understood the ignorant notion that Crawford is an automatic W for Miami. He's a bad ref for any game.

Last edited:
i dont get how the thunder have 2 of the top 6 players in the league, and they need more offense. maybe if they ran an offense they would be ok. no faith in this team led by brooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom