2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect we'll need a new thread for the playoffs if the Lakers get the #1 pick and the Pacers win game 2.

3 all star level guys (3 now making max) and a borderline one. There's no way it was going to work financially to keep all 4. Guys sign on their potential based off the improvement track they are on all the time. Wall got his max before making an all star game or playoffs, ditto Cousins.

3 all star level guys (3 now making max) and a borderline one. There's no way it was going to work financially to keep all 4. Guys sign on their potential based off the improvement track they are on all the time. Wall got his max before making an all star game or playoffs, ditto Cousins.

You can go over the cap to resign your own guys. It's more of a cheap ownership issue and logic, but to say it was impossible is being dishonest. I don't think it's been a situation unique like OKC before so it's hard to say. I would say the Spurs, but they never had a 4th guy that was close to being an All-Star level type guy while the other 3 were clearly star level players.

I just think the fact that they gave away Jeff Green, James Harden, and probably Reggie Jax for marginal returns is going to end up killing them in the long term when it comes to trying to keep KD and Russ together and be a viable contender for years to come like most of us thought after the 2012 Finals.

smokin.gif

I wonder how the official jerseys will look like
maybe even some dope P.Es 
nthat.gif

Kawhi Leonard is on a mission , probly still having nightmares about clutch free throws :smh:

He's giving them a Westbrook type energy which is scary for that team...they already got too many weapons.

he's being more assertive. dont know if pop is giving him more of a green light, but the kid is playing on another level right now. know its hard to tell by his lack of emotion, but last night, he was really engaged and you could see it on his face

would love to see timmy go out as a winner

Last edited:

You can go over the cap to resign your own guys. It's more of a cheap ownership issue and logic, but to say it was impossible is being dishonest. I don't think it's been a situation unique like OKC before so it's hard to say. I would say the Spurs, but they never had a 4th guy that was close to being an All-Star level type guy while the other 3 were clearly star level players.

I just think the fact that they gave away Jeff Green, James Harden, and probably Reggie Jax for marginal returns is going to end up killing them in the long term when it comes to trying to keep KD and Russ together and be a viable contender for years to come like most of us thought after the 2012 Finals.

Duncan, Manu, and Parker combine to make 30 mil right now (Splitter instead of Manu makes it 32.5, their 3 highest paid players, and his contract is frontloaded). Both Manu's contracts have been steals.

Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka combine to make 45 mil right now and KD/Russ have built in raises. Nobody is taking a massive paycut at this point in their careers, to stay in OKC no less. I agree ownership should be more willing to spend and even into the tax, but with the tax line at 70, paying over 60 for 4 players isn't a good idea.

Jeff Green was traded for Kendrick Perkins, absolutely fine with that.

Last edited:
I hope Love does go to the Lakers just so everyone can stop talking about "Player A to the Lakers". Give them Westbrook too. I still don't think they would win it all :lol:

Certain players just don't mesh well together and it'll be hard seeing a Westbrook/Kobe backcourt try to work.

Last edited:
I hope Love does go to the Lakers just so everyone can stop talking about "Player A to the Lakers". Give them Westbrook too. I still don't think they would win it all :lol:

If they get Wiggins/Embiid/Parker or who I really want them to get, Exum, they'll be in good position for years to come though.

Certain players just don't mesh well together and it'll be hard seeing a Westbrook/Kobe backcourt try to work.

kobe will be nearly 40 if he still playing. but then again dude prob still command 20M+

Call me crazy. Okc won't lose again. If they do it will be game 5 in SA then they close it out back in Okc for game 6

You also said ibaka was meh :lol:

And I stick by that. This shouldn't be a series that is greatly affected by Ibakas absence, plain and simple. Thunders athleticism should greatly outweigh what Spurs are able to do offensively. Defense is 9o% effort and 1o% skill. I didn't see 50% effort or any type of leadership at all in last nights loss. There were times that you could tell OKC was just more athletic and superior regardless of how sound Spurs were, even when Okc came back and took the lead. In the second quarter Russ/KD sat together for over 5 minutes, on the bench. Not to mention the lineup that was started. Thunder has the talent, they are missing everything else at times, so yea, it's easy to blame the loss on Ibakas absence, I however, don't feel that way though

Last edited:
Kobe is retiring after his contract is up, you're tripping if you think otherwise.

He's still going to get paid by the Lakers for "consulting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom