2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Ok? That wouldn't be outlandish either

But to say their the same athletically is disrespectful to d rose's hangtime, first step & elusiveness, thats like saying prime vick is the same athletically as kap & rg3 because they're both fast qb's
Disrespectful? :lol: There is no discernable gap between the 2 players in any of the categories that u listed.

And Vick is a terrible parallel because u can just point to the 40.

Last edited:
wut? rose more athletic? how exactly? he's slower end to end, he doesn't jump as high, russ is stronger, and an inch taller. rose was good, but lettuce bee cereal.

i don't even wanna ask what are you basing these theory's on..not like we have much rose material to compare..3 seasons? westbrook came in the L on some superhero ****

Yall musta forgot

they did

sick.gif

Charles Barkley was that straight animal man.... he's like a damn Blake Griffin on steroids but he's only 6'6?
pimp.gif

Drose pre injury was stupid quick. His first step is crazy. The floater while funky looking was money

Won't tolerate any Rose slander, those living in the moment herbs can throw stones all they want will the cliche' injury prone statements but injuries happen and the fact of the matter is even with those injuries his potential upside is STILL to the tune of being a perennial top 5 player in the league for the next 10 years.

I can't see the clips but Chuck was def my favorite player as a kid. 

For he and Rodman to be such great rebounders for their height 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
We were discussing that list in GroupMe yesterday. My picks were: Stockton, MJ, Pippen, Duncan, The Dream with $4 to spare on Larry Bird as my 6th man.

I factored in chemistry and felt like Jordan with Pippen would make the best 2/3 combo. Stockton and Duncan wouldn't be flashy and would do all of the right things. Hakeem would be able to hold his own or work every big on that list.

Last edited:
they are 1a 1b & have been forever
nah

We aren't talking basketball we are talking athletically and quite frankly wall as built already has physical advantages over both (Taller & ridiculous Reach), End to End he's as quick as anyone in the league, he just doesn't have the ability to shift directions in the lane as quick as Rose/russ but in the open floor his change of direction is second to none.

The only reason people don't think Wall is as athletic RW & Rose because he doesn't attack the rim enough. Wall's speed makes him look like he's gliding rather than just a speedball. He needs attack more but not so much that he puts himself in harms way.

We were discussing that list in GroupMe yesterday. My picks were: Stockton, MJ, Pippen, Duncan, The Dream with $4 to spare on Larry Bird as my 6th man.

I factored in chemistry and felt like Jordan with Pippen would make the best 2/3 combo. Stockton and Duncan wouldn't be flashy and would do all of the right things. Hakeem would be able to hold his own or work every big on that list.
i went with the same, but you only have $3 left over.. so trying decide on how to use the remaining $3: durant ($2) and KG ($1).. dirk ($2) and KG.. or shaq ($2) and KG

probably shaq and KG

of course they did on that what have you don't for me lately type ish

:x :smh:

i cannot imagine him coming back timid ... he's just going to have to come back and blow out both knees ... b/c seeing him play any other way ... cannot do it ...

The only reason people don't think Wall is as athletic RW & Rose because he doesn't attack the rim enough. Wall's speed makes him look like he's gliding rather than just a speedball. He needs attack more but not so much that he puts himself in harms way.
Plus the fact that he has learned how to adjust and play at a different speed now

i went with the same, but you only have $3 left over.. so trying decide on how to use the remaining $3: durant ($2) and KG ($1).. dirk ($2) and KG.. or shaq ($2) and KG

probably shaq and KG

You're right. I would probably just go with Durant (for outside shooting purposes) and KG. I feel like a rotation of Duncan/ Hakeem / KG would be good enough to handle anybody. What the team lack is a legit sharp shooter and Durant could provide that. Also, if Jordan gets in his foul trouble, you have another go to perimeter scorer.

Stockton
Jordan
Pippen / Durant
Duncan / Garnett
The Dream

:x

Last edited:
they are 1a 1b & have been forever

Yeah both Russ and Rose are both ridiculously athletic but take it to the rim differently. Rose preferred to do crazy agile layups 1st but will still dunk on you while Russ prefers to dunk on you 1st and sometimes he'll mix it in with a nice touch off the glass 

I was looking at that list and I was sitting in my office thinking about who would be in my list. IDK about you guys, but I'd use the entire $15 :lol:

PG: Walt Fraizer $1
SG: Michael Jordan $5
SF: Lebron Jame $5
PF: Tim Duncan $3
C: Hakeem Olajuwon $1

This is easily the best defensive lineup you can muster up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom