2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to go Hakeem, Jordan, Duncan, Thomas, Lebron but way over ...

Gotta go w/ Pip, Isiah, Tim, Hakeem and Jordan ...

Switching out isiah for stockton would be feasible too b/c then i could get Bron ... the pricing is way out of wack ... lol

I was looking at that list and I was sitting in my office thinking about who would be in my list. IDK about you guys, but I'd use the entire $15 :lol:

PG: Walt Fraizer $1
SG: Michael Jordan $5
SF: Lebron Jame $5
PF: Tim Duncan $3
C: Hakeem Olajuwon $1

This is easily the best defensive lineup you can muster up.

I'll just use the 2-3 zone on you and pray that it works.

What's funny is that no one is picking Kobe. A lot of my friends that are Laker fans didn't even pick Kobe. I guess when looking at it, most would rather have MJ at SG either way.

Last edited:

i went with the same, but you only have $3 left over.. so trying decide on how to use the remaining $3: durant ($2) and KG ($1).. dirk ($2) and KG.. or shaq ($2) and KG

probably shaq and KG
You're right. I would probably just go with Durant (for outside shooting purposes) and KG. I feel like a rotation of Duncan/ Hakeem / KG would be good enough to handle anybody. What the team lack is a legit sharp shooter and Durant could provide that. Also, if Jordan gets in his foul trouble, you have another go to perimeter scorer.

Stockton
Jordan
Pippen / Durant
Duncan / Garnett
The Dream

sick.gif
yea.. shooting was my biggest concern.. hence why i listed durant and dirk first.. but then i figured keeping shaq away from other teams would be a bigger bonus

with young garnett being able to play the 3 or the 4, he could backup both spots.. and dream could go down to the 4 spot.. duncan would be able to play mins at the 5

Wish Steve Nash was on there. If I'm ever making one of those hypothetical fantasy teams, I want Steve Nash on it. Greatest Shooter ever. Every other guy can be deemed a "non-shooter" and you can potentially win by zoning them up. Steve Nash nullifys that.

damn i miss d rose. hard to compare him with russ when russ plays alongside durant and previously harden. who the hell was rose running with?

Won't tolerate any Rose slander, those living in the moment herbs can throw stones all they want will the cliche' injury prone statements but injuries happen and the fact of the matter is even with those injuries his potential upside is STILL to the tune of being a perennial top 5 player in the league for the next 10 years.

This.

Dudes have a lot of nerve throwing slander around because his body is failing him as if its his fault. Rose is one of the most athletically gifted players to ever play the game, you can look at tape of him at 16 and he's more explosive than most pro's.

All I hope is that he can stay healthy, even earlier this year dude was as explosive as ever.

I can't see the clips but Chuck was def my favorite player as a kid. 

For he and Rodman to be such great rebounders for their height :nthat:

Chuck is up there with Shaq for me as the most athletic fat guys I've ever seen, ironic that they're co-workers now. :lol:

This.

Dudes have a lot of nerve throwing slander around because his body is failing him as if its his fault. Rose is one of the most athletically gifted players to ever play the game, you can look at tape of him at 16 and he's more explosive than most pro's.

All I hope is that he can stay healthy, even earlier this year dude was as explosive as ever.
Chuck is up there with Shaq for me as the most athletic fat guys I've ever seen, ironic that they're co-workers now. :lol:

Why is Rose any different than a Brandon Roy who showed flashes of greatness, yet his body failed him as well. No need to put the cape on for him, I'm a Rose fan, but until he proves that he can stay healthy for an entire season and return to close to an All-Star or MVP level, then you guys really don't have a leg to stand on, no pun intended. Until we see it with our own eyes, his athleticism at this point is an unknown and Russ is running the league.

? if OKC does happen to get to the finals is does LBJ HAVE to guard Russ?

Obviously you have KD to worry about but Battier on him for spots could work because his game isn't predicated on going to the basket. In Russ case i don't see anyone on the heat outside of LBJ being able to alter him getting to the paint at will. Wade is still godd defensively but atletically Russ is on a whole other level and he will continue to attack time & time again.

Why is Rose any different than a Brandon Roy who showed flashes of greatness, yet his body failed him as well. No need to put the cape on for him, I'm a Rose fan, but until he proves that he can stay healthy for an entire season and return to close to an All-Star or MVP level, then you guys really don't have a leg to stand on, no pun intended. Until we see it with our own eyes, his athleticism at this point is an unknown and Russ is running the league.
Lmao leg to stand on

wut? rose more athletic? how exactly? he's slower end to end, he doesn't jump as high, russ is stronger, and an inch taller. rose was good, but lettuce bee cereal.

i don't even wanna ask what are you basing these theory's on..not like we have much rose material to compare..3 seasons? westbrook came in the L on some superhero ****

Yall musta forgot

thanks for posting this bro...:frown: I forgot how much I loved watching dude hoop. Damn he was nice. Especially in his year before the injury when his 3 was clicking. Dude was tough as nails. Damn lebron for exposing him.

alot of yall picking the coolest names . if your list dont got no 3 point shooters it sucks . need atleast one to space the floor and open up cutting lanes ..also not make it overly easy to double your bigs...not to mention it makes life easier on these facilitators yall picking.

Bosh said today he wants to stay and Miami and is willing to take abotert pay cut just to do it. Just what we need to keep them together :smokin

thanks for posting this bro...:frown: I forgot how much I loved watching dude hoop. Damn he was nice. Especially in his year before the injury when his 3 was clicking. Dude was tough as nails. Damn lebron for exposing him.

dude literally shoved tyreke and wrestled him to the ground without touching him :smh:. that vid doesn't even have some of his chasedown blocks..... beasty

I'll just use the 2-3 zone on you and pray that it works.

What's funny is that no one is picking Kobe. A lot of my friends that are Laker fans didn't even pick Kobe. I guess when looking at it, most would rather have MJ at SG either way.
my favorite player ever but that 4 dollar price tag is pretty rich . not a good value...also him and jordan have way too big of an ego to be on any non olympic team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom