2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkely was a better player than Dirk & KG. He was better rebounder and passer with equivalent scoring ability.

Malone; debatable.

Duncan; GOAT at 4.

How the hell was Barkley a better passer and rebounder than KG?

I'm not going to speak on Dirk because I can't do so objectively.

Barkely was a better player than Dirk & KG. He was better rebounder and passer with equivalent scoring ability.

Malone; debatable.

Duncan; GOAT at 4.

For their careers, Barkely averaged 11.7 RPG w 3.9 APG versus KG's 10.3 RPG and 3.9 APG. I like both but if I had to choose, I'd choose Barkley. FWIW Barkley averaged more points but KG was a better team defender.

Last edited:

Barkely was a better player than Dirk debatable.

Duncan; GOAT at 4.

For their careers, Barkely averaged 11.7 RPG w 3.9 APG versus KG's 10.9 RPG and 3.9 APG. I like both but if I had to choose, I'd choose Barkley.

Ahh the raw look at numbers but you simply can't do that.

Kevin Garnett played 17 years and Barkley played 16.

Through Kevin Garnett's first 12 years he averaged more rebounds and assists.

Him still trying to struggle along in his twilight years is hurting his overall numbers.

Good try though

Last edited:

Barkely was a better player than Dirk debatable.

Duncan; GOAT at 4.

For their careers, Barkely averaged 11.7 RPG w 3.9 APG versus KG's 10.9 RPG and 3.9 APG. I like both but if I had to choose, I'd choose Barkley.
Ahh the raw look at numbers but you simply can't do that.

Kevin Garnett played 17 years and Barkley played 12.

Through Kevin Garnett's first 12 years he averaged more rebounds and assists.

Him still trying to struggle along in his twilight years is hurting his overall numbers.

Good try though
Oh....I'm sorry. I just won't believe my own eyes anymore. I'll take note of that. Thanks. Just say KG > Barkley and argue reasons why. No issue with that. I just can't stand when we become slaves to analytics. I understand we're in the age of ESPN crazy stats, but the eye test has to account for something now. You can adjust and skew numbers for days on end to make it fit a particular argument. 

Last edited:
You're really splitting hairs when u compare those 2 athletically.

If there is a difference, it's negligible

Last edited:
Why do y'all argue over hypothetical choices for a hypothetical question
laugh.gif
it's the basis of S&T man 
laugh.gif

it's the basis of S&T man 
laugh.gif
It's like a google battle at that point
laugh.gif

Who can google the most stats the fastest and put them together in a sentence
laugh.gif
I know but to me it's only part of the story. You can't quantify style of play and eras. That's where the arguments come in. Stats are the only tangible that goes on, but watching also tells a story. It's fun to a certain point to argue it. That's why Xbox and Playstation are fun 
laugh.gif

I know but to me it's only part of the story. You can't quantify style of play and eras. That's where the arguments come in. Stats are the only tangible that goes on, but watching also tells a story. It's fun to a certain point to argue it. That's why Xbox and Playstation are fun :lol:

:lol:

Hey man, don't let me stop y'all

I know but to me it's only part of the story. You can't quantify style of play and eras. That's where the arguments come in. Stats are the only tangible that goes on, but watching also tells a story. It's fun to a certain point to argue it. That's why Xbox and Playstation are fun 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey man, don't let me stop y'all
Oh no, not at all. This entire thread is just an online version of a barbershop argument. It's all good 
laugh.gif

Having this discussion with my boys
View media item 994376
I pick Stockton , Wade (06 Prime Wade ) , Lebron , Kg , Olajuwon = 10

Who would you pick ?

Stockton, Jeffrey, LeBron, KG, Dream... I have play makers and defense ALL OVER THE COURT... Legit probably the best combination passing, defensive ability, and teammates on that list... Only Jeffrey's ego which is great, we're running the gym... and I have a buck left over to buy a couple of bags of chips :lol: :pimp:

Dudes really forgot about Rose though ? It's either that or y'all just started watching basketball.
This thread hates D Rose until further notice :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom