2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but even if Marc Gasol never blossomed the way he did, the grizzlies got what they wanted out of that trade. Something that started and sped up the rebuilding process. I'm sure they had better short term trade offers but they probably wouldve kept them in no mans land.

Still
pimp.gif
about the trade though. 09 and 10 were great
lol its cool i just pointed that out in support of my hypothetical question .......i'll end it here cause theres too many ifs and buts to digest or for some to handle right now.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Finals. Partly because of the result but mostly because the Spurs played some of the most perfect basketball I've ever seen (probably the only thing close was the defense of the 96 Bulls - that trapping, swarming monster was beautiful too).

I also loved how some of the old Spurs were there too - David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson etc. I think that says a lot about the organisation - probably only the Lakers can claim anything similar - everyone else seems to burn bridges as soon as they're done.

Last edited:
I feel that.

Hypotheticals sports wise can mind **** the hell outta a person when you really think about em.

On some. What if bird never stole isiah's pass in game 5 in 87, or perhaps the spurs 3 peat if .4 doesn't happen. I can think of hypotheticals and what if scenarios for days.

Their interesting to think about from time to time. At least for me when I'm bored.

And arguments can be made that he was the best in o9. And arguments can be made that he wasn't the best but ONE OF THE BEST in o9.
But when it's clear based on facts that either of those two statements could be true, and then people start saying, "you're cracked if you think Wade was anywhere near better than Kobe over the course of their careers"...I'm like man, that's not even the debate.
Wade put up better individual stats than Kobe in 09. No one can dispute that. The problem comes in when you or anyone else tries to say that Wade is better than Kobe when he is in fact not. No amount of stat geek PER is going to change that. There is a reason Kobe is considered a top 10 player all time and Wade isn't in that discussion. 
How did you disprove me. Youve just proved beans semen is on your lips. Wades 09 season was one for the ages. This is fact. He was better than bean in every statistical category except 3p% and ft%. Again fact. He dragged a team of nobodies to the playoffs and 7 games..while bean had gasol and odom and artest and phil
Yea Kobe dragged a worse roster into the playoffs in a tougher conference and went 7 with a far better team. Wades 09 season was epic but that does not make him a better player. It just means he had a better individual season.
Were not talkin about 06. But bean had a great year.. if not the most efficient. The #s kd and bron putting up the past few years make it look semi meh efficiency wise. Plus he lost 3-1 lead. But 06 wade put up legendary stats in the finals
Again stats like PER and efficiency are not the end all be all. Kobe's game was never predicated on him being efficient. He is a risk taker while players like LeBron and Wade aren't. Kobe has a higher risk reward ratio than both which is why he is less "efficient". If PER and Efficiency are the end all be all, how does a player that is less "efficient" and has a lower PER have more rings than said players with higher ratings in both categories?

Last edited:
unclerukus unclerukus It's pointless debating most things with you because...
I don't know if your so intent on being right, being knowledgeable, or just disproving someone but geez...
It's like this debating with you,imagine having a conversation with someone , I don't know your GF for example, and your and her are debating which is better Twitter or IG, you guys are both making point to support your opinion on which is best, right...
Ok now imagine me getting in on this debate between Twitter and IG EXCEPT all the points I bring up aren't relative to Twitter or IG because the points I'm bringing up (although they may be valid points) aren't reflective of the topic being debated because I'm arguing that FB is better because it has more money and it owns Twitter and IG etc etc etc

First thing you and your GF are going to think is..."man why is this fool arguing FB? We talking about Twitter and IG"

This is what it's like to debate with you unclerukus unclerukus
You make good points, just on the wrong topic of debate

Now you got people debating KOBE vs Wade, although this may be a topic that some would debate, it's not a topic that anyone here on NT has supported, y'all are just arguing against yourself on Kobe vs Wade, congrats on being able to 1. Entertain yourself and 2. Being able to completely derail the debate by not reading what your debating
3. Continue, but I'm skipping your comments or anyone else's they bring up Kobe vs Wade because your debating something I wouldn't dare to say or claim much less debate if we're talking about careers

Last edited:
lol at Kobe fans now using the arguments I used to use to say Iverson was better.

that's right. this is now going to become a Kobe vs Iverson thread :pimp:

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Finals. Partly because of the result but mostly because the Spurs played some of the most perfect basketball I've ever seen (probably the only thing close was the defense of the 96 Bulls - that trapping, swarming monster was beautiful too).

I also loved how some of the old Spurs were there too - David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson etc. I think that says a lot about the organisation - probably only the Lakers can claim anything similar - everyone else seems to burn bridges as soon as they're done.
Miami Heat Mafia is starting to take shape a bit. But I always wondered why other franchises aren't like this. I mean the Spurs still say nothing but the nicest things about Doc Rivers and he plotted against us with Tim Duncan.

You would think that every basketball team would have this fraternity mentality but eh.

AND HERE WE GO >>>>>>

Is Tim Duncan’s Ex Outing Him As Gay?

Tim Duncan was just on the top of the world a few days ago, after winning the NBA Championship, but now he’s taking an L in the tabloids. According to BlackMediaScoop.com, Tim and his wife Amy entered into divorce proceedings in March. In June, the rumors of him having a gay relationship with his best friend emerge. But, it seems that Amy hired an investigator to dig up this dirt. She didn’t just start some crap on a blog. She allegedly unearthed evidence that Tim had an affair with a man while they were married.

Here is the rest of the run down:

An anonymous source claims that Duncan met his male lover during his college years and lived together throughout college, as well as years afterward. The source claims the alleged lover even lived with Duncan and Amy during the their first two years of marriage, before Duncan finally bought the man a condo of his own.
The source claims that Duncan is now working to have a gag order placed on Amy to keep his bisexuality a secret. “Amy treated Tim like a ***** throughout their marriage because she knew he was f**^*ng his BFF. Tim knows Amy was cheating on him but he’s willing to give her whatever she wants, because he doesn’t want Amy to tell the world that he’s bisexual.”
Here is Tim, his estranged wife and the man she claims tore them apart – allegedly!

AND HERE WE GO >>>>>>

Tim Duncan was just on the top of the world a few days ago, after winning the NBA Championship, but now he’s taking an L in the tabloids. According to BlackMediaScoop.com, Tim and his wife Amy entered into divorce proceedings in March. In June, the rumors of him having a gay relationship with his best friend emerge. But, it seems that Amy hired an investigator to dig up this dirt. She didn’t just start some crap on a blog. She allegedly unearthed evidence that Tim had an affair with a man while they were married.

Here is the rest of the run down:

An anonymous source claims that Duncan met his male lover during his college years and lived together throughout college, as well as years afterward. The source claims the alleged lover even lived with Duncan and Amy during the their first two years of marriage, before Duncan finally bought the man a condo of his own.
The source claims that Duncan is now working to have a gag order placed on Amy to keep his bisexuality a secret. “Amy treated Tim like a ***** throughout their marriage because she knew he was f**^*ng his BFF. Tim knows Amy was cheating on him but he’s willing to give her whatever she wants, because he doesn’t want Amy to tell the world that he’s bisexual.”
Here is Tim, his estranged wife and the man she claims tore them apart – allegedly!
S&TMZ

mean.gif

I hope this interests less than 1 of you.

For real.

Y'all stick w/ arguing overrated coaches and DRob's PER.

Last edited:

Miami Heat Mafia is starting to take shape a bit. But I always wondered why other franchises aren't like this. I mean the Spurs still say nothing but the nicest things about Doc Rivers and he plotted against us with Tim Duncan.

You would think that every basketball team would have this fraternity mentality but eh.

Yeah, you hope it would be like that - but I suppose as well as being a team they're a business and sometimes tough decisions are made with players past their prime - and often it's different owners/management so the continuity isn't there. I guess that's partly what makes the Spurs different - they've had the same core for a long time - that and they seem decent people with respect for each other.

And arguments can be made that he was the best in o9. And arguments can be made that he wasn't the best but ONE OF THE BEST in o9.

But when it's clear based on facts that either of those two statements could be true, and then people start saying, "you're cracked if you think Wade was anywhere near better than Kobe over the course of their careers"...I'm like man, that's not even the debate.

Wade put up better individual stats than Kobe in 09. No one can dispute that. The problem comes in when you or anyone else tries to say that Wade is better than Kobe when he is in fact not. No amount of stat geek PER is going to change that. There is a reason Kobe is considered a top 10 player all time and Wade isn't in that discussion. 

How did you disprove me. Youve just proved beans semen is on your lips. Wades 09 season was one for the ages. This is fact. He was better than bean in every statistical category except 3p% and ft%. Again fact. He dragged a team of nobodies to the playoffs and 7 games..while bean had gasol and odom and artest and phil

Yea Kobe dragged a worse roster into the playoffs in a tougher conference and went 7 with a far better team. Wades 09 season was epic but that does not make him a better player. It just means he had a better individual season.
Were not talkin about 06. But bean had a great year.. if not the most efficient. The #s kd and bron putting up the past few years make it look semi meh efficiency wise. Plus he lost 3-1 lead. But 06 wade put up legendary stats in the finals

Again stats like PER and efficiency are not the end all be all. Kobe's game was never predicated on him being efficient. He is a risk taker while players like LeBron and Wade aren't. Kobe has a higher risk reward ratio than both which is why he is less "efficient". If PER and Efficiency are the end all be all, how does a player that is less "efficient" and has a lower PER have more rings than said players with higher ratings in both categories?
do you realize how stupid the bolded sounds? he's a "risk taker"? LMAO. it's like you're making excuses for his inefficiency and the boneheaded low IQ shots he's taken his whole career.

the last 2 mvps have put up 50-40-90 ish type efficiency

and how does a player with lower PER have more rings? because he played with shaq the first 8 years of his career..thats how

Last edited:
Yo Lebron's never come to close to being a 40-50-90 guy :lol:

That's just ridiculous!

He's like a 75 pct free throw shooter

If that's a 90 pct, we might as well say Kobe's a 60 pct shooter from the field too :lol:

Even if we take away Kobe's "free" rings he still as just as many rings as Lebron

Also since PER is such a all encompassing stat , I guess David Robinson the 4th best player of All time?

Yo Lebron's never come to close to being a 40-50-90 guy
laugh.gif

That's just ridiculous!

If that's a 90 pct, we might as well say Kobe's a 60 pct shooter from the field too
laugh.gif

Even if we take away Kobe's "free" rings he still as just as many rings as Lebron

Also since PER is such a all encompassing stat , I guess David Robinson the 4th best player of All time?
It's PER, not BEST. 

Based on the methodology utilized, it could be said that he's the 4th most efficient player. 

But go ahead, bless us with your proprietary algorithm that is superior to PER. 

Personally, I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!

Yo Lebron's never come to close to being a 40-50-90 guy :lol:

That's just ridiculous!

If that's a 90 pct, we might as well say Kobe's a 60 pct shooter from the field too :lol:

thats why i said ISH.. FT% is what held him back.he had the other splits easy though. durant cleared it easy as well as a primarily jump shooter.

yea he'd have same as lebron but less than wade..which is who this original argument was about..

no doubt in my mind if you plug vince carter or tmac instead of bean they still 3peat if not more

hell even AI who is drastically more inefficient they would probably still win since shaq was THAT good and iverson would actually pass to him unlike someone

Last edited:
AND HERE WE GO >>>>>>

Tim Duncan was just on the top of the world a few days ago, after winning the NBA Championship, but now he’s taking an L in the tabloids. According to BlackMediaScoop.com

:rolleyes why even bring this trash in here?

do you realize how stupid the bolded sounds? he's a "risk taker"? LMAO. it's like you're making excuses for his inefficiency and the boneheaded low IQ shots he's taken his whole career.

the last 2 mvps have put up 50-40-90 ish type efficiency

and how does a player with lower PER have more rings? because he played with shaq the first 8 years of his career..thats how
It's less idiotic than your logic fam. Wade has zero rings without Shaq, Bron and Bosh. Bron has zero rings without Wade and Bosh. Kobe still has more rings than both without a top 5 player at his position all time. So a dude with low efficiency and a low IQ still has managed more legitimate rings than dudes with a higher PER and greater Basketball IQ's 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom