2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you realize how stupid the bolded sounds? he's a "risk taker"? LMAO. it's like you're making excuses for his inefficiency and the boneheaded low IQ shots he's taken his whole career.

the last 2 mvps have put up 50-40-90 ish type efficiency

and how does a player with lower PER have more rings? because he played with shaq the first 8 years of his career..thats how

It's less idiotic than your logic fam. Wade has zero rings without Shaq, Bron and Bosh. Bron has zero rings without Wade and Bosh. Kobe still has more rings than both without a top 5 player at his position all time. So a dude with low efficiency and a low IQ still has managed more legitimate rings than dudes with a higher PER and greater Basketball IQ's :lol:  

bro the argument was that wade was better than kobe in 09.. he was. idc if bean won the ring that year. wade was a better player.

and some of you kobe stans made it seem like an outrageous comment.

and lets not act like kobe didn't win with arguably the greatest coach of all-time who has the most rings and an offensive system which yielded 11 titles

Last edited:
bro the argument was that wade was better than kobe in 09.. he was. idc if bean won the ring that year. wade was a better player.

and lets not act like kobe didn't win with arguably the greatest coach of all-time who has the most rings and an offensive system which yielded 11 titles
Again if you read what I actually said, I already stated that Wade had a better individual statistical year in 09. He's just not better than kobe. Who's making the excuses now fam? 
laugh.gif

Yo Lebron's never come to close to being a 40-50-90 guy :lol:

That's just ridiculous!

He's like a 75 pct free throw shooter

If that's a 90 pct, we might as well say Kobe's a 60 pct shooter from the field too :lol:

Even if we take away Kobe's "free" rings he still as just as many rings as Lebron

Also since PER is such a all encompassing stat , I guess David Robinson the 4th best player of All time?

thats why i said ISH.. FT% is what held him back.he had the other splits easy though. durant cleared it easy as well as a primarily jump shooter.

yea he'd have same as lebron but less than wade..which is what this original argument was about..

no doubt in my mind if you plug vince carter or tmac instead of bean they still 3peat if not more

hell even AI who is drastically more inefficient they would probably still win since shaq was THAT good and iverson would actually pass to him unlike someone

Ish?1?

its 15 percentage points!

If he was in the 80's then maybe we could say ish

So was Wade or Lebron the catalyst for the Heat's 2 recent championships?

Thats great that you think you could play TMAC or Vince Carter plug and play instead of Kobe but its not based in reality

Again if you read what I actually said, I already stated that Wade had a better individual statistical year in 09. He's just not better than kobe. Who's making the excuses now fam? :lol:

are you talking overall or that particular year? in that year wade was better. kobe is better overall. he has a better resume and wade looks finished

what kobe has is longevity over all his rivals. we at least he did..

02/03 tmac was better
09 wade was better
lebron and durant have been better

Kobe and wade?? Are you kidding me?

Forget the "accomplishments" forget the players there surrounded by..watch the two individuals perform...

I don't care for either but to say Dwade was a more polished better all around player than Kobe, you are delusional

Wade was special at one point but not ever at the same caliber as Kobe and those arguing this know this, they must just be bored..

Wade was a challenger
Kobe was a maserati

Last edited:
are you talking overall or that particular year? in that year wade was better. kobe is better overall. he has a better resume and wade looks finished

what kobe has is longevity over all his rivals. we at least he did..

02/03 tmac was better
09 wade was better
lebron and durant have been better
One year does not make a player better fundamentally that's the issue. They may have had a better year but they were not better players. Being more durable, having a better more varied skill set and winning more ships makes Kobe head and shoulders better than them.

They are letting their hate cloud their judgment

Theres a reason why Jordan, Kobe and Lebron are the ones talked about to no end of here

Yo Lebron's never come to close to being a 40-50-90 guy :lol:

That's just ridiculous!

He's like a 75 pct free throw shooter

If that's a 90 pct, we might as well say Kobe's a 60 pct shooter from the field too :lol:

Even if we take away Kobe's "free" rings he still as just as many rings as Lebron

Also since PER is such a all encompassing stat , I guess David Robinson the 4th best player of All time?

thats why i said ISH.. FT% is what held him back.he had the other splits easy though. durant cleared it easy as well as a primarily jump shooter.

yea he'd have same as lebron but less than wade..which is what this original argument was about..

no doubt in my mind if you plug vince carter or tmac instead of bean they still 3peat if not more

hell even AI who is drastically more inefficient they would probably still win since shaq was THAT good and iverson would actually pass to him unlike someone

Ish?1?

its 15 percentage points!

If he was in the 80's then maybe we could say ish

So was Wade or Lebron the catalyst for the Heat's 2 recent championships?

Thats great that you think you could play TMAC or Vince Carter plug and play instead of Kobe but its not based in reality
whats not based in reality about it? vince carter averaged more pts than kobe during that time frame. its like percentage pts but still. plus he was and always has been a better 3point shooter than kobe. (streaky 3p record bean shares be damned). this is fact

tmac averaged similar scoring stats and better when you factor in 03/04 for that timeframe.. and was a better 3p shooter as well during that period and was always a great passer.

and AI was a scoring machine who showed he could be a willing passer in those ASGs when he had someone worth passing to. plus its no secret ai and shaq always respected and admired each other

Last edited:
Scoring

Scoring and more scoring

What about the other side of the floor?

Wheres TMac and Vince's defensive accomplishments?

Wheres their All Defensive team selections?

Where's their defensive win shares?

When did those guys even finish in top 10 of the steals?

Last edited:
Kobe punkd tmac in that reg season. Game in 04.
Shut him down for the half .tmac and Vince were never better then Kobe . Kobe was always the best sg in the league since mj retired from the bulls.

Last edited:
Scoring

Scoring and more scoring

:lol: im not even gonna start on kobe's "defense"

the fact that he kept getting selected up until 2011 even though he hadn't played D for about 6 years tells me all i need to know about that reputation award. he'd been getting lit **** gilbert arenas dropped 60 in the staples center in 06 :lol:

kobe has more defensive selections than tim duncan.. tells me all i need to know about that.

and one can simply search for "kobe overrated defense" and see all the articles

Kobe Bryant | Los Angeles Lakers

There was a time when Bryant was a legitimately outstanding defender, anchoring the Lakers' first Phil Jackson-coached dynasty as a true two-way terror. In the 1999-2000 regular season and the 2001 playoffs, the Lakers had a pair of the best team defensive showings ever with Bryant as their top wing defender. In the 2004 playoffs, L.A.'s defense was 12 points better per 100 possessions when Kobe was on the court. During that time, Bryant racked up five consecutive (and well-deserved) All-Defense nods, three of which placed him on the first team.

But from that point on, there hasn't been a lot of evidence suggesting that Bryant has even been a good defender, much less one of the NBA's best.

In 2004-05, Kobe logged 40.7 minutes per game for one of the 40 worst defensive teams in league history, with the Lakers' defense somehow getting 2.4 points worse when he was on the floor. That touched off an eight-year stretch over which Bryant still garnered seven All-Defense selections despite the Lakers being little more than an average defensive team -- and actually playing one point per 100 possessions worse defensively with Bryant in the game.

While not exactly on the same level as Derek Jeter's host of ill-gotten Gold Gloves, Bryant's annual All-Defense recognition seems more and more like a legacy pick with each passing year. Adjusted plus/minus suggests he's no more than an average defender at this stage of his career, and at age 34 his best defensive days are likely in the rearview mirror. Bryant ranks among the NBA's all-time great players, and is still one of its best offensive threats, but his defensive impact has been overstated for years.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8595253/nba-kobe-bryant-joakim-noah-overrated-defenders

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rove-hes-the-most-overrated-player-in-the-nba

http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress....ryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

Last edited:
An elite wing player is not going to have the same type impact as an elite big on the defense. This should be standard common sense. The Lakers roster was trash from 04/05 up until Pau was traded to LA. The man tried to use the enter teams ineptitude as a way to discredit Kobe's individual defense. That's laughable at best.

Last edited:
An elite wing player is not going to have the same type impact as an elite big on the defense. This should be standard common sense. The Lakers roster was trash from 04/05 up until Pau was traded to LA. The man tried to use the enter teams ineptitude as a way to discredit Kobe's individual defense. That's laughable at best.

if bean didnt get lit up so bad they woulda been undefeated in the playoffs :lol:

Last edited:
1 game does not change anything. Mike got cooked at times also. So did Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, Tim Duncan etc etc. They are still elite defenders.

Shut him down for the half .tmac and Vince were never better then Kobe . Kobe was always the best sg in the league since mj retired from the bulls.

It was 1a 1b between t mac & kobe in 02-05

Kobe never really had competition on the west at the wing spot until ray allen came to seattle unless you count finley, the east was stacked with top wing players during the early 2000s era

09 d wade was the best two way player in the league, he was doing everything on the court

Scoring

Scoring and more scoring

:lol: im not even gonna start on kobe's "defense"

the fact that he kept getting selected up until 2011 even though he hadn't played D for about 6 years tells me all i need to know about that reputation award. he'd been getting lit **** gilbert arenas dropped 60 in the staples center in 06 :lol:

kobe has more defensive selections than tim duncan.. tells me all i need to know about that.

and one can simply search for "kobe overrated defense" and see all the articles

Kobe Bryant | Los Angeles Lakers

There was a time when Bryant was a legitimately outstanding defender, anchoring the Lakers' first Phil Jackson-coached dynasty as a true two-way terror. In the 1999-2000 regular season and the 2001 playoffs, the Lakers had a pair of the best team defensive showings ever with Bryant as their top wing defender. In the 2004 playoffs, L.A.'s defense was 12 points better per 100 possessions when Kobe was on the court. During that time, Bryant racked up five consecutive (and well-deserved) All-Defense nods, three of which placed him on the first team.

But from that point on, there hasn't been a lot of evidence suggesting that Bryant has even been a good defender, much less one of the NBA's best.

In 2004-05, Kobe logged 40.7 minutes per game for one of the 40 worst defensive teams in league history, with the Lakers' defense somehow getting 2.4 points worse when he was on the floor. That touched off an eight-year stretch over which Bryant still garnered seven All-Defense selections despite the Lakers being little more than an average defensive team -- and actually playing one point per 100 possessions worse defensively with Bryant in the game.

While not exactly on the same level as Derek Jeter's host of ill-gotten Gold Gloves, Bryant's annual All-Defense recognition seems more and more like a legacy pick with each passing year. Adjusted plus/minus suggests he's no more than an average defender at this stage of his career, and at age 34 his best defensive days are likely in the rearview mirror. Bryant ranks among the NBA's all-time great players, and is still one of its best offensive threats, but his defensive impact has been overstated for years.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8595253/nba-kobe-bryant-joakim-noah-overrated-defenders

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rove-hes-the-most-overrated-player-in-the-nba

http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress....ryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

But he got the trophies though... And T-Mac & Vince don't

True. Kobes defense didn't fall off till like 05 06. Then he would play in spurts . Mcgrady and Vince had no d. Kobe would punk ray Allen all the time as well.
Vince was soft. Yall forget how these dudes really played and just remember the good from them .

Last edited:

It was 1a 1b between t mac & kobe in 02-05

Kobe never really had competition on the west at the wing spot until ray allen came to seattle unless you count finley, the east was stacked with top wing players during the early 2000s era

09 d wade was the best two way player in the league, he was doing everything on the court

I was just watching his 09 highlights vs the Knicks. I miss young Wade. |I

1 game does not change anything. Mike got cooked at times also. So did Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, Tim Duncan etc etc. They are still elite defenders.
show me these examples of mj getting cooked.. i can't recall them.

and don't be a kobe stan and talk about that game when mj was on the wiz..

and don't get me wrong kobe's an all-time great..he's just slightly overrated to me.

some people say he has NEVER been the undisputed best player in the league..as we've had shaq duncan kg tmac wade ai durant lebron etc as rivals. again he outlasted most of his rivals.

hell lebron has DOMINATED him in their head to head matchups since their very first . 13w 6 L and more ppg and higher stats in every category
wade also has a winning record against bean with comparable stats

but you don't hear me though :nerd:

^this. it was pretty damn close.
kobe may have the slight edge, but i truly believe if u placed tmac with prime shaq on the lakers, there wouldnt be much drop off.
if you thinkn mcgrady had no defense then you werent paying attention in his early yrs. was solid in toronto and beginning in orl, but when he basically ran everything on offensive end and pretty much didnt bother on defense. his body gave out on him slowly and you could see it.
tmac elevating his game to the level was a surprise since he was suppose to be the 3rd option in orlando's pursuit of "big 3"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom