2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
derrick rose is penny hardaway 2.0 minus the cool shoe line.

i hope i'm proven wrong though.  i really enjoy watching him play.

You could make an argument wade was the best player in the league in 08-09

Having the best year of any player in the league in a given year does not make you the best player in the league if that makes sense. Wade had an MVP caliber year in 08-09 but at no point was dude ever better than Kobe. Bryant has had multiple years like Wade's 08-09 year. 
Kobe has had ZERO years like wades 09. Wade had a PER over 30. Kobe has never done that. Only 8 players in history have. And actually tmac in 03 did as well

David Robinson had a 30 PER season, In fact he has the 4th highest career PER , I guess he's better than Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and Russell

That PER stuff sounds like some John hollinger overly reliant on statistics nonsense that don't tell the entire story.

Different sport but tony romo has better career stats then troy aikman. Show only the stats and not the names and most people would assume aikman had the better stats of the two. Stats and PER stuff only tell part of the story.

David Robinson had a 30 PER season, In fact he has the 4th highest career PER , I guess he's better than Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and Russell

Oh im sure you saw tons of wilt kareem and russell games. Tell me more breh.

I know it may be a flawed metric but anyone with eyes who didnt live in LA could see wade was better that year.

Same for tmac in 02 03 imo. Bean just outlasted everyone.

Funny that efficiency doesn't matter to kobe and iverson stans :lol:

Come on man, you're better than that comment. You know that's not the point he's making, don't sway the conversation to a different argument with comments like that. I hate when people do that

Arguing with statheads is futile too :lol:

You cant be a stathead but then when you are disproved with a stat just say that people are Stans or dont argue like that

Explain David Robinson? :lol:

derrick rose is penny hardaway 2.0 minus the cool shoe line.

i hope i'm proven wrong though.  i really enjoy watching him play.

You a fortune teller huh bro

Noone has seen nothin yet I don't see why yall stay jumping the gun, it must be high school youngins that post these statements for attention that's the only thing I can think of

You can't judge what you don't know or see

You cant be a stathead but then when you are disproved with a stat just say that people are Stans or dont argue like that

Agreed with all this. With the exception of a few members who the term really does apply to, that term "Stan" has always been silly to me. Yeah you got your xtapolitis, uncharted drakes, and acboyz84's who fit the description but just because someone likes one player doesn't make them a Stan if they can view other players and teams partially.

Regarding dude who brought up the Kobe/Shaq situation, did you watch basketball during the 03-04 season? What part of a less dominant Shaq and a better defensive team then Shaq went against previously isn't comprehendable.

Dudes try and spin that situation one way or another and place sole blame one either of them 10 years after the fact when I'm sure both would admit that they each could've handled things differently.

Kobe was a douche who rubbed people the wrong way and if Shaq was better conditioned and in better shape he would've had a few more seasons of dominant Shaq rather then the sudden gradual decline we saw. Its easier said then done to get two big egos to swallow their pride and put differences aside though.

The point was (and I know because I'm the one who made the point from jump) that in 09 Wade was ONE OF if not THE BEST player in the league. So the PER does come into play for that one year to argue towards Wade being "the best that year".
Then dudes hear what they want, so they can argue what they want the way that they want. and say things like

"So 82 games makes you better than someone overall, like longevity has nothing to do with it, you have to sustain greatness"

You know, BS LIKE THAT starts getting said.

I'm like come on stop acting like a first grader and pay attention to what your reading,
We simply were arguing one year, o9. Not the whole sum of either guys career, o9 only

How did you disprove me. Youve just proved beans semen is on your lips. Wades 09 season was one for the ages. This is fact. He was better than bean in every statistical category except 3p% and ft%. Again fact. He dragged a team of nobodies to the playoffs and 7 games..while bean had gasol and odom and artest and phil

Last edited:
Guys will agree with you if say Wade was one of the best players in 2009 but when you say he was the best player is when it starts the debates

How did you disprove me. Youve just proved beans semen is on your lips. Wades 09 season was one for the ages. This is fact. He was better than bean in every statistical category except 3p% and ft%. Again fact. He dragged a team of nobodies to the playoffs and 7 games..while bean had gasol and odom and artest and phil

Whats up with the feels? :lol:

Why are you saying that to me?

I'm showing you that all stats arent created equal and they can be deceiving

Is David Robinson the 4th best player of all time? I mean the PER says he is

Thats argument you use for Wade, why cant it work for Robinson?

Last edited:
What would that make Kobe's 06 season then?

They got 45 wins on a team with kwame, smush Parker, Brian cook, jim Jackson, A past his prime aaron mcckie, luke Walton, a rookie Bynum, and odom as the only other respectable player. Almost knocked off the 2 seed suns. In a more competetive western conference.

Wade had a great 09 season. They won 43 games, had a pretty bad roster, not as bad as the 06 lakers though and went to 7 against a hawks team which was beatable. Still an impressive accomplishment.

You a fortune teller huh bro

Noone has seen nothin yet I don't see why yall stay jumping the gun, it must be high school youngins that post these statements for attention that's the only thing I can think of

You can't judge what you don't know or see

Why you getting so defensive for?

I think we all want Derrick Rose to come back 100% and healthy. However going off what we've seen the past 2 seasons that doesn't look to be the case for the time being.

Guys will agree with you if say Wade was one of the best players in 2009 but when you say he was the best player is when it starts the debates

And arguments can be made that he was the best in o9. And arguments can be made that he wasn't the best but ONE OF THE BEST in o9.
But when it's clear based on facts that either of those two statements could be true, and then people start saying, "you're cracked if you think Wade was anywhere near better than Kobe over the course of their careers"...I'm like man, that's not even the debate.

Last edited:
What would that make Kobe's 06 season then?

They got 45 wins on a team with kwame, smush Parker, Brian cook, jim Jackson, A past his prime aaron mcckie, luke Walton, a rookie Bynum, and odom as the only other respectable player. Almost knocked off the 2 seed suns. In a more competetive western conference.

Wade had a great 09 season. They won 43 games, had a pretty bad roster, not as bad as the 06 lakers though and went to 7 against a hawks team which was beatable. Still an impressive accomplishment.
Were not talkin about 06. But bean had a great year.. if not the most efficient. The #s kd and bron putting up the past few years make it look semi meh efficiency wise. Plus he lost 3-1 lead. But 06 wade put up legendary stats in the finals

Were not talkin about 06. But bean had a great year.. if not the most efficient. The #s kd and bron putting up the past few years make it look semi meh efficiency wise. Plus he lost 3-1 lead. But 06 wade put up legendary stats in the finals

Damn kwame brown for not grabbing that rebound in game 6.

The spurs pulled a kwame against the heat in game 6 last year too. Crappy way to lose c

Why you getting so defensive for?

I think we all want Derrick Rose to come back 100% and healthy. However going off what we've seen the past 2 seasons that doesn't look to be the case for the time being.

Exactly... For the time being..

So rest easy on the penny hardaway 2.0 garbage cause it's tiring

The disrespect dude receives is disgusting..same dudes disrespecting will be same dudes cheering for him down the line...every day in my city I hear he's Nothing, we shu'd trade but he's worth nothing..

Dudes forget the state of mind chi was on basketball wise be4 he was drafted,
Right after d was drafted he single handedly revived chicago basketball

I just don't get it..let dude recover if he doesn't come back and produce then let the flapping gums fly..
Til then just wait

Last edited:
I don't see it working. Shaq was motivated for one season 04-05 and that was strictly to spite the Lakers. He was serviceable in 06 but you could tell he was on the decline.

Kobe was a free agent that offseason so I doubt they would have much flexablity in terms of a potential trade. Plus you wouldn't get full value for the best player in the league at that time.

I still don't consider the pau trade lopsided when you consider what each team was trying to get out of it. Grizzlies wanted to improve long term. Lakers wanted to win now. Both got that out of the trade
thats why i said hindsight is 20/20. obviously its not lopsided now but who knew marc would turn out to be a DPOY, maybe the grizzlies did *shrugs* ?

thats why i said hindsight is 20/20. obviously its not lopsided now but who knew marc would turn out to be a DPOY, maybe the grizzlies did *shrugs* ?

True, but even if Marc Gasol never blossomed the way he did, the grizzlies got what they wanted out of that trade. Something that started and sped up the rebuilding process. I'm sure they had better short term trade offers but they probably wouldve kept them in no mans land.

Still :pimp: about the trade though. 09 and 10 were great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom