2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those at the gms, did the spurs play the undertaker music for gm5 during player intros? :lol:
abc didnt show any of the intros, not even gm1 :smh:

So now Spo is a horrible coach? Interesting...
u dont frequent the heat thread. me and few others have been calling for his job since last season. NOW everybody else is starting to see it. he didnt coach at all the entire finals. he was basically on the sidelines browsing NT and reading tweets. Made ZERO adjustments. ZERO. also made stupid personnel decisions.

Last edited:
Spolestra is not a horrible coach but he didn't adjust his defensive strategy to what the Spurs were doing

Yea because there is so much you could do with that roster and the Spurs perfect ball movement/execution.

Tell me exactly what he could have done to stop the bleeding?

laugh.gif
 @ firing a coach  that just had his squad in the NBA Finals 4 years in a row.

Some of you guys are ridiculous, live-in-the-moment type dudes.

While some blame should go to Spoelstra, there was nothing MIA could do against the Spurs.  They were clearly the much better squad.  Sometimes it happens like that.  

I'm fine with keeping spo he's a top coach in the league in my eyes. Just last year he made adjustments that beat pop this year Miami was just under staffed and didn't have enough talent coming off the bench. There's only so much he can do to make adjustments when people are to old and are getting blown by here and there.

Spolestra is not a horrible coach but he didn't adjust his defensive strategy to what the Spurs were doing

Yea because there is so much you could do with that roster and the Spurs perfect ball movement/execution.

Tell me exactly what he could have done to stop the bleeding?

Spolestra could have stopped blitzing the pick and roll and switching everything, he couldve used a zone every now and then

Man lebron better get his **** together. Aint nobody stopping the heat in the east for a while. I dont think dude wants to keep going to the finals only to lose.

Thunder, rockets, spurs.... Hell maybe even the warriors, clippers, and mavs would push that *** in.

If wade and bosh playing like trash lebron cant afford to be passive like that.

He has to stay offensively aggressive and look for his first like in the first quarter last night. Nobody stops lebron. He stops himself

Last edited:
Spolestra could have stopped blitzing the pick and roll and switching everything, he couldve used a zone every now and then

Yea wasn't like the Spurs had 2 guys shooting over 50% from 3 and 4 others shooting over 40% or anything, I'm sure that zone would have worked great.

****, you should be the coach and I'm sure you woulda outsmarted Pop.

laugh.gif
 @ firing a coach that just had his squad in the NBA Finals 4 years in a row.

Some of you guys are ridiculous, live-in-the-moment type dudes.

While some blame should go to Spoelstra, there was nothing MIA could do against the Spurs.  They were clearly the much better squad.  Sometimes it happens like that.  
its ok, i dont blame you for your stupid opinion because you're not a heat fan. however, no excuse for poor reading skills. i said we were calling for his job since LAST season. thats a very long moment i guess. to say there was nothing we could do against the spurs...when we got killed by 3 key people... means u dont understand basketball either. yes we made it 4 years in a row. but certainly not cuz of coaching. our squad consists of 3 of 5 starting players for the USA olympics/east allstars teams. Supported by the greatest 3 point shooter of all time, and until recently mike miller who was also a clutch 3pt shooter. without a coach at all... (which was basically the case) they wouldve made it to the finals.
I'm fine with keeping spo he's a top coach in the league in my eyes. Just last year he made adjustments that beat pop this year Miami was just under staffed and didn't have enough talent coming off the bench. There's only so much he can do to make adjustments when people are to old and are getting blown by here and there.
this year miami was understaffed? not enough talent? did we not play the same spurs team last year with less weapons (beasley, oden)??? and when people are too old and getting blown by..those with common sense, would put in younger faster players. but not spo. oh no no spoelstra. hed rather keep wade in, who was literally walking up and down the court...than switch him out for beasley who as soon as he touched the floor IGNITED and immediately put up points and rebounds and steals. come on man. spos an idiot.
Yea wasn't like the Spurs had 2 guys shooting over 50% from 3 and 4 others shooting over 40% or anything, I'm sure that zone would have worked great.

****, you should be the coach and I'm sure you woulda outsmarted Pop.
and they shot such a high % cuz MOST of the shots were wide open from bad switches or rotations! a zone means nobody needs to switch! some of you guys are REALLY stupid when it comes to basketball

Last edited:
i think spo is still a pretty good coach and horrible at pre game, in game, and post game speeches. he has done some innovative stuff in miami. he just ran into a superior team that was peaking at the best possible times. his team was fatigued from 4 years of intense basketball and scrutiny.

lebron took plenty of shots at his team in the post game presser, and it will be fascinating to see how the offseason unfolds. i predict he stays in miami and wade opts in for his contract next year.

finally i can watch the ray allen 3 from game 6 last year and not cringe.

no one in the west aside from SA is equipped to beat Miami in a series.
Cats in here getting hype like Miami is finished and fodder for the Western Conference just don't watch ball or are misinformed haters spewing whatever nonsense other misinformed posters are writing.
This loss isn't devastating to me.
Defensively, 4 consecutive trips to the Finals was apparent.
Lebron isn't going anywhere, the Heat will find creative ways to create some financial flexibility, and they'll be in the mix again.
Only problem with that: the Spurs will do the same.

:lol: This guy called Beasley and Oden weapons tho

Yeah, best fire a coach if he can't succeed with SuperCoolBeas AND Oden

The way them ****** played in the finals a BUNCH of teams in the west would smash the heat.

Quit kidding yourself

The only person on that team that look like he gave a damn was lebron and even he looked spent in the end

Acting like the spurs had the magic formula and **** :lol:

Last edited:
Again bro, who has played more since the Spurs forming the big 3 in 2002?

simple question....

and that doesn't even factor in the fact that Timmy has about 10000 minutes played over LeBron in their careers.

that doesn't even include olympics and international play.

No doubt spurs players have played more minutes. I never said the heat lost because of the minutes they played. It's more that Spolestra doesn't develop his bench players like Pop does. He relies on the big 3 too much.

laugh.gif
This guy called Beasley and Oden weapons tho

Yeah, best fire a coach if he can't succeed with SuperCoolBeas AND Oden
no. fire a coach if he cant make adjustments to put in a new cast if your starting cast is failing. forget winning the game...we couldnt win a half. he couldnt "succeed" with wade, bosh, lebron, allen, beasley, oden, birdman, james jones, battier, haslem or cole.  and u know whats crazy? out of all those names, beasley oden jones battier and cole barely touched the floor.

so yes. fire the stupid coach who depends on  like 6 out of 13 players...
I think Spo is trash, his "stay the course" "the game has ebs and flows" "stay focused" lines are getting old especially with his players.
nailed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom