2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mention the Dallas series. Thunder got smashed, period. If you call that series anything but a smash I will disagree.
Never compared them to o1 LAKERS or any other team.
Just said they are a dominant team, and dominated almost every team on the way to the Ring, don't call them "just good". Give it up

How exactly did you "Smash" a team if you lost by damn near 20 twice in a series and go into an OT to close it out?
POR got smashed
MIA got smashed

DAL went 7, OKC went 6 and had blowout victories and OT games, the spurs weren't a Dominate team the entire playoffs, they are a great team who dominated a favorable matchup. PERIOD.

OKC got smashed! End of story as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to argue this with you.
I'm still hurt I had to watch that smashing, last thing I want to do is make a point about how my a Thunder got smashed.
For arguments sake, I will say I was wrong, Thinder didn't get smashed, they played Spurs very close.
Now leave it alone. You win

All I know is the Spurs sent fun Bron packing so now I can go back to cleaning toilets and mopping floors in peace 
smokin.gif

:lol: at Wade declining that 20 mill. Son is gonna be the reason LeBron doesn't win another ring in Miami or goes back to Cleveland. Blame the Lakers for the money they gave Kobe

Last edited:
yeah 1-3 my bad... last statement still stands

honored the avy bet tho :pimp: respectable... unlike others round here
It'll be there till Oct-November unfortunately lol. I'm waiting to see if any of these dudes who aren't round are dumb enough to call me a bandwagon over the offseaon cause of the avy :lol:

Who cares that nobody was calling the Spurs "dominant" before the Playoffs. It doesn't mean that they weren't dominant.
I'm not saying they are the best team in 20yr or any of that mess.
I'm just saying you should stop calling them a "good" team like they weren't dominant.
You keep saying "before the series or before the playoffs people weren't saying they were etc etc"..:
Yet it's after the series and you personally are still saying that they aren't this or that. You're one of those people that before the series/playoffs wasn't giving it up to them even though the best Record in the NBA, but I was too, kept betting against them.
But; now that it's over, I'm giving it up, I'm not going to hate on them, that's stupid

I keep bringing up before the finals because you don't simply become a DOMINANT team a week away from the end of the season fam :lol:.

If they were as dominat as you say people would have been speaking on it, they would have been overwhelming favorites coming into the playoffs & Finals, If they were Dominant they would have dominated ALL of their competition. Nobody is discrediting them they're a great team, but great doesnt = Dominant.

They played hard and put together a good team, & due to matchups a lack of effort on the Heat part they Dominated THE HEAT. but once again you don't get into a 7 game series with the 8th seed and get ran off the court two games in a row, if your a dominant team. However if i remember correctly you were in this thread vouching for Lebron heavy a few days ago, so i see why sudden;y it fits to call the Spurs a Dominant team, you be cool how you be cool fam.

Why are dudes torching Wade for opting in for $40M after 3 chips and bringing King to town yet Amare has stolen nine figures from the Knicks to dress like a fruit on the sidelines for 5 years? Wade deserves his M's, period. Unless the owners are giving him an ownership stake, giving up $20M or whatever y'all are suggesting to chase another ring is foolish. Wade has nothing to prove.

Last edited:
In all Honesty asking him to opt out is asking him to literally give up about 10-12 Million this year. After the Finals performance he just had and the way he looked Physically not to many teams are gonna be offering up 10 mil a year for his services.

As a young squad you KNOW he can't carry you for a whole season & as a team close to a Ring do you really wanna pay Wade that much not knowing if you can rely on his Knees holding up.

Who cares that nobody was calling the Spurs "dominant" before the Playoffs. It doesn't mean that they weren't dominant.
I'm not saying they are the best team in 20yr or any of that mess.
I'm just saying you should stop calling them a "good" team like they weren't dominant.
You keep saying "before the series or before the playoffs people weren't saying they were etc etc"..:
Yet it's after the series and you personally are still saying that they aren't this or that. You're one of those people that before the series/playoffs wasn't giving it up to them even though the best Record in the NBA, but I was too, kept betting against them.
But; now that it's over, I'm giving it up, I'm not going to hate on them, that's stupid

I keep bringing up before the finals because you don't simply become a DOMINANT team a week away from the end of the season fam :lol:.

If they were as dominat as you say people would have been speaking on it, they would have been overwhelming favorites coming into the playoffs & Finals, If they were Dominant they would have dominated ALL of their competition. Nobody is discrediting them they're a great team, but great doesnt = Dominant.

They played hard and put together a good team, & due to matchups a lack of effort on the Heat part they Dominated THE HEAT. but once again you don't get into a 7 game series with the 8th seed and get ran off the court two games in a row, if your a dominant team. However if i remember correctly you were in this thread vouching for Lebron heavy a few days ago, so i see why sudden;y it fits to call the Spurs a Dominant team, you be cool how you be cool fam.

Ok, good. I was wrong. I give you props. You win. You were right.

Ok man. Cool

Why are dudes torching Wade for opting in for $40M after 3 chips and bringing King to town yet Amare has stolen nine figures from the Knicks to dress like a fruit on the sidelines for 5 years? Wade deserves his Ms, period. Unless the owners are giving him an ownership stake, giving up $20M or whatever y'all are suggesting to chase another ring is foolish.

View media item 1029087That contract and Kobe's was garbage

Ah, finally got caught up on the thread, have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. Not enough slander.

Anyway complete and utter domination and destruction of the Heatles by San Antonio, could have easily been a sweep; but a good ol gentleman's sweep sufficed quite well.

It was all good just two weeks ago, Bosh had 3 straight 20 point games vs IND and Wade was avg 20 ppg. Miami will sweep! Win in 5 easily! In all of 10 days, they suck, need to retire, time to go, etc. Just a funny narrative.

Bottom line, LBJ doesn't get those two titles without them and all the other role players showing up and showing out in 2012 and 2013; similarly if LBJ would have shown up in 2011 and not left Wade and Bosh out to dry, they could have already 3 peated, but y'all have it. Way I see it it's even, his supporting cast didn't play well in 2014 and he didn't play well in 2011 and they lost both. He's not this mythical world beater that just can make "the face" and overcome a great team by himself. He's not MJ, never will be MJ who was that guy. Too many times this series he disappeared and was bizzaro Bron. He put up a lot of empty stats that had little to no impact on the game and often weren't when his team needed them most sans the 3rd qtr of Game 2.

Going forward for Miami:

1. You're all dreaming if you think Wade's going away in any form or fashion. He's the major reason that the triumvirate formed in the first place and he is the Miami Heat, he's ingrained in that organization, community, and is teflon there despite his struggles in this series. It's also wishful thinking to think he'll take a paycut, especially if he knows his body is going to continue to deteriorate, why would you give up 20 mil? You've got 3 rings, one won by yourself basically (refs), you've acquiesced to LBJ coming there and helping him get over whatever mental hurdle it was that happened in 2011. He's apparently safe as the 3rd best SG ever so he really has nothing else to prove.

2. Bosh, I think the whole thing hinges on whether he decides to opt-in, opt out and leave or opt in and take a paycut. He gets so much undeserved flak for his play, yet anybody with a brain and that watches the game can see the transformation from initially in 2010 to 2014. They've catered the offense in totality to LBJ and regulated him to nothing more than a spot up shooter, which is unfortunate because he can do so much more, see him dropping 40 earlier this year when LBJ was out vs POR. I personally hope he goes to HOU somehow and flourish, he'd be exactly what they would need from an offensive and defensive standpoint next to Dwight.

3. Obviously everything hinges on what Bron decides to do, he has what looks to be an easy decision to make, but at the deeper levels it's not so simple. Without some serious financial sacrifices by the other two guys, they aren't going to be able to overhaul the roster enough to bring in impact talent. Outside of Melo this free agent class doesn't have those type of players unless they do the unthinkable and bring in Lance any of the other guys (Bledsoe, Lowry etc.) will just cost too much. Also everyone says the East will continue to be a cakewalk, but if Carmelo goes to Chicago, Miami isn't beating them with the same squad next year in my opinion and a further regression will occur. It's unreasonable to think that they can go to 5 straight finals with this group they have. Just for the hilarity, I want Bron to leave, don't even care if it's LA, go back to CLE if he chooses, just leave Miami because he's going to continue to have to shoulder a load that he brought on himself, but I guess couldn't forsee ending up like this.

I was listening to Colin Cowherd last week who brought up a good point, them winning that title last year in the fashion they did may have hurt them long term. It masked the problems that were surfacing even last year (Wade's inconsistency, Bosh's diminished role, old age, lack of defense, Bron's elevated responsibilities). Them losing last year would have forced more drastic moves to improve the team while not having to deal with Bron being a free agent and even having the option to walk away. They're the oldest team in the league with maybe a 7 man rotation that contributes anything. Now they got mollywhopped at the worst possible time and I think this summer will be fascinating as the league as a whole may be in upheaval ala 2010 off two guys decisions this time instead of 3.

Quality post

You're right about Bosh

I was telling people last year, that the Heat were a team were a team on the decline and I was basically laughed at by Heat fans

Bosh is not washed. Trust. Bosh would STILL get a 5 year max deal this summer. Mavs are favs in the west if they could aquire Bosh. I see Bosh dipping to do his own thing. All triads leave an odd man out and it's been clear as day they treat him like the solo loner. Go get money and prove you still got it. He's from Texas, so you know Houston and Dallas will make strong sells. Winning one without Bron and Wade would be :smokin

Last edited:
Kawhi 9 points in game 1 and 9 points in game 2…

He had a great 3 games after that but so did patty and manu..

Lebron should get mvp of the finals just like Jerry west did..

MVP stands for most VALUABLE player…

Spurs won game 1 with kawhi doing nothing and lost game 2 by 2 with kawhi doing nothing..

I think they could have won this series without him as well cuz that team is deep and everybody is stepping up and playing a role… Take Lebron off and let me know what happens…

This post sounds like im trolling and people that hate lebron will shoot it down but look at brons stats this series compared to anybody on either team.

How did I miss this gem. :smh:

Bosh is not leaving lol. He loves Miami and has already said multiple times he's done wanting to be the main guy on a team. You think his gold digger wife is gonna let him move away from Miami anyways?

Amare stole $9million? His knee issues were no secret, bro. The Knicks willing gave him that money knowing the possibilities.

Yes, Amare has stolen $90M to be a worthless bum. Why hasn't he restructured his deal for underperforming like you guys think D Wade should do? 3 time champion D Wade that brought Bron to South Beach. Y'all are hypocrites.

Kawhi 9 points in game 1 and 9 points in game 2…

He had a great 3 games after that but so did patty and manu..

Lebron should get mvp of the finals just like Jerry west did..

MVP stands for most VALUABLE player…

Spurs won game 1 with kawhi doing nothing and lost game 2 by 2 with kawhi doing nothing..

I think they could have won this series without him as well cuz that team is deep and everybody is stepping up and playing a role… Take Lebron off and let me know what happens…

This post sounds like im trolling and people that hate lebron will shoot it down but look at brons stats this series compared to anybody on either team.

How did I miss this gem. :smh:

That guy is utterly ridiculous

Bosh is not leaving lol. He loves Miami and has already said multiple times he's done wanting to be the main guy on a team. You think his gold digger wife is gonna let him move away from Miami anyways?

Dirk and now more so Ellis are the main guys. But yeah, never underestimate the influence a gold digger has in where these players sign. The people who think Melo is going to Chicago or Houston need to take note of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom