2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Beas scored 24 against Houston one night this season. After that, his minutes gradually decreased until he was collecting dust.

Last edited:
Spolestra could have stopped blitzing the pick and roll and switching everything, he couldve used a zone every now and then

Yea wasn't like the Spurs had 2 guys shooting over 50% from 3 and 4 others shooting over 40% or anything, I'm sure that zone would have worked great.

****, you should be the coach and I'm sure you woulda outsmarted Pop.

:lol: Its common sense

Who else in the NBA constantly double teams the pick and roll like the Heat do?

That strategy works well against the Pacers because they dont have a great ballhandler and you may get some turnovers from that

The scheme works on alot NBA teams but it cant work against a team like the Spurs who have great ball movement and shooting

Spolestra couldve kinda saw that after his team got beat by like 20 points in multiple games

He was basically like a Football coach who keeps sending 6 and 7 man pressures when he's playing a quarterback like Peyton Manning who is exposing your scheme but you refuse to adjust you like playing "aggressive defense"

I doubt the Mavs repeat as champs if they kept that core together. I think that team used everything in their tank to win that series. Besides Dirk, I can't think of any of the Mavs maintaining the level of production they had that season/post-season.

Kidd, Chandler, and Terry became all but ghosts after that finals.

#FACT

They were more of a Cinderella story! That Thunder team shouldn't have lost to them :smh:

Now that we're all back to our normal lives, I wonder if James is still willing to give up money to play with Wade's cadaver and Bosh. Somethings gotta give here, and I highly doubt these guys will pass up on their last chance to cash out on a max deal.

As far as the East goes, I highly doubt the Heat will remain dominant. There's a lot of teams with potential that are 1-2 players away from taking it (Washington, Toronto, Chicago).

Last edited:
I remember when Beas scored 24 against Houston one night this season. After that, his minutes gradually decreased until he was collecting dust.
rust you mean. and he STILL ignited when he touched the floor. yet... spoelstra gave him 12 minutes all postseason. 12...

So is this the end for Greg Oden, or does another team like what they saw from him and take a flier on him?

:lol:  @ firing a coach that just had his squad in the NBA Finals 4 years in a row.

Some of you guys are ridiculous, live-in-the-moment type dudes.

While some blame should go to Spoelstra, there was nothing MIA could do against the Spurs.  They were clearly the much better squad.  Sometimes it happens like that.  

its ok, i dont blame you for your stupid opinion because you're not a heat fan. however, no excuse for poor reading skills. i said we were calling for his job since LAST season. thats a very long moment i guess. to say there was nothing we could do against the spurs...when we got killed by 3 key people... means u dont understand basketball either. yes we made it 4 years in a row. but certainly not cuz of coaching. our squad consists of 3 of 5 starting players for the USA olympics/east allstars teams. Supported by the greatest 3 point shooter of all time, and until recently mike miller who was also a clutch 3pt shooter. without a coach at all... (which was basically the case) they wouldve made it to the finals.

You sound like even more of an idiot if you were calling for his job after winning back-to-back titles. Clearly YOU know nothing about basketball.

And yes, there were adjustments that could've and should've been made by Spo. Yes, he got out coached. But was dude on the floor stinking it up like Chalmers, Wade, Bosh and everyone else not named LeBron? Nope. The coach can only do so much--at some point it comes down to players making plays. The Heat just didn't do enough of that. And some blame falls on the coach for that, but also the Heat players and the Spurs.

If you're calling for Spo's job, you damn well better be doing the same for all the bummy-*** players that did essentially nothing on the court. Hell, maybe you could coach them next year since you know so much about basketball.

no. fire a coach if he cant make adjustments to put in a new cast if your starting cast is failing. forget winning the game...we couldnt win a half. he couldnt "succeed" with wade, bosh, lebron, allen, beasley, oden, birdman, james jones, battier, haslem or cole.  and u know whats crazy? out of all those names, beasley oden jones battier and cole barely touched the floor.

so yes. fire the stupid coach who depends on  like 6 out of 13 players...

All of his adjustments worked beautifully before he faced the Spurs. He played bigger against Indiana and Charlotte, small against Brooklyn. He worked all year to make sure the Heat could play big or small effectively on offense/defense. He even made their trapping defense more conservative to battle teams like Indy/SA.

At the end of the day, you could fault him for some of his Spur decisions but San Antonio was the better, sharper team. The minor things don't mean much when Wade is playing Harden-like defense. When you're depending on Lewis to come up big. When Duncan and Diaw can bully anyone inside. When no PG on the roster is playing well. 4 straight finals is going to fatigue a team. That showed. Miami played great all year - don't diminish that because they went up against a Spur team playing at an all-time high level.

Battier retired???

tumblr_inline_n289iiGxUc1rve9af.gif

Did Jason Terry retire yet?

Can't wait for Paula Pierce, Kevin Garnot and Ray Allen to be out the league :smokin

Now that we're all back to our normal lives, I wonder if James is still willing to give up money to play with Wade's cadaver and Bosh. Somethings gotta give here, and I highly doubt these guys will pass up on their last chance to cash out on a max deal.

As far as the East goes, I highly doubt the Heat will remain dominant. There's a lot of teams with potential that are 1-2 players away from taking it (Washington, Toronto, Chicago).

hahah bro, did you see bron face every time D-saster opened his mouth in the presser last night? skip being teammates, that friendship is over b. Bron looked like he wanted to snuff that ***** when he said he wasn't hurt and felt fine.

So is this the end for Greg Oden, or does another team like what they saw from him and take a flier on him?

Some team definitely takes a flier on him. He proved he can stay healthy for a decent period of time. Obviously he barely played and was mostly practicing but he's out there. Even if he didn't look great when he was on the floor, this is probably the first off-season in years that he can actually work on his game + get in better shape vs. rehab. I think he goes to a team that can promise him some more PT. New Orleans wanted him last year, don't be surprised if they come knocking again.

And yes, there were adjustments that could've and should've been made by Spo. Yes, he got out coached. But was dude on the floor stinking it up like Chalmers, Wade, Bosh and everyone else not named LeBron? Nope. The coach can only do so much--at some point it comes down to players making plays. The Heat just didn't do enough of that. And some blame falls on the coach for that, but also the Heat players and the Spurs.

so yes he got outcoached and adjustments that people can see from their couches or while drunk at a bar could see...got missed... but hes doing well? Bosh stunk it up? Bosh was trying hard to ignite the team last night. It just didnt happen. BUT AT LEAST HE TRIED. wade didnt even try. Chalmers shouldve been benched past game 2.

"At some point it comes down to players making plays, the heat just didnt do enough of that." AND WHOS JOB IS IT TO MAKE THE PLAYS FOR THEM TO RUN!? whos job is it to call a timeout when the spurs get momentum (lets not even talk about how spoelstra doesnt like to call timeouts on BIG runs until another 20 points got put on the board in 2 minutes) and run a play!? SPOELSTRAS. The heat dont run plays because theyre not coached to. And when dudes were stinking it up like wade and chalmers and lewis...SPOELSTRA shoulda took them out. this is not a hard concept to get.
All of his adjustments worked beautifully before he faced the Spurs. He played bigger against Indiana and Charlotte, small against Brooklyn. He worked all year to make sure the Heat could play big or small effectively on offense/defense. He even made their trapping defense more conservative to battle teams like Indy/SA.

At the end of the day, you could fault him for some of his Spur decisions but San Antonio was the better, sharper team. The minor things don't mean much when Wade is playing Harden-like defense. When you're depending on Lewis to come up big. When Duncan and Diaw can bully anyone inside. When no PG on the roster is playing well. 4 straight finals is going to fatigue a team. That showed. Miami played great all year - don't diminish that because they went up against a Spur team playing at an all-time high level.
hold on. u call what lineup he uses in an entire SERIES an adjustment? ... no. adjustment. when wade is walking up and down the court looking discouraged and tired, take him out. thats an adjustment. rashard cant buy a 3pt shot? take him out. the spurs literally are hitting 4 3pt shots in a row... switch to a 3-2 zone defense and lock up the 3. adjustment. tony parker is TORCHING chalmers? take him out, put the faster norris cole on him. adjustment. birdman getting ran over down low? put in the bigger well rested oden. ADJUSTMENT.
Battier retired???

Did Jason Terry retire yet?

Can't wait for Paula Pierce, Kevin Garnot and Ray Allen to be out the league
smokin.gif
what? Jason terry is NASTY! Paul Pierce is NASTY! Kevin is NASTY! Ray Allen is...good. Needs more practice. Why do you want them out of the league?
Man you switch coaches and Miami wins the series. SA having Spo would not even make the finals.
nailed it.

Last edited:
So now Spo is a horrible coach? Interesting...

u dont frequent the heat thread. me and few others have been calling for his job since last season. NOW everybody else is starting to see it. he didnt coach at all the entire finals. he was basically on the sidelines browsing NT and reading tweets. Made ZERO adjustments. ZERO. also made stupid personnel decisions.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Man you switch coaches and Miami wins the series. SA having Spo would not even make the finals.

of course, but you ripple that pond, everything changes. Say they did switch coaches at the beginning of the season, do spurs even make the playoffs? Do the heat participate in nickname night? Pop would legit make Wade come off the bench no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom