2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Lmao!

Now that we're all back to our normal lives, I wonder if James is still willing to give up money to play with Wade's cadaver and Bosh. Somethings gotta give here, and I highly doubt these guys will pass up on their last chance to cash out on a max deal.

As far as the East goes, I highly doubt the Heat will remain dominant. There's a lot of teams with potential that are 1-2 players away from taking it (Washington, Toronto, Chicago).

Neither can James Jones, but he still got minutes.

james jones is a specialty player he can shoot the 3
Battier retired???

tumblr_inline_n289iiGxUc1rve9af.gif

Did Jason Terry retire yet?

Can't wait for Paula Pierce, Kevin Garnot and Ray Allen to be out the league :smokin

I'm surprised Battier wasn't an analyst during the finals. Dude's been done since march

of course, but you ripple that pond, everything changes. Say they did switch coaches at the beginning of the season, do spurs even make the playoffs? Do the heat participate in nickname night? Pop would legit make Wade come off the bench no questions asked.
and thats why Pop is the better coach. Spo likes to be stubborn and "stay the course."  Pop will sit you down for the teams sake. And thats why his players that GOT sat down did so without hesitation. they understand its all about the team winning. spo just dont have it in him

All of his adjustments worked beautifully before he faced the Spurs. He played bigger against Indiana and Charlotte, small against Brooklyn. He worked all year to make sure the Heat could play big or small effectively on offense/defense. He even made their trapping defense more conservative to battle teams like Indy/SA.

At the end of the day, you could fault him for some of his Spur decisions but San Antonio was the better, sharper team. The minor things don't mean much when Wade is playing Harden-like defense. When you're depending on Lewis to come up big. When Duncan and Diaw can bully anyone inside. When no PG on the roster is playing well. 4 straight finals is going to fatigue a team. That showed. Miami played great all year - don't diminish that because they went up against a Spur team playing at an all-time high level.

He didn't adjust against the spurs until it was too late.

and thats why Pop is the better coach. Spo likes to be stubborn and "stay the course."  Pop will sit you down for the teams sake. And thats why his players that GOT sat down did so without hesitation. they understand its all about the team winning. spo just dont have it in him

Stubborn Filipino side showing :lol:

I could have sworn dudes were saying Pop got outcoached by Spo in last year's Finals, now after they get waxed cause his players played garbage in the Finals and didn't have the same defensive intensity all season as some including myself have pointed out he's the scapegoat? Nah, personnel wise and effort wise this was just not a championship team this year.

Again winning last year made people overlook a lot of their deficiencies when they shouldn't have won that series in the first place.

rust you mean. and he STILL ignited when he touched the floor. yet... spoelstra gave him 12 minutes all postseason. 12...
That's not beaslys problem my man. He can score yes but in all seriousness if beasly was to get major mins in a serious against the spurs pop would have exposed him even more then we already were. He got a chance in the series against the pacers when Bron was in foul trouble did absolutely nothing but foul and get caught out of position. Maybe if he resigns and gets another year in the system he can be better next year.

I could have sworn dudes were saying Pop got outcoached by Spo in last year's Finals, now after they get waxed cause his players played garbage in the Finals and didn't have the same defensive intensity all season as some including myself have pointed out he's the scapegoat? Nah, personnel wise and effort wise this was just not a championship team this year.

Again winning last year made people overlook a lot of their deficiencies when they shouldn't have won that series in the first place.
whoever said spo outcoached pop...when we won by the grace of a ray allen last second clutch shot is stupid. and ur last sentence nailed it. because the won last year, people glossed over the mistakes made from both the coach and players. now we got our skirts pulled. we needed an average of 6 clutch ray allen 3s every game just to catch up.
That's not beaslys problem my man. He can score yes but in all seriousness if beasly was to get major mins in a serious against the spurs pop would have exposed him even more then we already were. He got a chance in the series against the pacers when Bron was in foul trouble did absolutely nothing but foul and get caught out of position. Maybe if he resigns and gets another year in the system he can be better next year.
he played for 6 minutes in the pacers series. 6. he hadnt played in about a month prior. nobody will ever see what beasley can do because spo refuses to give him minutes. and its to be expected that hed be caught slippin a few times since hes rarely on the court he has to get back into the swing of things. spo relies on him touching the floor once every month and to jump in like nothings changed.

Last edited:

I mean, maybe subbing duncan out and missing that rebound was wrong, but in reality, heat only won last year because of a couple missed Kawhi freethrows and a missed tim duncan, and that miracle 3. So many things had to go wrong for the spurs and right for the heat. spurs were up with 28 seconds left by 5 with a 3-2 lead. Spo was outcoached last year too, but the stars aligned at the right time. Spurs lost more so than the heat won. So far the heat have really only outplayed the thunder in the finals. That was the only clear victory to really brag about, and even they were kids.

LEBRON is not taking less than the max. no chance. windhorst pointed out in his column the heat made several moves to save money on luxury tax this season. makes no sense in lebron to save the franchise more money. i dont think d wade does either.

i like chris bosh i hope he goes to another contender.

The Heat need to re-tool to beat the West. They added pieces to get past Indiana but Indiana fell apart by themselves.

Legit chance Miami could miss the playoffs next season. Everything hinges on wade and his option

Last edited:
Battier retired???

tumblr_inline_n289iiGxUc1rve9af.gif

Did Jason Terry retire yet?

Can't wait for Paula Pierce, Kevin Garnot and Ray Allen to be out the league
smokin.gif
i've always liked paul pierce (one of my all time faves) even though he's been a straight knicks killa, but the other two i couldn't care less about, especially garnett. never like him. at all

I mean, maybe subbing duncan out and missing that rebound was wrong, but in reality, heat only won last year because of a couple missed Kawhi freethrows and a missed tim duncan, and that miracle 3. So many things had to go wrong for the spurs and right for the heat. spurs were up with 28 seconds left by 5 with a 3-2 lead. Spo was outcoached last year too, but the stars aligned at the right time. Spurs lost more so than the heat won. So far the heat have really only outplayed the thunder in the finals. That was the only clear victory to really brag about, and even they were kids.

I hear what you're saying about game 6, and I agree... But their other 3 wins were CLEARLY wins, including the closeout so you have to give them their respect in that right. Everything that went wrong, went wrong in game 6 not 7... SAS still had an opportunity to win it after all of that and Miami was the better team that game, like they were in 3 others, just like SAS was clearly the better team in all 5 of these games.

What's funny? Few people see any of the big 3 leaving with any scenario.
who knows, he probably one of those people who thinks lebron bout to head to cleveland lol. wade is gonna be in miami forever. hes well engrained into the city, and under pat riley's wing. bosh says he likes it here and the people of miami love him. he also stated he doesnt want to be the go-to guy anymore further supporting him not going to a team to be their savior. lebron aint leaving cuz ...hes not. ur talking about 3 dudes who are tight friends. 2 of which get buku bucks from endorsement deals. someone will take the paycut, just like they did last time to bring all 3 of them together.

What's funny? Few people see any of the big 3 leaving with any scenario.

who knows, he probably one of those people who thinks lebron bout to head to cleveland lol. wade is gonna be in miami forever. hes well engrained into the city, and under pat riley's wing. bosh says he likes it here and the people of miami love him. he also stated he doesnt want to be the go-to guy anymore further supporting him not going to a team to be their savior. lebron aint leaving cuz ...hes not. ur talking about 3 dudes who are tight friends. 2 of which get buku bucks from endorsement deals. someone will take the paycut, just like they did last time to bring all 3 of them together.

Lebron left the hometown he grew up in no problem where he was beloved and you don't think he'd leave because he's buddy buddy with Wade and Bosh?

Legit chance Miami could miss the playoffs next season. Everything hinges on wade and his option
They're not going from 4 straight Finals to #9 or worst.

Bron's not leaving.

They're making the playoffs.

No Finals, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom