2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best player in the league has like zero post moves but the skill is better? :rofl:

That's like me saying the best player back then shot 33% from 3 over his career, but the skill is better?

Dudes can pass @ every position on the floor.

Anyone who says the NBA was better back then is just stuck in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Jordan the benchmark for LEBRON huh...when he pass kobe ?
laugh.gif
I musta missed that
Its assumed that he will. When does LeBron even get compared to Kobe nowadays. Its been about Jordan since Chip #1. We all know this man, lets not act like this isnt the mindset of the public.

Is there any possible way he could be perceived as better than Jordan at this point? Jordan's number look amazing right now. Imagine if he had never retired in the first place. The Jordan comparison is done and I think this generation is so bent on having its own Jordan that we've heaved these expectations that shouldn't have been there on him.

Side question: So has Lebron officially passed Kobe? Did we all just forget that Kobe was the guy not too long ago? We're all prisoners of the moment. We can't have a cohesive, just conversation on Lebron until Lebron retires.

Meh, Lebron is 29. Today's player is playing longer and longer into their careers. Who knows what Bron is going to do in his 30's. Will he pass Jordan? Who knows, probably not but his story is still being written.

And he's for sure surpassed Kobe in my eyes. He's a better player than Kobe ever was (And that's saying something because Kobe was great) and does almost everything better on the floor than Kobe. The only thing Kobe has on Lebron is rings, and 1) Lebron could add to that as his career goes on and 2) I personally don't put toooo much value in rings. I mean they for sure mean something, but there's just so much that has to go right for someone to win one that I hesitate to make them the end of be all of an argument.

Its assumed that he will. When does LeBron even get compared to Kobe nowadays. Its been about Jordan since Chip #1. We all know this man, lets not act like this isnt the mindset of the public.
That's because dudes are full ******. He's not better than Kobe and may or may not ever be. The hatred for Bryant is extreme.
That's like me saying the best player back then shot 33% from 3 over his career, but the skill is better?

Dudes can pass @ every position on the floor.

Anyone who says the NBA was better back then is just stuck in the past.
The game was just different in the 90s that's the difference. The league moved toward a more eurocentric style of play. That does not mean it's more skilled it just means its a different game. Dudes could pass at every position in the 90s also. Sabonis was a great passing big so was Divac. Chandler is a trash passing big so is Deandre Jordan.

Man you used Deandre Jordan and Tyson Chandler to prove that bigs can't pass in the NBA as well they did in the 90's though :lol:

Meh, Lebron is 29. Today's player is playing longer and longer into their careers. Who knows what Bron is going to do in his 30's. Will he pass Jordan? Who knows, probably not but his story is still being written.

And he's for sure surpassed Kobe in my eyes. He's a better player than Kobe ever was (And that's saying something because Kobe was great) and does almost everything better on the floor than Kobe. The only thing Kobe has on Lebron is rings, and 1) Lebron could add to that as his career goes on and 2) I personally don't put toooo much value in rings. I mean they for sure mean something, but there's just so much that has to go right for someone to win one that I hesitate to make them the end of be all of an argument.

This is fair. One thing I'll say about Kobe is people take him for granted. It's amazing that he's held up this long. Look at Wade now, and up until last year Kobe was just a machine. I wonder if Lebron can have that type of durability just because his game is brute and physical although he's gotten light years better in the skills department over the last few years.

Bron ain't better than Kobe. Bron is bigger than Kobe, an athletic freak of nature. But he doesn't have near Kobe's skillset.

Also: 81.

This is fair. One thing I'll say about Kobe is people take him for granted. It's amazing that he's held up this long. Look at Wade now, and up until last year Kobe was just a machine. I wonder if Lebron can have that type of durability just because his game is brute and physical although he's gotten light years better in the skills department over the last few years.

I don't think people take Kobe's game for granted...at least not on NT :lol: Kobe has his fair share of fans and people know he's an all time great. That goes without saying. I'm a Kobe fan. But rings aside, I just can't see how anyone who's serious about hoops or watching hoops would say Kobe is better than Lebron. Lebron literally almost does everything better than Kobe except shooting, and even then that's a moot point because although Kobe shoots better,Lebron is much better at getting higher quality shots for himself and others. And that's pretty much fact.

Jordan is a different kind of beast though.

Man you used Deandre Jordan and Tyson Chandler to prove that bigs can't pass in the NBA as well they did in the 90's though
laugh.gif
I merely cited a few examples to show the stupidity of buddies statements. He acts like bigs couldn't pass in the 90s while they can currently. How do you explain players like Divac and Sabonis then vs players like Jordan and Chandler? Lets try to be less stupid.

Lebron has kobe beat in just about every meaningful statistical category when comparing both of them at age 29. Lebron also has more MVPs. It's over man

If the league was rigged lakers, knicks would be in every finals.

The spurs would have never made it.

Its sickening how none of you acknowledge how the spurs get the benefit of many calls just as much as any other team.

Its all pops coaching and duncan and parkers skill lol

Ultimate world beater

Get the **** out of here with that **** :lol:

It's not about stats. It's about skillset, the effortlessness of their game. Kobe is like Roger Federer. These dudes have a beautiful game. Bron has a motor and some skills, but most of his accomplishments are attributed to him winning the gene lottery.

Lebron has kobe beat in just about every meaningful statistical category when comparing both of them at age 29. Lebron also has more MVPs. It's over man

Then why this ***** cant score atleast 40 and make this a **** series???

Got damn who cares about stats this guy is gonna let his team get smashed by old *** spurs

Do something!!! Stop passing! Get to the hoop and score!!!

It's not about stats. It's about skillset, the effortlessness of their game. Kobe is like Roger Federer. These dudes have a beautiful game. Bron has a motor and some skills, but most of his accomplishments are attributed to him winning the gene lottery.

Dude you can't penalize Lebron because he's a freak of nature :lol: :lol: It doesn't work like that.

Why not penalize shaq and wilt for being bigger and stronger than everyone while you're at it :lol:

Why not penalize KD for being taller and longer than his opposition while we're at it too :lol:

Last edited:
Kobe was stripped of a few mvps because of the rape case and NBA wanting to keep a clean image

What does kobe do better than lebron besides shoot? Don't come with the gene lottery BS. Almost every nba player won the gene lottery in some way.

Kobe was stripped of a few mvps because of the rape case and NBA wanting to keep a clean image

What year was Kobe supposed to win the MVP and it ended up going to someone else?

I'm not gonna pinpoint an exact year but there is no denying that hurt his image. NBA is not gonna award him that and have to justify themselves to the media, investors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom