2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So LeBron has never won a NBA title?
People do care about those Bills teams.
Several hall of fame players from those teams, and I think Marv Levy is in the hall as well.
As a Cowboys fan I have a great deal of respect for those Bills teams.
Common sense would say LeBron won rings guy he has 2. Didn't I list the amount of rings Bron won in one of my earlier statements? People could give a rats *** about the Bills. What random average joe do you hear talking about the Bills? They lost they're an after thought just like everyone else who came in 2nd. You having great respect for someone does not change public opinion. Bron will be judged by the amount of rings he has and the amount of finals defeats he has. No player is exempt.

You gotta be bro, to some degree imo to be the best...
Lebron came up during the Iverson/And1 generation.
It was all about superior ball handling and great passing.
He seems to have adopted that style of basketball, because he takes great pride in his passing skills.

If Heat win tonight, they have game 6 at home, and anything can happen in game 7. Spurs better not play around because this series can switch momentum real quick.

Common sense would say LeBron won rings guy he has 2. Didn't I list the amount of rings Bron won in one of my earlier statements? People could give a rats *** about the Bills. What random average joe do you hear talking about the Bills? They lost they're an after thought just like everyone else who came in 2nd. You having great respect for someone does not change public opinion. Bron will be judged by the amount of rings he has and the amount of finals defeats he has. No player is exempt.
But you used a team with no titles as an analogy.
Besides, Lebron was a household name before he played his first NBA game.
Dudes legacy is already written.
Multiple titles is just icing on the cake.

But you used a team with no titles as an analogy.
Besides, Lebron was a household name before he played his first NBA game.
Dudes legacy is already written.
Multiple titles is just icing on the cake.
My whole point was that losers are not as revered as winners. Kobe will never be better than MJ because MJ won more and loss less so on and so on. Bron is an all time great no doubt about. I would never argue that he isn't. What will be argued is his place amongst the greats. Losing will not help his case in the end just like everyone else that came before him and will come after him.

Take get it Spurs.

This is gonna have Bron losing in 3 NBA finals.

Jordan never lost in one. And he played against more elite teams.

No Jordan didn't man. Maybe in the finals a few times, but overall he didn't. The league is better now than it was then.

Last edited:
Instead of comparing Lebron to Jordan nonstop shouldn't we compare him to someone like Magic or Bird? I'm not a Lebron hater but isn't the Jordan comparison done? He's already lost 2 finals and possibly on his way to losing another and he choked big time in one of those. The reason there are so many Lebron haters is because of the ridiculous Jordan hype around him. Jordan is in a class alone. Lebron should be in the next tier with Jerry West, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Wilt and others.

Btw: Lebron was not no damn household name before he played his first game. Who outside of NBA fans and casual nba fans knew Lebron?

Last edited:
Dude is Fathers Day. Kawhi lost his father in 2008. Spurs by 4. Kawhi for Finals MVP :smokin

Damn :frown: Now I really don't want the spurs to win. Kawhi winning the finals MVP and ring on father's day man...the feels would be too much for me.

Last edited:
Instead of comparing Lebron to Jordan nonstop shouldn't we compare him to someone like Magic or Bird? I'm not a Lebron hater but isn't the Jordan comparison done? He's already lost 2 finals and possibly on his way to losing another and he choked big time in one of those. The reason there are so many Lebron haters is because of the ridiculous Jordan hype around him. Jordan is in a class alone. Lebron should be in the next tier with Jerry West, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Wilt and others.

Btw: Lebron was not no damn household name before he played his first game. Who outside of NBA fans and casual nba fans knew Lebron?
But its already popular opinion that he is or will end up being better than those guys. Jordan is the benchmark for Bron at this point, where he reaches or falls short of it.

No Jordan didn't man. Maybe in the finals a few times, but overall he didn't. The league is better now than it was then.

How is the league better now?

Must be a joke.

We have 7 footers that can put the ball on the floor.

Defensive schemes are much more complex.

People can actually shoot in today's NBA.

I don't feel like sitting here and going on and on, hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the league better now?

The players are more athletic but it's a soft league.

More than just being more athletic, from a skill perspective they are better as well. Defensive schemes have gotten much better combined with things like the advent of the Zone defense which makes it harder for the offensive player to score. Better defense promotes better offensive players to combat that. The league isn't all that "soft" either. People are just infatuated with OD physical play which was glamorized back then.

The only people bringing up the lebron/jordan comparison are the haters.

But its already popular opinion that he is or will end up being better than those guys. Jordan is the benchmark for Bron at this point, where he reaches or falls short of it.

Agreed...even though I feel like Lebron is just too young for us to already cement his place in history as being greater or lesser than Jordan...win or lose this final.

More than just being more athletic, from a skill perspective they are better as well. Defensive schemes have gotten much better combined with things like the advent of the Zone defense which makes it harder for the offensive player to score. Better defense promotes better offensive players to combat that. The league isn't all that "soft" either. People are just infatuated with OD physical play which was glamorized back then.

I see what you're saying.

I still think the league is soft but that's got another day.

Robert Horry > Bron

Last edited:
The best player in the league has like zero post moves but the skill is better? 
roll.gif

Agreed...even though I feel like Lebron is just too young for us to already cement his place in history as being greater or lesser than Jordan...win or lose this final.

Is there any possible way he could be perceived as better than Jordan at this point? Jordan's number look amazing right now. Imagine if he had never retired in the first place. The Jordan comparison is done and I think this generation is so bent on having its own Jordan that we've heaved these expectations that shouldn't have been there on him.

Side question: So has Lebron officially passed Kobe? Did we all just forget that Kobe was the guy not too long ago? We're all prisoners of the moment. We can't have a cohesive, just conversation on Lebron until Lebron retires.

Damn Jordan the benchmark for LEBRON huh...when he pass kobe ? :lol: I musta missed that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom