2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some **** u don't say he basically saying he knows they can't win. In his mind he should feel like they can win 3 straight especially as the leader. Now the whole roster is "content mentally" and fine with the runner up award. Son needs to want that ****, that's the difference between him and the ones he's compared to. Its just basketball to him but to them it's way more. He's not going to do anything to his game this summer besides try and recruit another star.

Heat in 7

View media item 1027389
View media item 1027390

Who will be the scapegoat if/when the Heat lose?
The Heat front office. The Heat as a team didn't improve from last year, while the Spurs did. The offseason additions to the Heat (Oden, Beasley) are non factors in the in the Finals. The Spurs on the other hand are much improved by making subtle changes like letting Gary Neal go, giving Patty Mills more playing time, signing a player like Marco Bellinelli and it's paying dividends for them. The younger guys (Green, Leonard, Splitter) have improved as well since last season also.

2/4 is a dissapointment

this big 3 aint more historic than boston big 3
The Boston big 3? Really? The one that got to 2 finals and split them? They also lost in the 2nd round twice and the conference finals once.

Obviously winning the championship >>> but don't act like losing in the finals is better than not getting there
im saying the one chip they combined for is a bigger accomplishment (bring a title to boston in like 20 years) then the two miami has (after winning in 06)

Yeah but this isnt pre 2011 wade, far from it, he might be "healthy" but his athleticism which was about 70% of his game during his prime isnt there, youre giving wade the benefit of the doubt because of his name, hes not the same player

I'm not giving Wade any benefit of the doubt. I read the paper. He is telling journalists he's never felt healthier. He only just turned 32. Y'all are making BS up about him being washed without facts. He ain't washed. A young 32, after you sat out half the year is a dude in his prime. MJ was 35 when he carved up the Jazz in '98.

2/4 is a dissapointment

The Boston big 3? Really? The one that got to 2 finals and split them? They also lost in the 2nd round twice and the conference finals once.

Obviously winning the championship >>> but don't act like losing in the finals is better than not getting there
im saying the one chip they combined for is a bigger accomplishment (bring a title to boston in like 20 years) then the two miami has (after winning in 06)

So Boston's big 3 is better historically than Miami because Boston brought a chip to a city that hasn't won one in 20 years (even though they have a rich championship history) and Miami's two championships are 4 straight finals are less impressive because Miami won in 06?

Do y'all really believe some of the **** y'all type?

Last edited:
End of the day, Kobe and Bron each won two. Kobe did it with Gasol, Bron did it with Wade and Bosh.
kobe-finger-wag-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

2/4 is a dissapointment

So Boston's big 3 is better historically than Miami because Boston brought a chip to a city that hasn't won one in 20 years (even though they have a rich championship history) and Miami's two championships are 4 straight finals are less impressive because Miami won in 06?

Do y'all really believe some of the **** y'all type?
i didnt say that boston big three was better in terms of talent

i said that their accomplishment is bigger historically

a legacy like boston's and then losing all through the 90's and 00's to win in 08 to me is bigger

what miami did is underwhelming given the talent on their team

@ESPNStatsInfo: Only 2 players in NBA history have averaged 30 PPG and 10 RPG when facing playoff elimination: LeBron James and Wilt Chamberlain.

@ESPNStatsInfo: Only 2 players in NBA history have averaged 30 PPG and 10 RPG when facing playoff elimination: LeBron James and Wilt Chamberlain.

It baffles me the records that ESPN/NBA keeps :lol:

"Last player to be in a finals game on a Sunday with 2 rings: LeBron"

"Last player with cornrows to be a breakout player at 22 years old for a Western Conference team: Kahwi"

"Boston's big 3 has greater historical significance because the franchise hasn't won in 20 years, even though Miami went to 4 straight finals which also hasn't been done in over 20 years."

Is that right?

It baffles me the records that ESPN/NBA keeps :lol:

"Last player to be in a finals game on a Sunday with 2 rings: LeBron"

"Last player with cornrows to be a breakout player at 22 years old for a Western Conference team: Kahwi"

Most of their statistics are garbage :lol:
They're really good at finding obscure stuff, but I'd say this one has some significance to it

Good numbers but Lebron is 4-6 in elimination games as of right now.

If he's 7-6 after Friday night, he should never be discredited again though.

"Boston's big 3 has greater historical significance because the franchise hasn't won in 20 years, even though Miami went to 4 straight finals which also hasn't been done in over 20 years."

Is that right?
well with miami's team i would hope they make 4 straight, if not the 7 or 8 lebron was talking about

so yes, even thugh they both have have achieved something not done in 20 years

"anything is possible" > miami chips

Anybody who thinks that shaq won those 3 titles without needing Kobe didn't watch those championships. They're just talking.

This. The first title in 2000 Shaq dominated, but Kobe had a huge game 4 on a sprained ankle in overtime after Shaq fouled out.

2001 and 2002 Kobe averaged around 26 or 27 in the finals and had some huge games in the western confrence playoffs during those runs.

I'm not going to play revisionist history and say Shaq and Kobe were equals during that run because they weren't. However I'm going to downplay Kobe's role either and treat it like some batman and robin stuff because Kobe did way more in the 01 and 02 runs then a typical 2nd option, plan B guy would do. Those were Shaqs teams but Kobe's play had a huge role in those titles.

And with this, the replacement of Jerry West as the logo has begun. Final MVP in a losing effort, only other guy since Jerry West,

"LeBron has now joined the great Jerry West in ____, We're in A MODERN NBA FOLKS, SHOULDNT OUR LOGO REPRESENT THE LOOK OF THE PLAYERS?!?!?!?!?!!?"Stephen A Smith

Last edited:
And with this, the replacement of Jerry West as the logo has begun. Final MVP in a losing effort, only other guy since Jerry West,

"LeBron has now joined the great Jerry West in ____, We're in A MODERN NBA FOLKS, SHOULDNT OUR LOGO REPRESENT THE LOOK OF THE PLAYERS?!?!?!?!?!!?"Stephen A Smith

No one anywhere is thinking this. Stop it antelope.

well with miami's team i would hope they make 4 straight, if not the 7 or 8 lebron was talking about

so yes, even thugh they both have have achieved something not done in 20 years

"anything is possible" > miami chips

:pimp:

Heat games are half empty 75% of the time. I agree with your sentiment sir :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom