2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I would say, Gasol is similar to Duncan. Guys that played the 5 but were better fit to be 4s (and even excelled at times) based on their preference.

Timmy is still the greatest power forward ever tho.

Last edited:
You really do have a hard time differentiating opinions from facts.

K, look up Pettit's numbers and compare to Wilt.

Process, take into account the disproportion in talent they had vs the league.

Process, then take into account how athletic and simply better the bigs of today are vs the talent Wilt and Pettit were up against.

Process, understand my argument. Then comeback when you have properly done so.

Bob Pettit
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
wish we could go back and watch these legends on a netflix like network.
too many games. its too much. 82 plus playoffs for everyteam for how many years .

too difficult and not much of a demand . I just want the nba  network be more like the nfl network as far as specials and content.

Last edited:
One thing I would say, Gasol is similar to Duncan. Guys that played the 5 but were better fit to be 4s (and even excelled at times) based on their preference.

Timmy is still the greatest power forward ever tho.

W/O a doubt.

A lot of folks consider the Spurs a landing spot for Gasol too. :x

Pau would fit real well in that offense.

too many game. its too much. 82 plus playoffs for everyteam for how many years .
too difficult and not much of a demand . I just want the nba network be more like the nfl network....
very true, would occupy a lot of data/bandwidth. didn't think of that.

Last edited:
of course the style of play AS OF NOW Bosh > Gasol.

Because the team is constructed around the big 3's strengths. A big 3 that Bosh is apart of.

You add Gasol plus a guy like Gortat in lieu of Bosh, you have a different dynamic, a different style of play. You add Lowry or hell, even IT22 (just considering guys hitting the FA market) and you have a different dynamic, a different style of play.
true thats why i was saying they def would have to change their team philosophy. And to add melo while is a great player still wouldnt help miami get over the hump of teams like the spurs.

Th problem with miami is 1. Their offense might as well be pick up ball. Pretty much all they do is high pick and rolls, give and goes. and iso...oh and now when the disadvantage is there use wade/lebron as a inside post present while the others screen and set up for threes/open perimeter shots.

Adding melo would be a logjam on the inside perimeter. also it would further add to their problem of playing iso ball. not to mention alot of miami offense is generated thru man to man and trap defense to create turnovers, which one melo isnt much of a one on one defender...and hes pretty much area defense as oppose to trap defense because he always had the luxury of having a big man/rim defender to cover his mistakes etc...Miami doesnt have that. 

Sure for the most part they would thrive/dominate the eastern conf....mainly cause most teams dont have big men. But against the teams on the west like a memphis etc... or a team that has a moving/sweeping offense like spurs...they would get exposed and it be the same like that loaded lakers team against the pistons. 

true thats why i was saying they def would have to change their team philosophy. And to add melo while is a great player still wouldnt help miami get over the hump of teams like the spurs.

Th problem with miami is 1. Their offense might as well be pick up ball. Pretty much all they do is high pick and rolls, give and goes. and iso...oh and now when the disadvantage is there use wade/lebron as a inside post present while the others screen and set up for threes/open perimeter shots.

Adding melo would be a logjam on the inside perimeter. also it would further add to their problem of playing iso ball. not to mention alot of miami offense is generated thru man to man and trap defense to create turnovers, which one melo isnt much of a one on one defender...and hes pretty much area defense as oppose to trap defense because he always had the luxury of having a big man/rim defender to cover his mistakes etc...Miami doesnt have that. 

Sure for the most part they would thrive/dominate the eastern conf....mainly cause most teams dont have big men. But against the teams on the west like a memphis etc... or a team that has a moving/sweeping offense like spurs...they would get exposed and it be the same like that loaded lakers team against the pistons. 

agreed.

Depends what LAC and OKC do, but they'd be up there for sure. With that age though, it could be a BK Nets situation, although Pop manages minutes well.

Melo on the Heat, in addition to the 3 they have now, would be Olympics Melo. He's not gonna play iso ball like he does now. He'd be burying open 3s.

Pau would fit real well in that offense.
very true, would occupy a lot of data/bandwidth. didn't think of that.

I remember league pass online used to archive every game for the season and you could watch on demand. This was like 2 years ago not sure if they still do it.

HEATHEN HEATHEN now that you mention it I could watch young kobe and the nick van exel lakers. But it's like every time there is a classic jordan game or something on nba TV I just can't bring myself to watch the whole thing

Sabonis was the only dude that could slow Shaq down at that time. Wish Arvydas came over in his prime.

"Either I don't make the playoffs and I get two months off to heal my body or I make the playoffs and win a championship. There's no in between." I like that quote from LeBron a lot. Got ESPN on now.

Last edited:
I like this quote from Bron, really shows his inner d-bag.

“All the people that were rooting for me to fail… at the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today,” James said. “They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.”

i got boxes of 80s gms on beta/vhs :lol:
lakers/celts/pistons/early mj/etc
i was thinking of converting it to a digital file. the quality is deteriorating, but still viewable

Last edited:
Another gem of Bron's I really love to read when I want to tap into my inner sore loser.

"I’m a winner...I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand,"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom