2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmelo on the Heat in the future playing against another Team built like the Spurs will be the same results. Melo is going to play ISO ball and be gassed on defense.
There isn't another team like the Spurs. They don't make em like that anymore.

Wait so Spoelstra is a better coach than Thibs?

:rofl:

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Thibs is regarded as an excellent coach bc he is an excellent coach. We wouldnt know, as we're watching from the sidelines. Ask someone who has worked with the guy before.

How coaches don't try and Mimic Pop to a T baffles my mind... He turns average players into valuable players every single year.
Nothing but respect for Pop, I'm just more about that Thibs life.

Thibs is a great coach but those two are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum as far as being smart about getting players rest. Thibs grinds his players into dust during the regular season while Pop understands it's a marathon. Not a single Spur played 30+ minutes a game this year, I believe they were the first team in history to not have a single guy over 30 minutes a game.

How coaches don't try and Mimic Pop to a T baffles my mind... He turns average players into valuable players every single year.
Nothing but respect for Pop, I'm just more about that Thibs life.

Thibs is a great coach but those two are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum as far as being smart about getting players rest. Thibs grinds his players into dust during the regular season while Pop understands it's a marathon. Not a single Spur played 30+ minutes a game this year, I believe they were the first team in history to not have a single guy over 30 minutes a game.

i can 100% agree on that, he curbed it this yr but it need to be completely fixed imo thats the only slot hes lacking attribute points

I think its in the best interests for the heat to give wade the kobe deal and have him retire a heatle....

would mean alot for the franchise to have a player of his caliber to be drafted and retire there, especially after the work he's put in.

Spolestra is absolutely better than Thibbs.

He manages minutes better and coaches both sides of the court.

Spo is criminally underrated right now. Pop, Carlisle,and Spo are the 3 best in the league right now.

Thibodaux ain't top three.
Doc Rivers isn't top three anymore.
He was only top three when he had the big 3.
Spoelstra is back to being his usual self.
Rick Carlisle is the second best coach in the league.

Why does Thibodeau belong in that list?

What in the world has he ever done to be above Carlisle or Spoelstra?

The hype is absurd.

Not sure if serious...he's only taken a team with one superstar, one really good player, one good player, and a bunch of role players and had them competitive every year and the last two WITHOUT THEIR SUPERSTAR. The team let, arguably, the second best player go and they were STILL a really competitive team.

Its absurd that people still hate on this dude. Sure he plays his guys too many minutes and is maybe too rigid, but his results speak for themselves. The bulls are the Charlotte Bobcats without Thibs, DRose, and Deng.

The Bulls roster isn't as bad as people make it out to be with no Rose and Deng. But this is the Finals thread, not the NBA thread.

Spo :lol:

All you have to do is put Lebron in the game. Its not that hard :rolleyes

I wouldnt trade Brad Stevens for Spo. Thats for damn sure :lol:

Why does Thibodeau belong in that list?

What in the world has he ever done to be above Carlisle or Spoelstra?

The hype is absurd.

Not sure if serious...he's only taken a team with one superstar, one really good player, one good player, and a bunch of role players and had them competitive every year and the last two WITHOUT THEIR SUPERSTAR. The team let, arguably, the second best player go and they were STILL a really competitive team.

Its absurd that people still hate on this dude. Sure he plays his guys too many minutes and is maybe too rigid, but his results speak for themselves. The bulls are the Charlotte Bobcats without Thibs, DRose, and Deng.

The Bulls roster isn't as bad as people make it out to be with no Rose and Deng. But this is the Finals thread, not the NBA thread.

regardless of what thread this is theres no way in hell you believe what u typed P cant be

I find it funny that people are calling Spo a top 3 after watching his team get annihilated by Pick & Rolls two games in a row & the team coming out without any lack of urgency two straight games at home in the finals.

where was the call to put Lebron in the Post? Play bosh at the Elbow? something. Atleast in doc Rivers case he literally was playing against two guys that he had no answers against AT ALL. Didn't have the personnel to stop Russ & KD at all, but Spo can't make adjustments to atleast slow TP from getting to the paint? Stop Diaw from looking like Chris Webber? Doing something to combat the several open 3's?

Thank god in 72 hours all the jordan comparisons will finally die.
No Three-Peat for LeBron.  No Dynasty.  Finally, it will all die.
Once again, everything will be right with the world.

He doesn't have to win it every year. Spurs and Lakers didn't win it every year and they're still what I'd characterize as dynasties. LeBron has 5 more prime years to win a few more. Don't look for the dynasty chatter to die just yet. With the same squad they'll be Vegas future favorites again next season. Add Melo and even more so. People are overreacting for real. Man, especially if Lance leaves the Pacers, the east is a complete joke; they'll walk to he finals again no question.

Last edited:
I guess Spo needs to find a way to reverse the effect of 86 playoff games since 2011, more than any team in the NBA. Or their 16th playoff series in that same span, again more than any team in the NBA, and try to win in a 4th straight Finals which hasn't been done since 1985.

Yeah, why can't Spo fix all that?????? :smh:

As an objective NBA fan.
LeBron better focus. Being down 1-3 is obviously not easy to come back from... Obviously.

But this is literally as close as he'll EVER BE to a 3-Peat.

If there's any miraculous speech left for his team, he needs to think of it.

Him and Wade look so nonchalant after these loses you would think it's not even a big deal to them.

They need to be angry. They need to play with rage.

And I'm not rooting for Miami. In fact, I really want them to lose.

But again, as an objective nba fan. The chances of them coming back are slim, but not impossible.

Bron needs to slap the **** out of Dwhistle and wake him up. These opportunities don't come around often.

Win 3 games in a row now and you'll start to become a real legend.

Lose, and... Well. I think we all know what's going to happen, fair or not.

Either way, this is it for LeBron as far as 3-peats go. He needs to wake his team up.

Spo :lol:

All you have to do is put Lebron in the game. Its not that hard :rolleyes

Yeah, just like 2011, right?

Spo has gotten much better as a coach since those days and he deserves to be talked about as one of the better coaches in the league.

What's the significance of a 3 peat? Like historically I don't even care. People care about ring totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom