2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron isn't as focused on putting the best players around him as he should be.
He's still playing homeboy ball.
What's the purpose of having Chalmers, Cole, and Douglas on the roster?
They are three of the same players.
He has dudes on the team that he "likes".
Lebron has some maturing to do if he wants to be on Mt. Rushmore.

LOL @ people defending Lebron. Talking about the casual fan eff outta here. You don't show up for the last half of the game when your team is already down by 20. Have the Heat lead at all this series? Besides game 2 I don't recall them ever even having a lead. Lebron out there trying to protect his shooting percentage instead of coming out blazing. He hasn't shot the ball more than 20 times all series except for game 2 when they won lol. Spurs close this out Sunday. Lebron looks for more help this summer lol.

:lol: at you saying "talkin bout the casual fan" and then go and ask "has the Heat lead all series besides game 2?!?!?" Uhhh...they were leading Game 1 practically the WHOLE time UNTIL he had his cramps. :smh:

Lebron isn't as focused on putting the best players around him as he should be.
He's still playing homeboy ball.
What's the purpose of having Chalmers, Cole, and Douglas on the roster?
They are three of the same players.
He has dudes on the team that he "likes".
Lebron has some maturing to do if he wants to be on Mt. Rushmore.

LeBron is the GM?

Maybe I don't see what you're seeing, but I haven't seen LeBron not display effort or aggression. They're running the offense through him and he is creating, it's just that no one is really hitting shots. You can't equate not forcing shots to not playing with effort or being aggressive. You're wanting him to stop trying to create for others and score more, which I won't say I'm completely opposed to, but don't make this about effort.

?? Dude you cannot be serious right now

Are we watching the same game?

This guy is on straight cruise mode everygame outside of game 2.

He's getting the ball dancing around at the top of the key, kicking it out to a covered defender and watching.
He's not attacking the basket nearly enough, I don't remember seeing him in the post at ALL in the first half yesterday.
He has let tony Parker get wherever the hell he wants with the ball, no physicality, weak closeouts.
A bunch of Long Three point shots, I have rarely seen him grab the ball and push it for fastbreak points. His effort has been lackluster as hell.

Either that or your telling me the same SA defense that had no Answer for a Russell Westbrook running throughout their entire team, suddenly has a defense that could stop Lebron from getting to his spots.

As soon as he saw Wade was stinking it up, And Bosh was being hesitant you have to force the issue, Kawhi is good, he's not good enough to guard Lebron or strong enough to stop him from getting to the Basket. Once again he showed Effort in Game 2 and it led to several open shots for his role players, easy dumpoffs to Wade/Bosh/Birdman.

If he's attacking, whether the shots falling or not he's gonna get doubled or draw fouls, his lack of doing that is a BIG reason why the heat offense looked horrid these past two games.

The Spurs are averaging 119 points per 100 possessions this series.

Talking about the Heat's offense is a moot point.

This is just dumb. They've caught back to back drums. How do you figure they have the pieces to best this San Antonio team?

Sometimes y'all gotta stop actively seeking out blame, and give someone credit. San Antonio is playing at a complete other level right now, and Miami can't match up with them.

IDK maybe because in THIS SAME series i've seen them turn up the intensity on Defense and suddenly their were turnovers, Their weren't COUNTLESS open three point shots for Danny Green, Patty Mills, TP.

If it isn't effort then where are these incredible mismatches that SA has over the Heat?
These are essentially the same two teams that went to 7 last year in which the Heat won.... but now a year later they are totally outmatched and stand no chance? I'm not downplaying the spurs their playing like champs who WANT IT and it's showing. Look at their offensive rebounding last night, look at who's jumping for looseballs, look at who's swarming on Defense and closing out on shooters. The spurs are winning by this Margin because they are fighting harder for everything.

there were multiple possessions where lebron would ISO, and just HOLD the ball for 8 seconds. not doing anything with it. no ones moving. nothing. not sure if thats the game plan or not..

If the heat are going to lose this series, I think it would be in game 6. They should've won game 1 and they took care of business in game 2. I just can't see another effortless performance on the road.

D Wade is far from washed and would get a max contract from many teams. His numbers/%s this season are best of his career. Dudes are so dramatic. Team just isn't clicking like the Spurs. Stop overreacting.

Bron gotta go boston gm 6 for 3 straight gms if the heat want any chance to win, spurs offensive execution is on a different level :smh:

LeBron needs the Spurs to go Celtics game 6 too, 1-14 from 3 and the Heat have a chance
salt from the past

next season all rests on Wade, if he Opts in he gives no damns and doesn't care, if his ego can take the vet min then they got chances to sign more people

"call me 3" means RIP to Wade taking a pay cut

Last edited:
D Wade is far from washed and would get a max contract from many teams. His numbers/%s this season are best of his career. Dudes are so dramatic. Team just isn't clicking like the Spurs. Stop overreacting.

Wade got 2 more good years at the most, a max contract my a**

:rofl: :rofl:

Son is Done on that Max Contract thing he's still a good player but his knees are shot.... He was being guarded effectively by Boris Diaw & Tiago splitter

So how much of the spurs offensive success is attributed to their roster being comprised of majority international players. I ask because i really dislike the aau standard of ball that is having a large affect on the game. Everyone wants to be the star, dunk and shoot threes. Where as this team concept is a style played in many euro countries

Interesting point, especially considering the heat are basically an aah team. Also notice there are no silly 3 point celebrations with this squad, just business

there were multiple possessions where lebron would ISO, and just HOLD the ball for 8 seconds. not doing anything with it. no ones moving. nothing. not sure if thats the game plan or not..
Them cats out there looking like the Mavericks.
Dirk does that same crap.
Holds the ball takes about 20 jab steps and throws up a jumper.

This is just dumb. They've caught back to back drums. How do you figure they have the pieces to best this San Antonio team?

Sometimes y'all gotta stop actively seeking out blame, and give someone credit. San Antonio is playing at a complete other level right now, and Miami can't match up with them.

IDK maybe because in THIS SAME series i've seen them turn up the intensity on Defense and suddenly their were turnovers, Their weren't COUNTLESS open three point shots for Danny Green, Patty Mills, TP.

If it isn't effort then where are these incredible mismatches that SA has over the Heat?
These are essentially the same two teams that went to 7 last year in which the Heat won.... but now a year later they are totally outmatched and stand no chance? I'm not downplaying the spurs their playing like champs who WANT IT and it's showing. Look at their offensive rebounding last night, look at who's jumping for looseballs, look at who's swarming on Defense and closing out on shooters. The spurs are winning by this Margin because they are fighting harder for everything.

The spurs are getting open looks by design, not by lack of effort from Miami. They've been running PnR as beautifully as I've ever seen it run. They either hit diaw or splitter who seemingly always make the right pass and continue to get open looks. that defense you saw swarming, was games 1&2 before pop made major adjustments.

And yes, last year and this year are different. Manu was horrible last year, diaw wasn't as productive, mills wasn't a factor. The spurs were probably the better team last year, but Miami was able to pull through because they're top 8 guys outplayed the spurs top 8. This year it's the exact opposite

No team is giving Wade a max contract. He played less games during the regular season to be ready for this time of year and he looks bad. His body is just breaking down, no team is giving an aging player with a bad body a max contract.

sage steel wasnt having it last night with bill. her reaction when bill was whining
laugh.gif
LOLOLOLOL WOW. Bill Simmons just rubs people the wrong way nonstop nowadays
Dwhistle isn't opting out. He'll collect this 40 mil over the next two and retire.
He'd be a fool to. This the "Thank you for the past" money thats hes about to get.

The spurs are getting open looks by design, not by lack of effort from Miami. They've been running PnR as beautifully as I've ever seen it run. They either hit diaw or splitter who seemingly always make the right pass and continue to get open looks. that defense you saw swarming, was games 1&2 before pop made major adjustments.

And yes, last year and this year are different. Manu was horrible last year, diaw wasn't as productive, mills wasn't a factor. The spurs were probably the better team last year, but Miami was able to pull through because they're top 8 guys outplayed the spurs top 8. This year it's the exact opposite

No body is Denying the spurs good Offense but dudes are acting like Pop ain't been running this Offense to perfection for YEARS!!!, this isn't some unstoppable immovable force man it's pick & roll offense Screens being Set, still not an excuse to Give up literally 8-10 WIDE OPEN 3's a game, that comes from an Effort standpoint man. Your acting like a team that's been to 3 straight finals has never saw a pick & Roll Before. Hell Throughout the season people were Raving about how they handled the Pick & Roll.

Not to mention that alot of these are being created By TP having the ability to drive directly into the Lane whenever he Wants & they put Lebron on him specifically to stop that. We always give Bron props for Shutting down (AKA the Heat can focus their team defense on one player) but when he was placed to slow Down TP he has done NOTHING to throw his game off. considering he had the same matchup for game 6&7 last year & did a phenomenal job against him, it's either effort on Lebrons part or TP has Magically gotten quicker and more elusive at his elder age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom