2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AchingFantasticAndeancondor.gif

That look on your face when you realize you don't have it any more.......

Kawhi has to get it. Though I would prefer Diaw....that would be the most baffling Finals MVP statistically in the record books

6.5 PPG 8.5 RPG 5.8 ASSTS shooting .385% from the floor :lol:

I'm in no way in favor of the Heat, but I still wouldn't count Wade out. Hasn't he had those floaters and mid-range on smash? He obviously had a bad game last night. Hopefully he continues playing like that.

GG spurs fans.

Can we stop calling Duncan a PF.

Spurs looking like a well oiled machine.

DWade looked like he's done I thought he'd have a big game last night.

STephen A Smith gotta be on lebrons payroll. I've never seen such groupie **** to such a high level. Protect his image at all costs. Find blame elsewhere.

He was a NO SHOW I the first half. Who gives a **** if he starts scoring when they are down 20. ******* pathetic

Agreed; not that I think the blame for this series is squarely on Lebron but it shouldn't take them being down 20 for him to assert himself on offense. He is usually great at getting guys involved and making the right pass/play, and he always plays efficiently and doesn't force things. But sometimes he doesn't force things almost to a fault IMO. Look, I think the Spurs are just on another level right now and really putting on a basketball clinic. Not sure it would matter what Lebron did, but sometimes you gotta go down swinging. It's nice that he always makes the right pass and trusts his teammates, but sometimes you gotta realize a contested shot for you might be a better basketball play than swinging it to Mario Chalmers in this series :lol: We've seen him do things like that before: Game 6 vs the Celtics, 25 straight vs the Pistons, etc. Maybe if he goes into attack mode it's enough to keep them within striking distance, maybe it's not. But I'd rather my team leader shoot 13-30 or have 12 assists but 6 turnovers because he's going down fighting than to play an efficient game where he isn't at least taking the risk of failing in the off chance that he succeeds.

I mean, Lebron's not playing poorly by any means, but he's going long stretches without imposing his will. I know it was a blowout, but he only took 17 shots and had 2 assists. He didn't do much to score or create for others in the first half. By the time he came alive in the 3rd it didn't matter. The Heat have often been good enough for him to coast through the first 3 quarters and then close in the 4th; that ain't working against the Spurs. When his teammates are hitting open shots and playing well Lebron is almost unstoppable. Asking him to do more is a tough ask, but I'd at least like to see him try. When Kobe or MJ's teammates were letting him down, you know they knew the other team was better. But they'd be damned if they didn't at least empty the clip trying to avoid the impossible. Lebron seems like he is more inclined to play the "right way" and if his teammates let him down he lives with the results. Perhaps there's something noble about that, and historically it's worked out well for him (obviously). Maybe I think too highly of him and expect too much because it seems like he does things like score 19 in that third quarter so effortlessly, that he ought to at least try to dominate more often. Maybe he's more human than I give him credit for and he's just exhausted? I don't know.

As much as I'm enjoying the team brilliance from the Spurs and strongly want them to win the series; I was at least hoping to see some individual brilliance from Lebron put up a fight. It hasn't really materialized. Lebron is a smart guy and I'm sure he knows the Spurs are the better team. But he kinda seems like he's playing like he knows it. To me guys like Russ, CP3, Kobe,, MJ have this thing about them where it seems like they're so competitive that they're irrational/delusional: you're not better than us until the series is over, and even then you're not better than us, we just haven't proved it yet :lol: It's funny to watch guys who are this competitive and from the outside it almost seems insane sometimes, but it's something I wish Lebron had because I think he's one of only a handful of players of the past 30 years (Lebron, KD, Kobe, MJ) who's talented and gifted enough to actually deliver on that kind of irrational, deluded competitiveness and beat a team like the Spurs.

Last edited:
Bron is the best player in the League. One of the best players I've ever watched.

At no point should It seem like he's not on the floor and at times last night it felt like he wasn't even out there.

IMO that's just not how it should be. And it's all on him. Yes Kawhi is doing a very good job defensively but C'mon this is Lebron James we talking about.

oh sorry.
I think also that Mario Chalmers could be a serious candidate to win the finals MVP for San Antonio.
He changed the both ends of the floor in their favor.

If Manu couldn't win it last year, no way Mario wins it this year. Manu's contribution to the Heat title last year was phenomenal. He was robbed of that trophy.

Pathetic performance by Miami the last two games, Harold Minor is rollin in his grave right now :smh: ... I guess they really need Melo

The Spurs tho :wow: :wow: .. you can telll this is personal :smokin ... A couple of free throws away from this series being a sweep.

Last edited:
Get Bosh back in the post, start LeBron as PG and let him try to go for 40 with 10 assists. That's their only shot.

LeBron win or lose needs to out up huge numbers Sunday. Forget the 28 point games. He needs to start swinging. Bosh also needs to stop chilling around the 3 point line. Wade is pretty much done, nothing to expect or say on that one.

Bron is the best player in the League. One of the best players I've ever watched.

At no point should It seem like he's not on the floor and at times last night it felt like he wasn't even out there.

IMO that's just not how it should be. And it's all on him. Yes Kawhi is doing a very good job defensively but C'mon this is Lebron James we talking about.

Lebron has a habit of doing this, it's nothing new. We all expect him to come out like a man on mission, but it rarely happens in big a spot. He'll score 30+ pts but it's in the flow of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed; not that I think the blame for this series is squarely on Lebron but it shouldn't take them being down 20 for him to assert himself on offense. He is usually great at getting guys involved and making the right pass/play, and he always plays efficiently and doesn't force things. But sometimes he doesn't force things almost to a fault IMO. Look, I think the Spurs are just on another level right now and really putting on a basketball clinic. Not sure it would matter what Lebron did, but sometimes you gotta go down swinging. It's nice that he always makes the right pass and trusts his teammates, but sometimes you gotta realize a contested shot for you might be a better basketball play than swinging it to Mario Chalmers in this series :lol: We've seen him do things like that before: Game 6 vs the Celtics, 25 straight vs the Pistons, etc. Maybe if he goes into attack mode it's enough to keep them within striking distance, maybe it's not. But I'd rather my team leader shoot 13-30 or have 12 assists but 6 turnovers because he's going down fighting than to play an efficient game where he isn't at least taking the risk of failing in the off chance that he succeeds.

I mean, Lebron's not playing poorly by any means, but he's going long stretches without imposing his will. I know it was a blowout, but he only took 17 shots and had 2 assists. He didn't do much to score or create for others in the first half. By the time he came alive in the 3rd it didn't matter. The Heat have often been good enough for him to coast through the first 3 quarters and then close in the 4th; that ain't working against the Spurs. When his teammates are hitting open shots and playing well Lebron is almost unstoppable. Asking him to do more is a tough ask, but I'd at least like to see him try. When Kobe or MJ's teammates were letting him down, you know they knew the other team was better. But they'd be damned if they didn't at least empty the clip trying to avoid the impossible. Lebron seems like he is more inclined to play the "right way" and if his teammates let him down he lives with the results. Perhaps there's something noble about that, and historically it's worked out well for him (obviously). Maybe I think too highly of him and expect too much because it seems like he does things like score 19 in that third quarter so effortlessly, that he ought to at least try to dominate more often. Maybe he's more human than I give him credit for and he's just exhausted? I don't know.

As much as I'm enjoying the team brilliance from the Spurs and strongly want them to win the series; I was at least hoping to see some individual brilliance from Lebron put up a fight. It hasn't really materialized. Lebron is a smart guy and I'm sure he knows the Spurs are the better team. But he kinda seems like he's playing like he knows it. To me guys like Russ, CP3, Kobe,, MJ have this thing about them where it seems like they're so competitive that they're irrational/delusional: you're not better than us until the series is over, and even then you're not better than us, we just haven't proved it yet :lol: It's funny to watch guys who are this competitive and from the outside it almost seems insane sometimes, but it's something I wish Lebron had because I think he's one of only a handful of players of the past 30 years (Lebron, KD, Kobe, MJ) who's talented and gifted enough to actually deliver on that kind of irrational, deluded competitiveness and beat a team like the Spurs.

And THAT is the problem(if you want to label it as such) with Lebron. I hate to bring him up, but look at MJ in game 6 against Utah. Scottie was a ghost. MJ went out and shot the ball 35 times. I know they're different players and are asked to do different things but come on. Lebron can get in that post and attack that rim on every possession if he wanted to. Look around. If your teammates are sharting the sheets, no one will knock you if you hog the ball.

And THAT is the problem(if you want to label it as such) with Lebron. I hate to bring him up, but look at MJ in game 6 against Utah. Scottie was a ghost. MJ went out and shot the ball 35 times. I know they're different players and are asked to do different things but come on. Lebron can get in that post and attack that rim on every possession if he wanted to. Look around. If your teammates are sharting the sheets, no one will knock you if you hog the ball.

Agreed. My hatred for him and the Heat hope he never figures this out though :lol:

This trait is why I never want to hear about Prime KG being better than Duncan.

Dude used to swing the ball to Trenton Hassel with the game on the line so often it would make me sick.

patty mills is probably mvp. or danny green. whoever talked about shooting % is on the money. in large part, their ball movement was great blah blah blah but they just hit a ton of long threes. it's like when dwight's magic made it to the finals that one year

not true. i honestly believe that 2011 was a whole different issue. mavs played him the right way as a team defensively and gave him looks that he didn't see before. they forced the ball out of his hands. go watch marc cuban on first take a couple of years ago. know for sure it's on youtube.

edit: here ya go.

do you really believe lebron stops playing hard because he doesn't want to be the one to get blamed? :lol: newsflash bruh, people ride him regardless of what he does.

dude was the only player over 15 points tonight and its still his fault. he was the only one who came out in the 3rd quarter with some type of aggression. he definitely could have played better in the first half. believe it or not, kawhi is actually a damn good defender.
Of course Lebron will get blame that's what the casual fan does...it's the way of the world...but anybody who actually watches the games can't lay blame at Lebron's feet.

Anyone who actually watches the game has watched Lebron be passive when his team needs him most. Outside of game 2 he has been absolutely irrelevant on both ends of the floor.

LOL @ people defending Lebron. Talking about the casual fan eff outta here. You don't show up for the last half of the game when your team is already down by 20. Have the Heat lead at all this series? Besides game 2 I don't recall them ever even having a lead. Lebron out there trying to protect his shooting percentage instead of coming out blazing. He hasn't shot the ball more than 20 times all series except for game 2 when they won lol. Spurs close this out Sunday. Lebron looks for more help this summer lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom