2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this one's in the books. not rooting for any team in particular, but wouldn't mind seeing bron lead the heat to three straight. just to witness. my fave championship wins last decade or so have been... 1. pistons ending the lakers dynasty, 2. mavs over heat w/ the whole kidd and dirk getting a ring, 3. celtics w/ the big 3 the first year together. 

don't really care to see the spurs get yet another ring but wow - duncan got his first ring when i was still watching tv on an old version of an old square box of a television. pretty incredible that his level of play is still competitive. 

tangentially though, i don't see k. leonard blowing up. he seems like the perfect 2nd player or third best player on a championship team but there's no way you can make an argument that he will carry the torch. 

also, did these games (these blow outs) - did that diminish lebron's stock at all? maybe he's finally getting burnt out. he's played a lot of games, a lot of minutes, and the last 4 years has had the grueling postseason schedule too... 

i don't think lebron's stock is diminished at all. and still, i put him in the top 3. just look at his game 2 performance. D-ing up parker on one end, hitting fade away threes, making the game sealing assist... spurs just proved that basketball is still a "team" game - just of course it is a rare and dying art form 

Might sound crazy, but I don't think Heat are out just yet. If there's any team that pulls off the impossible it's these guys.

game of swings against the most disciplined team in the nba. two games in the alamodome. of course it isn't impossible but it isn't happening 

The heat are getting solid performances from LeBron, and getting blown out. Can't see the spurs cooling off because they're getting easy looks whenever they want. This thing is over.

I gotta admit.

I was wrong about the Heat winning by 50 and having a 35 fta advantage on the Spurs.

Kudos to the old folks

Sad Boyz Ent 
frown.gif

Although it would be absolutely amazing to see LeBron lead his team to 3 straight.

I had a final this evening so didn't get a chance to catch the game

All I can say is :x at the Heat dropping 2 in a row at home

After the shocking loss last year the Spurs have proven what heart and determination can achieve. Having the best coach of all time coupled with the best power forward of all time(maybe the smartest player of all time) doesn't hurt either.  Still,  the Spurs were the best team all season long,they beat the 2nd best team(okc) in the playoffs and are embarrassing the two time defending champs.  THe Heat have nothing to feel shame over;they were beaten by a much better team with a much better coach.

Parker will never be appreciated for how great he really is.  The guy doesn't have an assist this game but how many hockey assists does he have?lol. He is a true court general.Leonard will be scary good in a few years .Manu gets props too. What a career.

The knicks should trade Melo and LBJ should go to NYC. Watch the Knicks go to the finals next year.

Anybody who blames Lebron for this or uses this to "prove" he's not Jordan is obviously a troll.

#1. He ain't Jordan...let it go. he is the best player on the planet now...deal with it.

#2. Looking at the stats Lebron is ballin' out there everyone else is out to lunch.

#3. The Spurs are playing historically well. There is a saying in bball...nobody shoots 50%. The best shooters shoot in the 40's. The spurs are shooting 54% AS A TEAM for the series. That's unreal. The heat aren't playing great defensively but they aren't stinking it up out there.

As Barkley says the better team always wins a 7 game series. Even though the spurs lost game 6 last year; they had a game 7 and lost. That's not a fluke.

Spurs are better this year; end of story

Stop trying to scapegoat the boy Wade in an effort to save Lebron from slander and criticism , if they lose no way can Bron get a pass idc what his fg% is or how gimpy Wade knees are.

Bron gets all the accolades and praise when they win, so when they lose he should feel the wrath as well.....put that cape down and let justice be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom