2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

We're talking about a RB trio of DMC, MJD and Murray....and you're hesitating? Do it. Anytime you can start two RB1s and then plug another RB1 into your flex spot
Even if it was "JUST" MJD for Spiller you do it. That's a sell high if I've ever seen one.
Personally I think we've seen the last of FJAX as a true starter, my gut says Spiller takes the job and runs with it. Once FJAX comes back I see a timeshare at best for FJAX, he's cooked and Spiller is clearly too talented to be riding pine for another season or simply playing back-up.

i have the exact same combo of mcfadden, murray, and mjd. when rbs are thin like they are this year then youd be crazy not to take that trade. and fred jackson will be back in 4-5 weeks

having some trouble deciding who to play in the flex. right now my two RBs are Rice and Murray, and my two WRs are Roddy and Steve Johnson.

For the flex I can choose between:
Bowe
Decker
DeAngelo Williams
Donald Brown
Desean Jackson

And of course you swap Spiller for MJD. Getting Murray's handcuff is EXTRA icing on the cake, unless you think there's nobody worth dropping on your bench for felix. but with someone as injury prone as murray, i would take the cuff.

Last edited:
I'd like to add another solid RB so I'm thinking of trading for BJGE. He played well against a good Ravens D and I liked him during his Patriots years even though he didn't get much of a chance to shine. What's he worth? I imagine his going rate isn't that bad. His owner also has him on the bench so he can't value him that much. His owner has Arian Foster so I was thinking of including Ben Tate in the deal. Who else would you recommend? Here's my team.

Last edited:
having some trouble deciding who to play in the flex. right now my two RBs are Rice and Murray, and my two WRs are Roddy and Steve Johnson.
For the flex I can choose between:
Bowe
Decker
DeAngelo Williams
Donald Brown
Desean Jackson
And of course you swap Spiller for MJD. Getting Murray's handcuff is EXTRA icing on the cake, unless you think there's nobody worth dropping on your bench for felix. but with someone as injury prone as murray, i would take the cuff.

I like Decker for your flex.

I'd like to add another RB so I'm thinking of trading for BJGE. He played well against a good Ravens D and I liked him during his Patriots years even though he didn't get much of a chance to shine. What's he worth? I imagine his going rate isn't that bad. His owner also has him on the bench so he can't value him that much. His owner has Arian Foster so I was thinking of including Ben Tate in the deal. Who else would you recommend? Here's my team.

I'd wait, you don't grab another man's handcuff and not make that man sweat.

Bush just ended up in your pocket, he's a viable RB2 and a goal-line monster. I'd give it a week or two before you sent Tate away, if Foster is still healthy then you send him to his owner, 'til then you're just trading away the most valuable handcuff in the game plus another player for an RB2 which you have an abundance of (Turner, Sproles, Morris, Bush).

If you're going to make a move, make a move. Don't trade for the sake of trading. Grabbing other's handcuffs is a viable strategy, don't jump ship yet, see it through. You drafted Tate for a reason. Foster gets hurt? You have yourself a RB1.

Last edited:
packers d is doing work for me, but thats not my money league, i need james jones to do SOMETHING PLEASE
I was shocked how well GB's DEF played last night. Jay Cutler's words seemed to really motivate them. Especially Clay and Tramon. Who would have seen the Crabtree TD coming on trickeration.

They said Witten was a full practice participant today and looks back to normal...
I don't know if I believe that report. He looked hurt W1. No one is doubting his heart or toughness, Witten is tough as nails. I'm questioning if he can produce regularly. Romo often wasn't even looking his way against the G-Men, allowing Ogletree to come on the scene.

Without injury, Witten is by far one of Romo's favorite targets and an easy start over Daniels. With the spleen, I'm leaning towards Daniels still in W2.

A couple questions re: the upcoming week.

@ TE -- do I stay with Tamme vs. ATL, or play Fred Davis vs STL?

@ FLEX should I keep Antonio Brown in, or play B. Green-Ellis vs CLE?
I'm sticking Tamme at ATL unless Garcon is confirmed out and Davis will see more targets.

I'd still start Law Firm against the 30th ranked rushing defense (in yards), whether Revis plays or not.

I'm pissed man... in a league with my fam smh 20$ a head lost jackson too and got jordy and cruz
Injuries happen, bro. It's how you respond to them that matters. That's what drafting soundly and having depth/insurance is for. You'll be fine.

benson came through... took cobb off the field... if he's strictly a WR, he's 3rd or 4th string
Shocked McCarthy ran Ced that much early.

Cobb played with discomfort. His frame isn't ideal for taking hits, added wear-and-tear.

OMG come on A-Rod!!!!! 9 points is absolutely awful :smh: :x
Something no one would ever expect out of a potential #1 overall fantasy producer. This season proving to be fairly unpredictable.

What's a better defense to have??
Denver or green bay?
Would have said Denver but I honestly don't know after last night's performance. I don't think they're as bad as the SF game, or as good as the CHI game. Somewhere in-between. I still prefer Denver because of the way Peyton manages possessions. Champ still lock-down. Porter looking good on the other side. Dumervil and Miller provide pass-rush.

After tonight I think a lot of people are feeling a lil rough about their season prospects,
let me be the first to tell you, it ain't over 'til it's over.
Last year I started 0-4 in one of my money leagues, I kept telling my league-mates I was going to still win this thing. Of course, they laughed in my face. It was a mixture of Arian Foster being hurt early on and me not trusting Cam enough to start 'til week 5.
I rallied back, won 6 straight games and snuck into the playoffs 7-6....
I ended up taking the championship.
Fantasy is a crapshoot sometimes, even the most experienced fantasy grey-beards have rough starts. Even genius-level fantasy minds, guys with more football IQ than most of us fathom have rough starts. It's a long season, and you've got to dig deep,
Getting discouraged will just make your 0-2 start turn into an 0-3 start, I'll tell you guys that right now. This Packers/Bears game was just the perfect storm for fantasy owners, even the surest bets can prove disastrous.
Well said. Never give up or throw in the towel. Everyone gets discouraged and frustrated at times. Fight through it. Remain active and smart. Trust your intuition. Everything will be fine. Don't panic with roster moves like add/drops or trades. Ex. The one person's league where Victor Cruz was dropped, or Ryan Matthews.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. Corny, I know.

Someone wants to trade me his Pettigrew for my Vernon Davis. PPR League.
Good trade or no?
I like that, but everyone else may not based on ADP. Davis significantly higher based on ADP. I like Pettigrew more than most, gets substantial red-zone targets along with Megatron. Stafford throws a lot. Alex Smith still not completely trustworthy. I will say, try to add another player on each side to your advantage because the opposing manager can't possibly believe his Pettigrew is more valuable straight up than your VD.

So Champ, now that I dropped DHB for D. Moore, would you reccomend sitting D. Moore this week?  I have Randy Moss and D. McCluster i could start instead. It seems the reports say he is "good to go" but most writers arent expecting him to get alot of reps.  I think he could have a monster week against my sup par dolphins secondary.   
I would start McCluster, Denarius, Moss in that order. AG and I agree that D. Moore may not get to work right away in W2. Takes time adjusting to game speed and getting your reps in. McCluster is utilized like Percy and Cobb. Versatile.

i started alshon -__________-

can i get a updated rating on my roster? made a few changes ...its a money league 10 teams no ppr

tony romo/michael vick
lesean mccoy/c.j spiller/albert morris
julio jones/brandon lloyd/antonio brown/malcolm floyd/lance moore
jimmy graham
jets
dan bailey

i did not put alshon , as his locker will be cleared out infront of the team , that kind of performance will not be acceptable in the honey badger organization.

im on the fence about offering tony romo/julio jones/lance moore for tom brady and adrian peterson....thoughts?
Yes, you win on that trade. That's two elite, potential top-20 fantasy producers. Top-10 when AP is fully healthy. Brady has a cupcake schedule, points for days except in your playoff weeks. Keep that in mind, Vick more valuable if you trade Romo and get Brady Weeks 16-17 in all likelihood.

Rodgers got me 10pts -_______________________-
I'll probably end up going 0-2
Pray for me guys
Stay positive, man. I've made crazier comebacks in fantasy sports. Remain sharp and active in the league. Keeping doing your research and trusting your gut. It's bound to pay off.

In one league Jeffery got me 0 while the dude I'm playing against got 42 from Packers D and Crosby :x.
In another league Marshall got me 4.4 :smile:x) BUT the dude I'm playing against had Rodgers, Forte, James Jones, and Crosby and they only put up 39.3 for him, so I'm actually not looking too bad. On top of that I have Michael Bush and with a rumored high ankle sprain for Forte I actually made out ok. I drafted Bush in 2 out of 3 of my leagues knowing/hoping this would happen :lol: :pimp:.
Smart, bro. Bush can play. He's not just a handcuff. His style is very similar to Michael Turner except with a fresher body (less carries over a career thus far).

Pettigrew or Witten this weekend? I am thinking B. Pettigrew cause dude will be needed for those dump offs and short passes against that 49er D. Plus Witten looks like he's still hurt but the high side is the Cowboys are playing Seattle. Any comments?
I'd normally say Witten because Romo likes targeting him, but I don't believe Jason's fully healthy yet or ready to produce like normal. Start Pettigrew despite the SF match-up. Maybe he can get a red-zone TD to make the start valid.

If Ryan Matthews plays this week who should I start at my flex, Vincent Jackson ( @ NYG), Stevie Johnson (@KC) or Rashard Mendhall (vs NYJ)?
Not Mendy.

I'm going Stevie and then V-Jax in that order. I see a rough game for Tampa this week at MetLife. Stevie is getting literally all the targets with Fred and Nelson out.

Back
Top Bottom