2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

So Champ, now that I dropped DHB for D. Moore, would you reccomend sitting D. Moore this week?  I have Randy Moss and D. McCluster i could start instead. It seems the reports say he is "good to go" but most writers arent expecting him to get alot of reps.  I think he could have a monster week against my sup par dolphins secondary.   

i started alshon -__________-

can i get a updated rating on my roster? made a few changes ...its a money league 10 teams no ppr

tony romo/michael vick

lesean mccoy/c.j spiller/albert morris

julio jones/brandon lloyd/antonio brown/malcolm floyd/lance moore

jimmy graham

jets

dan bailey

i did not put alshon , as his locker will be cleared out infront of the team , that kind of performance will not be acceptable in the honey badger organization.

im on the fence about offering tony romo/julio jones/lance moore for tom brady and adrian peterson....thoughts?

Rodgers got me 10pts -_______________________-

I'll probably end up going 0-2

Pray for me guys

In one league Jeffery got me 0 while the dude I'm playing against got 42 from Packers D and Crosby :x.

In another league Marshall got me 4.4 :smile:x) BUT the dude I'm playing against had Rodgers, Forte, James Jones, and Crosby and they only put up 39.3 for him, so I'm actually not looking too bad. On top of that I have Michael Bush and with a rumored high ankle sprain for Forte I actually made out ok. I drafted Bush in 2 out of 3 of my leagues knowing/hoping this would happen :lol: :pimp:.

Last edited:
Someone wants to trade me his Pettigrew for my Vernon Davis. PPR League.
Good trade or no?

This is a great trade. VD is a bust and only gets you points when he scores. Pettigrew see's more targets each week which is good for PPR and gets more red zone targets as well.

Pettigrew or Witten this weekend? I am thinking B. Pettigrew cause dude will be needed for those dump offs and short passes against that 49er D. Plus Witten looks like he's still hurt but the high side is the Cowboys are playing Seattle. Any comments?

If Ryan Matthews plays this week who should I start at my flex, Vincent Jackson ( @ NYG), Stevie Johnson (@KC) or Rashard Mendhall (vs NYJ)?

Pettigrew or Witten this weekend? I am thinking B. Pettigrew cause dude will be needed for those dump offs and short passes against that 49er D. Plus Witten looks like he's still hurt but the high side is the Cowboys are playing Seattle. Any comments?

Seattle's defense is no joke. Cowboys will be hard pressed to find holes in the passing game. I contemplated sitting Romo this weekend because of it. I'd go Pettigrew there, I'm keeping Witten outta my lineup for at least another week.

I had a dream that Tebow had 1 rushing, receiving, passing TD with about 50 yards of each...... I think I want to start him

go with Tamme, and BGE for sure
I wouldn't be so sure about that BJGE move. Cleveland's defense is pretty good. McCoy rushed for 100 last week, but that's because their offense couldn't put a drive together. Revis isn't making the trip to Pittsburgh so Antonio Brown and Wallace stock just increased.

I like BJGE, put the Young Money crew the Steelers have are beasts at WR. You have a tough decision to make.

Curious, what site do most of y'all play fantasy on and why?

Have you tried any of the other host sites?

I started Brandon Marshall last night and y'all know how that went....

As for the rest of starters I could use your advice:

QB (pick 1)

BigBen

Fitz

RB/WR/FLEX (pick 3)

T Richardson

RunDMC

Ridley

Torrey Smith

Garcon

Antonio Brown

TE

Pettigrew

D

Bengals

My opponent had Rogers last night so that helps my chances.

Thanks errrybody!

Loving it.. team im playing this week had Cutler, Marshall and the Bears D.. only got 13pts total..

I played J. Nelson last night and he alone stacked almost 9pts... 

2-0 here we come!!!

someone in my money league dropped peyton hillis should i pick him up? if yes who should i drop for him mccluster or moreno?

i played all the right packers yesterday nelson, crosby, even rodgers gave me good points in a high scoring league

Last edited:
Yes, Revis is out vs PIT so thats another positive as to why I should play Antonio Brown. On the other hand, BGE looked great against perhaps the best defense in the league - and CLE hasn't been as successful stopping the run as most think. Then on the other hand I have Big Ben starting at QB...
ohwell.gif
 decisions, decisions...

just got a trade offer -- I get MJD and Felix Jones, I give up CJ Spiller

I already have Murray and I don't really like Jones as a handcuff. other RBs are McFadden, Reggie, Tate, and McCluster..

thoughts?

Last edited:
got a flex position open, it's between Djax and Deangelo Williams. I know Djax is a little banged up, should I start WIlliams instead? (no ppr)

just got a trade offer -- I get MJD and Felix Jones, I give up CJ Spiller
I already have Murray and I don't really like Jones as a handcuff. other RBs are McFadden, Reggie, Tate, and McCluster..
thoughts?

We're talking about a RB trio of DMC, MJD and Murray....and you're hesitating? Do it. Anytime you can start two RB1s and then plug another RB1 into your flex spot

Even if it was "JUST" MJD for Spiller you do it. That's a sell high if I've ever seen one.

Personally I think we've seen the last of FJAX as a true starter, my gut says Spiller takes the job and runs with it. Once FJAX comes back I see a timeshare at best for FJAX, he's cooked and Spiller is clearly too talented to be riding pine for another season or simply playing back-up.

Last edited:
After tonight I think a lot of people are feeling a lil rough about their season prospects,
let me be the first to tell you, it ain't over 'til it's over.
Last year I started 0-4 in one of my money leagues, I kept telling my league-mates I was going to still win this thing. Of course, they laughed in my face. It was a mixture of Arian Foster being hurt early on and me not trusting Cam enough to start 'til week 5.
I rallied back, won 6 straight games and snuck into the playoffs 7-6....
I ended up taking the championship.
Fantasy is a crapshoot sometimes, even the most experienced fantasy grey-beards have rough starts. Even genius-level fantasy minds, guys with more football IQ than most of us fathom have rough starts. It's a long season, and you've got to dig deep,
Getting discouraged will just make your 0-2 start turn into an 0-3 start, I'll tell you guys that right now. This Packers/Bears game was just the perfect storm for fantasy owners, even the surest bets can prove disastrous.

Great post :smokin :smokin the way I see it, so long as I make the playoffs its going to be a whole new game.

Back
Top Bottom