2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

:nerd:

Feedback? 10 team league.

A name on the rise, especially in PPR leagues....

Shane Vereen...I think he might be outright more talented than Ridley, he's stronger than most people give him credit for, had the best bench-press numbers at the combine in his class. Very quick and has great hands.

PPR gold-mine.

:nerd:
Feedback? 10 team league.

You're a bit thin at RB, not wild at all about JSTEW. Cam was already vulturing JSTEW's and DeAngelo's production, now with Tolbert in Carolina it's an absolute nightmare situation for JSTEW owners.

Did Kevin Smith get drafted? Evan Royster? If not, grab 'em (I can imagine Royster at least going undrafted in 10-teamers). If not scoop up Vereen if he's available.

I'd angle a Ben Tate owner to the Foster owner, he's not too enticing as a Flex option in 10-teamers (12-teamers, maybe, 14-teamers definitely).

Don't like Manningham, dude is just another receiver in a litany of receivers in Frisco. Don't think Smith is a proficient enough passer to make everyone in this offense a viable producer (especially not in 10-teamers).

Love the Titus Young & Andrew Luck picks. Think Luck is as good as any as far as a QB2 with borderline QB1 upside. Titus Young is a phenomenal talent and I think he's going to blow up this season as the clear #2 receiver in Detroit. He's fearless, great hands, and very quick.

I mean your core is solid, but you need to improve your RB depth.

Ced Benson, I'm not wild about, I think Alex Green will emerge as the most valuable back in GB but really only in PPR.

Yeah thanks, towards the end of the draft I didn't really know what to do.

Manningham and Benson were just there, just chose him to move things along.

Vereen, Smith, and Royster were all taken.

Good lookin out, will be in and out of this thread as the season progresses.

12 Team Non PPR. I accidently selected Peterson when I was going for McFadden, SMDH! What do yall think? loved this thread last year!

12 Team Non PPR. I accidently selected Peterson when I was going for McFadden, SMDH! What do yall think? loved this thread last year!

ah, I wouldn't worry too much about AP, dude is a physical anomaly. I mean yeah he's coming off a torn ACL, MCL and both of his meniscus(es? :nerd: :lol:). But so far he's on track for playing on week 1. If you're really worried about it send an offer over to the Gerhart owner and see if you can wrangle him over to your squad (maybe Hillis for Gerhart??)....Though I do like Hillis this season, really you have the RB depth to thrive even in the event of AP's demise.

Solid RB depth but you could upgrade at WR and TE.....But not really a glaring weakness at those positions (you've got good WR depth and some solid upside guys) and Tamme might have a big year (I'm a little skeptical to be honest as I'm certain Dreessen will have his fair share of targets).

My only issue with your team is RG3, don't see him as a viable QB1 even in 12-teamers, but you might be able to platoon the position if you play-match-ups with RG3 and Locker.

Last edited:
should ryan mathews be drafted earlier than the 2nd round? i see him dropping to the end of the 2nd round sometimes and i wonder why his ADP is so high. ranked 4th in yahoo overall. also, whats everyone take on adrian peterson? will the injury hold him back from being a top 5 RB?

I personally think Matthews is overrated and injury prone. I would take him 3rd/4th but he won't last that long. :lol:

Austin Collie or jabar Gafney?

and would you trade away Erin Decker for Benjarvis green ellis??

my rb's are ryan mathews, trent richardson and mike leShoure

my Wr's besides decker are Collie, AJ Green, Demaryus Thomas, and doug baldwin

How about dropping Mario Manningham for Steve Breaston or Jabar Gaffney?

same with Gaffney, he's not really worth picking up unless Welker or Lloyd go down.

Steve Breaston is really not too tantalizing to me, as I really feel Bowe will give-out and show up at camp before the season starts. Also I think Jon Baldwin is going to have a phenomenal season.

Is he available? Prolly not I'm guessing....Give me some more names you're interested in that's on your wire.

Austin Collie or jabar Gafney?
and would you trade away Erin Decker for Benjarvis green ellis??
my rb's are ryan mathews, trent richardson and mike leShoure
my Wr's besides decker are Collie, AJ Green, Demaryus Thomas, and doug baldwin

Collie over Gaffney all day, he seems to be building an early rapport with Luck and will be his slot receiver. Could very well have a break-out season as Wayne is fading...

And as far as that Decker trade, you have to make it. Trent is coming back from a knee-scope and Hardesty might be taking the lions-share of the carries for the first couple of weeks. Mathews might not be back 'til week 3 (I could give a rat's *** what Mathews says about it, there's no way he's ready for contact by week 1).

I don't like BJGE, he's a guy that is basically a low-ceiling RB2, but you need RB depth badly. LeShoure is cooked as well....He's suspended for the first two weeks of the regular season and is coming back from a torn achilles tendon (pretty much never seen a RB come back from a achilles tear, it's a career killer). As of right now Kevin Smith is the guy to own in the Lions backfield.....

Those whom are already suffering from RB injuries....

Check your waiver-wire for these guys...

Kevin Smith (absolutely no reason that he goes undrafted in any league, but if for some reason he's on your wire, get him).

Evan Royster (absolutely no reason that he goes undrafted in any league, but if for some reason he's on your wire, get him).

Montario Hardesty (The Browns might take it easy on Trent when he comes back from his knee-scope, Hardesty might be in line for a start
week 1, or at least the lions-share of carries).

Rashad Jennings (Mularkey is reportedly going to 'ease" MJD back into his starting-role as he doesn't want his rust to get him hurt or have his performance suffer, Jennings will probably get the nod week 1, he's been reportedly impressive at camp).

Names to simply keep in mind at this point....

Shane Vereen (though I'd be prudent and scoop him up before he supplants Ridley which he may very well do)....

John Dwyer (If Redman's groin injury lingers on into the regular season Dwyer could see an expanded role)

Ryan Grant (could be headed to Detroit)

Jeff Demps (runs a 4.18 40, olympic silver-medalist, is being courted by multiple teams, if in the right situation could be PPR GOOOOOOOOOOLD, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the fastest man in the National Football League, and it's not even a matter of debate).

Last edited:
Have about 3-4 spots left in my annual Niketalk league in Yahoo. It's been running for 4 years and it's pretty competitive til the end of the year.

If your interested PM me and i'll PM you back the league details with sign up info.

ah, I wouldn't worry too much about AP, dude is a physical anomaly. I mean yeah he's coming off a torn ACL, MCL and both of his meniscus(es? :nerd: :lol:). But so far he's on track for playing on week 1. If you're really worried about it send an offer over to the Gerhart owner and see if you can wrangle him over to your squad (maybe Hillis for Gerhart??)....Though I do like Hillis this season, really you have the RB depth to thrive even in the event of AP's demise.
Solid RB depth but you could upgrade at WR and TE.....But not really a glaring weakness at those positions (you've got good WR depth and some solid upside guys) and Tamme might have a big year (I'm a little skeptical to be honest as I'm certain Dreessen will have his fair share of targets).
My only issue with your team is RG3, don't see him as a viable QB1 even in 12-teamers, but you might be able to platoon the position if you play-match-ups with RG3 and Locker.

Do you think, considering my RB depth I could trade someone away for a Top QB? or should I just wait it out? I made it to the finals last year off a round 1 Drew Brees pick up, but this year I didn't want to do the QB thing.

With my first pick in my two keeper league I took Fitzgerald. AJ Green and Julio Jones were still available....think I made the right pick? Fitz's QB situation is just so iffy and both of those guys are in line for big seasons with stable quarterback play.

Jeff Demps to the Pats.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-jeff-demps-sign-new-england-patriots-sources
Olympic silver medalist Jeff Demps is expected to sign a contract Friday afternoon with the New England Patriots, according to multiple sources.

More From ESPN.com

Already featuring a bevy of offensive weapons, the Patriots will be even more dangerous with the addition of Olympic silver medalist Jeff Demps, writes James Walker. Blog

Demps is flying to Orlando, Fla., Friday to meet with his representatives and go over the details of the agreement. He is expected to make an announcement at 5 p.m. ET, but multiple sources say the Patriots are the team he is willing to play for.

His agent, Daniel Rose, wouldn't not confirm the agreement, only to say Demps should make an announcement later Friday.

Several NFL teams, including the New York Jets, were interested in Demps, who was a running back at Florida. He was undrafted in April while he was preparing for the Olympics. He was part of the 400-meter relay team that finished second.

The 5-foot-7, 191-pound Demps played in 12 games last season at the University of Florida, rushing for 569 yards and six touchdowns.

Once Demps officially arrives in New England, his biggest impact could be on the Patriots' return game. Demps could provide a spark in that area, where coach Bill Belichick said on Wednesday the team is looking for better production.

"He had a little bit of production," Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said. "How that translates over, the schemes are different. Any returner that comes into the NFL, whatever they did in college schematically is probably going to be a lot different than what we're going to ask him to do."

A name on the rise, especially in PPR leagues....
Shane Vereen...I think he might be outright more talented than Ridley, he's stronger than most people give him credit for, had the best bench-press numbers at the combine in his class. Very quick and has great hands.
PPR gold-mine.

possibly worth a very late round pick but in the Patriots offense the last guy that's gonna get the ball is the RB, running or through the air

Back
Top Bottom