2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Are you guys not concerned about MJD holding out? Especially if it really drags, you dont see it potentially being like Chris Johnson's situation last yr?

edit:
Quote:

Exactly, I drafted CJ last yr and got burned. I dont think Maurice will have that kind of yr but I would still be hesistant to take him in the 1st round.

Yes, MJD will not be on any of my teams this year, he has no desire to play for JAX, they don't wanna pay him, I think that situation is irreparable even if he comes back for game 1

I'd like to say this to everyone asking people to rank their teams....stop.

Matthew Berry said it best on his podcast when he told people to stop asking him because all people want to hear is how good they did. It doesn't matter if it's true or not that's all they want to hear. If you tell them their team sucks, or they have holes here and there, they will get mad and defensive.

Now that may not be the case all the time, but that's the mentality of most people.

Just putting that out there.

I think I'm down to Calvin Johnson/Arian Foster/Stafford 4th overall...thoughts? suggestions?

and JPZ, we're on the same page, I'm targeting Gronk/Graham at 17 as well

I think I'm down to Calvin Johnson/Arian Foster/Stafford 4th overall...thoughts? suggestions?

and JPZ, we're on the same page, I'm targeting Gronk/Graham at 17 as well

what kind of league and what kind of scoring?

Standard scoring - Foster

PPR - CJ/Staff

if TD's are worth more than 4pts - Stafford

and you picked those three, assuming 1-2-3 is Brady, Brees, Rodgers?

Last edited:
10 teamer, PPR + bonuses. Im certain those will be picks 1 thru 3. My only concern is when to pull a trigger on RB if I go CJ in the first.

It's my first year doing FF, but I believe TD's are worth 6 pts in this league...not 100% sure on that though.

Doing a free league for the first time. Really have no idea what I'm doing.
our draft is tonight

Matthew Berry said it best on his podcast when he told people to stop asking him because all people want to hear is how good they did. It doesn't matter if it's true or not that's all they want to hear. If you tell them their team sucks, or they have holes here and there, they will get mad and defensive.
Now that may not be the case all the time, but that's the mentality of most people.

Glad to see there are other listeners of Fantasy Focus on here

:lol:

QB
Aaron Rodgers
(GB - QB)

Julio Jones
(Atl - WR)

WR
Jordy Nelson
(GB - WR)

WR
Antonio Brown
(Pit - WR)

RB
Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)

RB
Marshawn Lynch
(Sea - RB)

TE
Jermichael Finley
(GB - TE)

BN
Steven Jackson
(StL - RB)

BN
Eric Decker
(Den - WR)

BN
Peyton Hillis
(KC - RB)

BN
Reggie Wayne
(Ind - WR)

BN
Andrew Luck
(Ind - QB)

BN
Jacob Tamme
(Den - TE)

K
Rob Bironas
(Ten - K)

DEF
Detroit
(Det - DEF)

not me, im a newb to football so i could careless, if someone tells me i did bad then i will try and do better next draft.

12 team league and I picked 2nd. I think i did fairly well.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Torrey Smith
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Fred Jackson
TE: Jared Cook
K: Garrett Hartley
DEF: Seattle

BN: Matt Ryan
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Nate Washington
BN: Denarius Moore
BN: Michael Bush
BN: Jacob Tamme

im in a 10 team ppr 6 points for pass td.. the top 3 rbs are going to be gone and rodgers too. how would you draft 5-7? in addition if you assume brady 5 and brees 6 who would you draft 7? 

IMO, had a pretty good draft in a standard scoring PPR league.

15 teams though with 1 "bye" team. :x

Last edited:
12 team league and I picked 2nd. I think i did fairly well.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Torrey Smith
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Fred Jackson
TE: Jared Cook
K: Garrett Hartley
DEF: Seattle

BN: Matt Ryan
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Nate Washington
BN: Denarius Moore
BN: Michael Bush
BN: Jacob Tamme

GG on cuffin' Bush, very necessary with certain RB's.

Be blunt, be honest... let me know what you think. This is the ONLY league I do. Had the #4 pick...

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Lesean McCoy
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- Desean Jackson
WR- Miles Austin
TE- Jimmy Graham
K- Garrett Hartley
DEF- Houston Texans

BN- Philip Rivers
BN- Jonathan Stewart
BN- Toby Gerhart
BN- Andrew Luck
BN- Ben Tate
BN- Rashad Jennings

How many teams are in your league? MJD, Graham, and Shady are all first/early second round picks. :x :pimp:

I think Peyton is risky and I don't think you should've drafted Luck. Maybe drop him and Gerhart and pick up some backup WR's IMO.

Be blunt, be honest... let me know what you think. This is the ONLY league I do. Had the #4 pick...
QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Lesean McCoy
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- Desean Jackson
WR- Miles Austin
TE- Jimmy Graham
K- Garrett Hartley
DEF- Houston Texans
BN- Philip Rivers
BN- Jonathan Stewart
BN- Toby Gerhart
BN- Andrew Luck
BN- Ben Tate
BN- Rashad Jennings

B minus of a draft

Heavy loaded on RB, despite having two clear number 1 RBs
Super thin on WR - Miles Austin already having hamstring problems and I'm not a fan of Jordy Nelson
Luck and Manning should have been enough to get you through the season, don't understand the Rivers pick

10 teams.

Couldn't believe I was able to get Jones-Drew at #17, or Graham at #24.

Miles Austin also dropped to me.

Rivers is a depth pick and will be used in a trade.

Yeah you're probably right I could definitely use more WR depth, even one backup :lol:... it's just when I was picking there were so many more RBs I liked than WRs. That FootballGuys.com Team Rater said I had a 80% chance of making the playoffs. :lol: :nthat:

Last edited:
so I made that trade for Bush Sneaker...

traded ShonnGreen/GregLittle for IsaacRedman/MichaelBush

justtt found out about Redmans MRI after he accepted... smh, still happy tho... ill scoop rainey if need be

Back
Top Bottom