2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I have the #4 Pick, Standard 10-Team League...

Do I have a shot at this?

Rd 1 (#4) - Calvin Johnson
Rd 2 (#17) - Rob Gronkowski
Rd 3 (#24) - Matthew Stafford

Or will one of those guys be sniped before I get a chance?

The whole point I'm making is that Ryan is in a better situation this season, he started off slow and really started blowing up in the latter-half of the season. Which is also where he closed the gap between he and the top-tier guys. I don't care what league you were in, he finished top-10 in scoring amongst all players in '11 in >99% of leagues.

How can you justify Matt Ryan being in a better situation, fantasy wise this season then Matthew Stafford?

Ryan has a diminishing O-Line in front of him, Turner who is on the decline, and two great wide receivers. But the problem rests with how inconsistent Ryan is. Atlanta also has a pretty tough schedule this year.

Stafford has the most elite, sure thing weapon in the NFL in CJ. It's virtually impossible to consistently shut him down, Stafford had an elite year last year, and there is NO reason he doesn't do it again or better.

Here is my take for TE's. If someone is dumb enough in my league to use a 1st round or early 2nd rd pick on a TE and I can't get my hands on Gronk or Graham, i'm waiting a few rounds for Gates. If not - I'm waiting till round 8-12 for Fred Davis, Tammee, or waiting even later for guys like Cook, Fleener or Kyle Rudolph.

TE is solid this year but there is a lot of good value late. Don't panic.

That wouldn't be early second though, it'd be one of the last picks in the second round.

And yeah, in your mind you're saying "Whoa, I'm drafting a TE in Round 2"... but how many receivers or RBs can you draft in any round that can get you somewhere from 13-15 TDs like Gronk can?

Doing an auction league for a 2nd straight year, did terrible last year. Any good websites that are auction league centric for advice, mocks, etc?

rate my team
dont make fun of me, im a newb :frown:
30ka9mr.png

solid team, I'd suggest getting a better defense, Lions are swiss cheese in the secondary

That wouldn't be early second though, it'd be one of the last picks in the second round.
And yeah, in your mind you're saying "Whoa, I'm drafting a TE in Round 2"... but how many receivers or RBs can you draft in any round that can get you somewhere from 13-15 TDs like Gronk can?

I understand that Gronk and Graham are anomalies. I had Gronk last year, drafted him in like the 15th round.

They put out efforts larger than WR and get targeted more, especially in the red zone. I'm still a bit weary taking one of those guys sooo high just because defenses will scheme around them, sort of like the Giants did with Gronk in the Super Bowl, even though he was hurt.

We will see cloud defense around TE's

I definitely like McCoy over Rice. Rice has taken a pounding in his division and has had way more carries than McCoy in his career.

How can you justify Matt Ryan being in a better situation, fantasy wise this season then Matthew Stafford?
Ryan has a diminishing O-Line in front of him, Turner who is on the decline, and two great wide receivers. But the problem rests with how inconsistent Ryan is. Atlanta also has a pretty tough schedule this year.
Stafford has the most elite, sure thing weapon in the NFL in CJ. It's virtually impossible to consistently shut him down, Stafford had an elite year last year, and there is NO reason he doesn't do it again or better.

Who said anything about Ryan being in a better situation that Stafford?

I was referring to Ryan being in a better situation than he was in last season (with a shortened training-camp, an injured Julio and a slow-starting Roddy).

:smh: hate when people take me out of context.

I like Lesean McCoy over Ray Rice... anyone disagree?

it's tough........I love Shady but I have to give the edge to Rice. Superior O-line play and an offense that is basically predicated on him makes me feel he has a lil bit of an edge.

But really you can't go wrong either way.

ok need a teem evaluation... basically it comes down to how good/bad Romo is?

its a yahoo standard pro league for a hunnit spot.

QB- Tony Romo

WR- Greg Jennings

WR- Marques "Thee God" Colston

WR- Dez "SmackmyMomma" Bryant

RB- Shady Mccoy

RB- Commons Twin

TE- Jermichael Finley

K- Robbie Gould

DEF- Detroit

BN- Shonn Green (RB)

BN- Reggie Wayne (WR)

BN- Greg Little (WR)

BN- Jay Cutler (QB

BN- Coby Fleener (TE)

BN- David Wilson (RB)

I wanna trade Romo/Dez/ShonGreene for AROD/Brady and some fillers and scoop titus young off waivers

if they dont bite and I go after Brees... jus romo/dez? 

regarding D/ST, my advice to you guys is to go the streaming route. no reason to draft a defense early, especially when they've got tough match-ups where they're bound to give up scores.

your best bet is filling up on position guys and then playing match-ups, significantly tougher to do in deeper leagues but it works for me. plus it'll only be a matter of time 'til an owner has to drop one of those hot defenses for a bye week (unless everyone in your league insists on carrying two D/STs)

ok need a teem evaluation... basically it comes down to how good/bad Romo is?

its a yahoo standard pro league for a hunnit spot.

QB- Tony Romo
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Marques "Thee God" Colston
WR- Dez "SmackmyMomma" Bryant
RB- Shady Mccoy
RB- Commons Twin
TE- Jermichael Finley
K- Robbie Gould
DEF- Detroit

BN- Shonn Green (RB)
BN- Reggie Wayne (WR)
BN- Greg Little (WR)
BN- Jay Cutler (QB
BN- Coby Fleener (TE)
BN- David Wilson (RB)

I wanna trade Romo/Dez/ShonGreene for AROD/Brady and some fillers and scoop titus young off waivers

if they dont bite and I go after Brees... jus romo/dez? 

who the **** is common's twin? matt forte? :lol:

anyways, solid team.

I wouldn't give up all that for AROD or Brady however, Greene would be a solid RB2 if Forte or McCoy go down and trading him would leave you perilously thin at RB. Dez could very well breakout big time this season, dude has all the upside in the world and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he finished top-5 amongst fantasy receivers.

You're fine with Romo/Cutler, don't split hairs.

If you want Titus I'd drop Little or Fleener for him. I like Fleener, I really do, but I think his upside will be capped with Dwayne Allen in the fold. Likewise I'm not sure that Little is the guy to own in that Browns receiver core, Josh Gordon could very well be the guy.

I like Titus a lot more than both and both he and Ryan Broyles should see solid production in Detroit.

Don't get to anxious to start trading, let the pre-season run its course. Never trade for the sake of trading, that's just foolish. Having a top-3 QB is nice, but you'd be sacrificing depth at very volatile position (RB).

The one trade I would suggest you make is for Michael Bush.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd try to package Shonn Greene (who I think will continue being a fantasy bust) with Colston for a WR. That Saints offense has always turned me off...if it's not Graham or Brees, I'd be hesitant.

who the **** is common's twin? matt forte?
laugh.gif

anyways, solid team.
I wouldn't give up all that for AROD or Brady however, Greene would be a solid RB2 if Forte or McCoy go down and trading him would leave you perilously thin at RB. Dez could very well breakout big time this season, dude has all the upside in the world and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he finished top-5 amongst fantasy receivers.
You're fine with Romo/Cutler, don't split hairs.
If you want Titus I'd drop Little or Fleener for him. I like Fleener, I really do, but I think his upside will be capped with Dwayne Allen in the fold. Likewise I'm not sure that Little is the guy to own in that Browns receiver core, Josh Gordon could very well be the guy.
I like Titus a lot more than both and both he and Ryan Broyles should see solid production in Detroit.
Don't get to anxious to start trading, let the pre-season run its course. Never trade for the sake of trading, that's just foolish. Having a top-3 QB is nice, but you'd be sacrificing depth at very volatile position (RB).
The one trade I would suggest you make is for Michael Bush.
im a compulsive trader... at the end of the year ill have held onto maybe 5 of my OG players usually lol but i dunno how receptive ppl will be in these pro leagues... first guys hot my offer down for brady quick fast and innna hurry hah i may sit tight...

i like how this team looks but in the league where i got first pick and Arod i think i like my chances slightlyyyy more, would love to have Arod/Brady or Brees in all my leagues or to a slightly lesser extent id be cool with Cam... this team should have Mike Vick but dude super reached to block me. but then drafted Demarious Thomas before Wes Welker so the dude with brady got him and WW yuckkk

your right tho, i wanna get Bush but dude that took him took him jus to trade to me and is targeting one of my wrs i wanna keep so thats prolly not getting done... heres hopin all that money keeps forte healthy

Last edited:
Just drafted my other money league team last night, had the 10th pick in a 10-team league. I think I did pretty decent:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - MJD
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
TE - Vernon Davis
FLEX - DeSean Jackson
D/ST - 49ers
K - David Akers

Bench:

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB - LaGarrette Blount
RB - David Wilson
RB - Rashard Mendenhall
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Michael Crabtree
WR - Randy Moss

If you can't tell, I'm a 49ers fan :pimp:

ahh speaking of Ryan Broyles....

Rookie Ryan Broyles is expected to be the No. 4 receiver "at best" this season.
According to ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert, the second-rounder has been limited by "residual soreness" in his surgically repaired knee during training camp. Behind Nate Burleson and Titus Young on the depth chart, Broyles is unlikely to make an impact before Halloween.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 14 - 4:24 PM

Titus Young's arrow is pointing upward. His fantasy value just keeps going upwards.

Just drafted my other money league team last night, had the 10th pick in a 10-team league. I think I did pretty decent:
QB - Peyton Manning
RB - MJD
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
TE - Vernon Davis
FLEX - DeSean Jackson
D/ST - 49ers
K - David Akers
Bench:
QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB - LaGarrette Blount
RB - David Wilson
RB - Rashard Mendenhall
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Michael Crabtree
WR - Randy Moss
If you can't tell, I'm a 49ers fan :pimp:

axe Mendenhall he'll have zero fantasy value this season. the steelers aren't simply going to hand him over the starting job when he'll be back, he'll have to work from behind Redman, Dwyer and Rainey. That's a pretty tall lader to climb. He'll be starting the season on the PUP list making him ineligible to play for six games. He can barely even make cuts right now. Dude is cooked.

Don't like Crabtree, too many mouths to feed in Frisco. Alex Smith isn't Drew Brees.

Keep Randy, he's a nice lotto-ticket with big play ability if you must absolutely have a Frisco WR.

Not bad, but I'm not wild about your team. MJD Is a holdout, who knows when he reports and how he'll play this season (look at what happened with Chris Johnson last season). I do love the Julio Jones pick, might end up being the 2nd best WR in all of the NFL this season....

Really the major concern here is your RB depth, not wild about Gore either as that backfield is super crowded. Not a lot of upside there with your backs. I love David Wilson but as long as he can't pass-block proficiently he'll live in Coughlin's dog house for all of eternity. It'll be a RBBC at best by seasons end.

Blount might start the season in a RBBC with Martin, but I'd bet the house that Martin ends up supplanting him and becomes the every down back by mid-season. He's far too explosive and versatile to be playing 2nd fiddle to Blount. You don't trade up to get a 2nd, 1st round pick to draft a RB if you're pleased with the incumbent.

Last edited:
Are you guys not concerned about MJD holding out? Especially if it really drags, you dont see it potentially being like Chris Johnson's situation last yr?

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Exactly, I drafted CJ last yr and got burned. I dont think Maurice will have that kind of yr but I would still be hesistant to take him in the 1st round.

Last edited:
Are you guys not concerned about MJD holding out? Especially if it really drags, you dont see it potentially being like Chris Johnson's situation last yr?

edit:
Quote:

Exactly, I drafted CJ last yr and got burned. I dont think Maurice will have that kind of yr but I would still be hesistant to take him in the 1st round.

I wasn't touching him in the first round in the first place. At some point even his production will suffer in that supremely-stagnant Jaguars offense, and while he had a high yardage output last season, the lack of redzone visits hurt his TD total (1600 yards but only had 8 TDs, thats not right....)

I HIGHLY doubt that even if he weren't holding out, he'd repeat the same yardage output again this season, so I wasn't high on him at his current ADP before the holdout. Now? He's not even worth a 2nd-round pick to me. Here's why....

When Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew shows up to Jaguars' training camp, the Pro Bowler will not immediately jump to the top of the depth chart. Head coach Mike Mularkey spoke to reports following practice today and explained why he came to that decision,

"I think it would be a disservice to put him in if he was not prepared. It would be a health risk to do that. If he’s not prepared it’s not going to help us offensively and it’s not going to help our team if he’s not ready to go at full strength. I will never put our team in jeopardy of being in that position."

I'd pick up Rashad Jennings if I were an MJD owner.

For those who aren't MJD owners, I'd avoid him like the plague. Unless he drops out of the 2nd round I just can't justify spending a high draft pick on such a big question mark. The guy is holding out, has over 900 carries in the past 3 seasons, and has had knee issues in the past. That's a lot of negatives for a guy being taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds....

Back
Top Bottom