2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

best website for daily updates?

had my first of 3 drafts yesterday... 12 man league... I had the 7th pick and got stuck with MJD :smh:. I really really did not want him but at the 7th pick I knew I could get the QB I wanted in the second round (Stafford or Vick, ended up with Stafford)

Just had my first draft of the season. Ihad the 7th pick in a 12 man league. Do you guys think I Should I stick with Matt Ryan as my starting QB or should I trade for another QB?

is Eli manning gonna be good this season? i picked him :frown: :smh:

He's never thrown for more than 30 TDs, and considering his recent production I think that's a bit of an anomaly. If his receivers can stay healthy I see no reason why he can't have a 4500-35 TD campaign (he had 4933 and 29 TDs last season with a receiver core that was in a state of perpetual disarray, granted that disarray led to the explosion of Victor Cruz and gave him a shot to shine).

He's got the weapons around him to sustain that sort of success and even improve on it. He finished 7th amongst all-fantasy scorers last season (non-ppr) and 6th amongst all fantasy QBs (the only non-QBs in the top-10 were Ray Rice and LeSean McCoy).

So yeah, you'll be fine. :lol: This dude worrying about Eli. YOU GOT ARIAN "THE VEGETARIAN BARBARIAN" FOSTER, you should be ecstatic. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

Just had my first draft of the season. Ihad the 7th pick in a 12 man league. Do you guys think I Should I stick with Matt Ryan as my starting QB or should I trade for another QB?

you should be fine with Ryan. People are too down on him, in the latter half of the season he really turned it up last year. He has the weapons, he has the ability, and with one of the easier schedules in the league....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56896/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule

...he should really have a break-out season.

People drafting soon would be wise to pick up Kevin Smith and Evan Royster late in their drafts, (not too late as both of their respective ADPs are on the rise)....

Both are looking like they'll be starting for their respective teams (Lions and 'Skins) and both have the potential to be decent RB3/Flex options with RB2 upside.

If for some reason either are chilling on your league's waiver-wire (the other 9-15 owners in your league live in a cave devoid of wi-fi), run, don't walk and claim 'em before somebody else does. Free starting RB? Sign me up....

Also, Chris Ivory is probably not going to make the final 53 for the Saints. He's a violent runner, capable of putting up respectable RB3/Flex numbers and also has RB2 upside. If he hits the open market, I fully expect the Lions, Chargers, and the Raiders to kick the tires. At this point however, he's nothing more than a name to remember.

Last edited:
I agree, but 3rd round pick is also high. Im debating it.

Yo, Buc Em said two pages ago Julio Jones has a potential sophomore slump looming... now after one preseason game he's going to have a bigger season than ANYONE on the Falcons. :lol:

Just drafted today and wondering what do you guys think of my draft. It's a 10 person league and I had the ninth pick.

Palmer isn't even a viable QB1 in a 14-teamer. I don't see the conundrum here, you have Julio who is arguably a top-5 fantasy receiver or a guy who has a pillow for an arm....
Julio dude, Julio....

My only problem is.. J. Jones worth a 3rd round pick being given up?

Only reason I would keep Palmer is as a QB2 in round 13

Sneaker, don't you think that Brady and Rodgers are worth taking in the first round, even the Top 5... but other than that, nobody else?

I can SORT OF see what you're saying, but it's not so much that you're passing on a top flight RB as it is you're passing on a position (RB) that is EXTREMELY PRONE to getting season-ending injuries. Just think of Charles last year with the injures, or how much hype Ray Rice and Shonn Greene got in 2010 when they both did NOTHING. Elite QBs... Rodgers, Brady, maaaaybe Brees, and Manning in every year but this, don't get hurt, and put up points. You don't ever have to worry about the QB position if you got one of those guys since 2009 (excluding the fluke Peyton situation last year).

The risk with RBs (hype train like Ray Rice/Shonn Greene in 2010, or injuries such as Jamaal Charles in 2011) is too high for me if I have a chance at Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

I won leagues last year with Stafford as a QB in one league and Matt Ryan in the other. Also took 2nd place with Fitzpatrick as Q. With today's NFL your QB will get you the points you need. The key is and always has been your RB's. Whether you draft your key running backs and they last all year or they get hurt and you pick up an FA further down on the radar that produces down the stretch...I understand QB is more consistent and what not, but the key is ALWAYS the RB spots. NT loves rankings...Well, you can win a fantasy league by having 1 of the top 20..TWENTY!, QB's in the league. Not so with RB's.

Last edited:
Yo, Buc Em said two pages ago Julio Jones has a potential sophomore slump looming... now after one preseason game he's going to have a bigger season than ANYONE on the Falcons. :lol:

I saw what I needed to see :lol:. But when I said that I was just stating it COULD happen and that was one of the reasons why I was questioning drafting him with my first pick in my keeper league. There was like 20 other guys I named too so it wasn't like I was just focusing on him.

I saw what I needed to see :lol:. But when I said that I was just stating it COULD happen and that was one of the reasons why I was questioning drafting him with my first pick in my keeper league. There was like 20 other guys I named too so it wasn't like I was just focusing on him.

So are you saying J. Jones is worth a 3rd round draft pick? In a 14 man league.

So are you saying J. Jones is worth a 3rd round draft pick? In a 14 man league.

He's arguably worth a (late) 2nd rounder in a 14-teamer. He's THAT good. The fact that people can't see that he not Roddy is the guy to own for the Falcons now just helps further his value considering the fact that he's going after Roddy.

Consider this,
Julio Jones says he feels at a "10" on a 1-10 scale right now.
Due to pre-draft foot surgery, the lockout, ex-coordinator Mike Mularkey's run-first offense and hamstring issues, Jones says he was only at a "five or six" last season. He still posted 54 catches for 959 yards and eight touchdowns in just 13 games. "I feel 100 percent," Jones said Tuesday. "I know the playbook. Matt and I are on the same page. I have high expectations." The ceiling here is massive. Aug 8 - 11:44 AM

coupled with this....

SI's Peter King says 5,000 passing yards for Matt Ryan is "very realistic."
As King notes, "the handcuffs are off" Ryan in Dirk Koetter's offense. The Falcons have shifted to an up-tempo, aggressive, vertical offense that will ride or die with their quarterback. Ryan shouldn't have a problem blowing past his previous season-high of 4,177 passing yards, set last season. In Julio Jones, Roddy White, Harry Douglas and Tony Gonzalez, Ryan has an elite set of weapons. Aug 13 - 9:56 AM

So is an all-world talent worth a 3rd rounder? YES, HELL ******G YES. You guys don't want Julio? Pass him over here. :lol:.

Last edited:
Sneaker, don't you think that Brady and Rodgers are worth taking in the first round, even the Top 5... but other than that, nobody else?
I can SORT OF see what you're saying, but it's not so much that you're passing on a top flight RB as it is you're passing on a position (RB) that is EXTREMELY PRONE to getting season-ending injuries. Just think of Charles last year with the injures, or how much hype Ray Rice and Shonn Greene got in 2010 when they both did NOTHING. Elite QBs... Rodgers, Brady, maaaaybe Brees, and Manning in every year but this, don't get hurt, and put up points. You don't ever have to worry about the QB position if you got one of those guys since 2009 (excluding the fluke Peyton situation last year).
The risk with RBs (hype train like Ray Rice/Shonn Greene in 2010, or injuries such as Jamaal Charles in 2011) is too high for me if I have a chance at Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

You're just furthering my point,

QB, should be a source of stability and consistency for your team. QB also happens to be the least of my concerns regarding injuries because

A) They rarely happen

&

B) The depth of the position, I can grab high-upside guys like Eli, Romo, Matt Ryan, Rivers, RG3 after securing my top-flight RB/WRs.

RB, volatile position, which just further increases the importance of locking up that reliable RB1.

So shouldn't you stock up at the RB position? I mean if anything the volatility of the position justifies taking at least two backs in the first three rounds. Playing the waiver-wire game in hopes of replacing your RB1 or RB2 is a game most are likely to lose. You can get reliable QBs deep into drafts.

Last edited:
He's arguably worth a (late) 2nd rounder in a 14-teamer. He's THAT good. The fact that people can't see that he not Roddy is the guy to own for the Falcons now just helps further his value considering the fact that he's going after Roddy.
Consider this,
coupled with this....
So is an all-world talent worth a 3rd rounder? YES, HELL ******G YES. You guys don't want Julio? Pass him over here. :lol:.

Well taken. I will be keeping him. Thank you.

Which brings me to my next point,

nobody expected Cam to be a top fantasy option last season (he broke records, first player in NFL HISTORY to have 4000+ yards passing, 10 + rush TD's in a single season, first player in NFL history to have 4,000+ yards passing and 500+ rushing yards in a single season). Oh yeah he also recorded the greatest rookie QB season ever in NFL history....

nobody expected Stafford to be a top fantasy option last season (he broke records, ended the season with 5,038 passing yards, good for 5th most all-time and 41 TDs, good for 7th most all-time). He's also the first QB in NFL history to throw for 1500 yards and 14 TDs over a 4-game span. He did that between weeks 14-17 (fantasy playoff time).

nobody expect Eli to be a top fantasy option last season (he broke records, ended the season with 4,933 passing yards, good for 6th most all-time). He also continued putting up stellar yardage by shattering the record for most yards thrown in a single post-season. That's just a couple of the records he broke last season....

See a pattern? Ready for some De Ja Vu?

Nobody expects Matt Ryan to be a top fantasy option this season, he can very well throw for ~5,000 yards, 30+ TDs this season.

Nobody expects Tony Romo to be a top fantasy option this season, he can very well throw for ~5,000 yards, 30+ TDs this season.

Nobody STILL expects Eli :smile:lol :smh:, dudes not going to convinced until Eli **** around and start breaking his brother's records, he already threw for more passing yards than Peyton EVER did in a single-season) to be a top fantasy option this season, he can very well throw for ~5,000 yards, 30+ TDs this season.

Get the point? This is turning into a pass-heavy league. These gaudy numbers are no longer going to be the exception, they'll soon be the norm. Soon as in, like right now.....Why take Drew Brees early when you can get similar production 3 rounds later?

Last edited:
I'll say this, the ONLY guy I see being the exception to my rule is this......

Aaron Rodgers. Don't let the signing of Ced Benson fool you, this team is devoid of a running-game. He's in the same ballpark as Ryan Grant. The Saints and Patriots? Well those boys got some pretty good run-games actually (Saints finished 6th in rushing yards and 7th in rushing TDs last season while the Patriots finished 3rd in rushing TDs last season).....

Which means Brady and Brees' production will be capped by their respective team's run-games. Rodgers has no such run-game to vulture his TDs (Ced Benson/Alex Green/James Starks??? uhhh...:lol:).

What I'm saying is........Aaron Rodgers may enjoy the GREATEST STATISTICAL SEASON A QUARTERBACK HAS EVER SEEN. Goodbye record book.

He's the ONLY QB I'd consider taking in the first round. Brady, Brees, Stafford? Nah thanks, I'm cool, I'll wait on Eli, Romo, Vick, Ryan etc.....

And no I'm not saying that those other guys (Brady and Brees) aren't as good as Rodgers, but considering the circumstances, Rodgers' arm might fall off by seasons end. I'll say it again, GOODBYE RECORD BOOK.

Last edited:
Quick Trade Advice: In a Yahoo standard scoring league, would you trade away Darren McFadden to receive Darren Sproles and Aaron Hernandez?

For more background, I currently have Jared Cook at TE. RBs are Ray Rice, McFadden, Gore, and Fred Jackson. Yes, I stacked and hoarded.

Yes, you take that trade and don't look back. Sproles is arguably just as valuable as DMC in PPR (well maybe not as valuable considering the fact that DMC has top-5 RB upside). But the fact that he hasn't (Sproles) missed a game in 4 seasons just speaks volumes for his reliability.

I LOVE DMC and his upside but I think his PPR value is capped because of Palmer, plus you have to be weary about his injury-proneness.

Oh yeah and that Aaron Hernandez guy? Not too shabby. >D. He's only a top-5 TE with all-world ability. I'm sure Jared Cook can put up similar numbers with Jake Locker :lol:....>D

Last edited:
Found out I got the third pick in my 10 team start 2 QB and 2 DEF league, drafting next Monday.

Taking Brees, Brady or Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom