2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

^ definitely keep Julio, I think he's going to have a bigger season than anyone on the Falcons. You'll still be able to get Palmer somewhere in the draft.

Im in a 10 team league, PPR + bonuses

I know almost for a fact picks 1-3 will be Brady, Brees, Rodgers in no specific order. Im sitting at #4

Do I go for Cam/Stafford or a RB?

i got a draft tonight and have 1st pick.....need help.....I was thinking QB (Brady Or Rodgers) but every one has been saying get a top RB cause a good QB will be around 2nd round and there is only a few elite RBs

id wait till at least the 3rd round to get a QB unless its a big league, then go 2nd

Whats Up NT,
I am in a keeper league on yahoo.
My question is basically I know I am keeping Rob Gronk this year again, but my 2nd choice is a little tougher. It's a 14 man real competitive league.
Should I keep Julio Jones (5th round pick last year) and give up a 3rd round pick
OR
Should I keep Carson Palmer (15th round pick last year) and give up a 13th round pick....
Im leaning towards Palmer, but Jones might have a break-out season this year.

Palmer isn't even a viable QB1 in a 14-teamer. I don't see the conundrum here, you have Julio who is arguably a top-5 fantasy receiver or a guy who has a pillow for an arm....

Julio dude, Julio....

*sigh* People just seem stuck on taking QB in the first. As if guys like Vick, Romo, Eli, Ryan, Rivers, RG3 etc can't be had rounds later. Yeah so what if 5 out of the 10 top scoring players in fantasy (non-ppr) last season were QBs whose ADP was nowhere near the top-10.

Yeah, gotta get that surefire stud QB or else you're ******. SMH....

Listen you can square away your RB situation early by grabbing an RB1 in the first or you can play the lotto-ticket game (which you're likely going to lose). Yeah injuries always happen, blah blah blah. Guess what? While you're starting Isaiah Pead and Daniel Thomas in week 13, I'll have LeSean McCoy and Marshawn Lynch and I'll still have a guy like Tony Romo with RG3 backing him up.

Enjoy Tom Brady.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaders

Take a look at that list, really reconsider the QB in the first thing. How many lotto-ticket RBs or WRs made the top-30 in scoring? ZERO. Yeah....While I'm seeing QBs that went un-drafted in standard 12-teamers monopolize that top-30. HMMMM.....Don't think ANYONE was touting Stafford or Cam as a top-10 pick last season....Yet they won their owners championships.

Listen Cam? Stafford? Brady? Brees? Rodgers? ALL studs, but their ADP is through the roof, when it comes to fantasy the mantra has always been "you don't win championships drafting guys at their peak value". The exception being that bellcow RB1, you have a better chance landing a viable QB than a viable RB over the course of the season.

I don't understand why people think it's the opposite when the numbers say otherwise. The proof is right there....G'luck fishing for this seasons DeMarco Murray or Michael Bush (or Victor Cruz or Jordy Nelson for that matter). I'll chill over here in the cut and look around for this seasons Stafford, Cam, or Eli Manning (who had a 7th round ADP last season and finished in the top-10 amongst all fantasy scorers).

Last edited:
^I use that conventional wisdom in all my 12-team leagues. But what about in a 16 team league? When do I cave in and take a qb?? Romo will likely be gone by around the 3rd-5th round.

Also does it ever occur to you folks as each season passes everyone as a whole gets a whole lot savvier? EVERYONE is looking for that top-flight lotto-ticket RB or WR this season which is why guys like David WIlson and Isaiah Pead are being DRAFTED. Likewise guys looking for this years Jordy or Cruz are already snatching up guys like Randall Cobb.

That sleeper stud you're hoping for? Already owned, yeah.....

Guys like Ronnie Hillman, Robert Turbin, Alex Green, and pretty much every rookie RB/WR in line for a backup spot is getting snatched up in hopes of owning that next sleeper stud. So relying on the waiver-wire for those studs will be harder than ever.

Just food for thought for you "I MUST GRAB A QB IN THE FIRST ZOMG!!!!" types.

Last edited:
^I use that conventional wisdom in all my 12-team leagues. But what about in a 16 team league? When do I cave in and take a qb?? Romo will likely be gone by around the 3rd-5th round.

Yes because Stafford was being taken as a QB1 last season.

Listen my point is EVERYONE has a better chance at landing a QB1 late than an RB1 or WR1 late. Regardless of league size.

Take Big Ben and pair him with a high-upside QB2 like Luck or Dalton.

All I know is there's a better chance of me getting a viable QB1 off the waiver-wire than a RB1 or a WR1.

Last edited:
So, you're saying I shouldn't go QB, eh?

IMHO, no. I don't think anyone should invest a first-round pick on a QB. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned (taking a QB in the first was unheard of a few years ago) but I just can't justify taking a QB in the first.

That said I tried it last season (had Brady) and it worked but my RBs were dropping like flies, if not for Welker and Gronkowski I would have probably lost that league. By week 17 my RBs were Michael Turner, Roy Helu and Khalil Bell (thankfully they were fairly productive but maaaan....>D). It was a DISASTER at RB. TERRRRRIBLE.

Last edited:
Heathen preachin' truth.

I've gone RB, RB, RB in ALL my mocks due to all the idiots stacking up on QBs early. WR to me is deep this year so it's whatever.

Listen if McCoy, Rice and Foster are gone then maybe I'd tell you guys to consider taking a QB (or you can be like me in that situation and take Megatron ;)), but settling on Cam or Stafford cuz Rodgers, Brady and Brees are gone is foolish. Why follow stat quo? Cuz 3 other dudes in your league are set at QB?

Take the RB (or Megatron).

Last edited:
I advise people to definitely take a late round flyer on Tiquan Underwood. He's been showing out in camp and dusted Vontae Davis a couple times in the first preseason game. His college coach also happens to be the Bucs new head coach and he trained with Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. I doubt he's even on the radar for most people, so you'll probably easily be able to get him. Mike Williams is also in awesome shape and really playing great right now too. You could probably scoop him up fairly easy too this year in one of the middle rounds. As for Preston Parker, I wouldn't feel good drafting him if I was any of you. V-Jax, Mike Will, Underwood and possibly Benn when he comes back could all end up ahead of him on the depth chart. Plus there's Doug Martin and Dallas Clark to throw those check downs to this year instead of Parker.

I advise people to definitely take a late round flyer on Tiquan Underwood. He's been showing out in camp and dusted Vontae Davis a couple times in the first preseason game. His college coach also happens to be the Bucs new head coach and he trained with Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. I doubt he's even on the radar for most people, so you'll probably easily be able to get him. Mike Williams is also in awesome shape and really playing great right now too. You could probably scoop him up fairly easy too this year in one of the middle rounds. As for Preston Parker, I wouldn't feel good drafting him if I was any of you. V-Jax, Mike Will, Underwood and possibly Benn when he comes back could all end up ahead of him on the depth chart. Plus there's Doug Martin and Dallas Clark to throw those check downs to this year instead of Parker.

agreed on mike williams he was facing double-coverage all season long, not going to happen with VJAX in the fold.

Freeman has lost weight and should be a bit more mobile in (and out) of the pocket, should give him a lil more time to get off those throws. This all bodes well for Mike Williams' fantasy prospects. Considering his current ADP he's a value and should make a viable flex/possible WR3 in standard/ppr 12-team leagues.

Not so enthusiastic about Underwood, let's see how Freeman does (produces) with two viable receivers in VJAX and Williams before touting guys who are still battling for roster spots.

I see you're not too worried about the Bucs' fantasy prospects this season :lol:. In any case I think Doug Martin will for SURE set the world afire this season (ohh hey Blount, oh NOW you wanna run huh? ****** bum). I also like Freeman as a high-upside QB2, could take a lot of people by surprise this season.

Last edited:
Listen my point is EVERYONE has a better chance at landing a QB1 late than an RB1 or WR1 late. Regardless of league size.

Take Big Ben and pair him with a high-upside QB2 like Luck or Dalton.

All I know is there's a better chance of me getting a viable QB1 off the waiver-wire than a RB1 or a WR1.
All good points. Cheers.

But in my 16 team league, I probably will just be rolling with 1 QB, no back up, since we only have 4 bench spots.

All good points. Cheers.

But in my 16 team league, I probably will just be rolling with 1 QB, no back up, since we only have 4 bench spots.

Ah well, then you're facing some rather dire circumstances. In which case QB NEEDS to be your most reliable/high-volume producer.

In that case, then yes you need to take a long-hard look at the top-5 QBs. After that however, maaaan (taking Romo or Vick in the first? *shudder*...)

Let me know if the league you're in is ever looking for a new owner, sounds fun (4 bench spots? sign me up....love a good ol' fashioned battle of attrition).

G'luck.

Last edited:
I'm tellin you, Blount is going to have a pretty good year. He's in the best shape of his life and actually has someone pushing him now. He even showed he could block and catch passes the other night. But in all honesty, not even I know how Schiano plans on using the two of them so I can't say which one is going to have the bigger year. Should be a big year for both of them though. You're going to get great value for Blount too, I don't think he's going until like the 5th or 6th round in most drafts.

I'm tellin you, Blount is going to have a pretty good year. He's in the best shape of his life and actually has someone pushing him now. He even showed he could block and catch passes the other night. But in all honesty, not even I know how Schiano plans on using the two of them so I can't say which one is going to have the bigger year. Should be a big year for both of them though. You're going to get great value for Blount too, I don't think he's going until like the 5th or 6th round in most drafts.

Way later actually.....His ADP for 12-teamers is around the 8th/9th I believe.

Good value if the Bucs do intend to use him as their 3rd down back, should get his fair share of goal-line carries, should be a decent flex most weeks.

But I'd curb my expectations with Ray Rice 2.0 the heir apparent chillin in the cut.....

Doug Martin. The kid could very well be better than Trent Richardson (and that by no means is a bash on Trent who is a TREMENDOUS talent in his own right, his knee and stagnant Browns offense is a concern however). The more I watch Doug Martin, the more complete he looks. He just has "it". Plus the Bucs should have a better offense all-around this season (VJAX and Martin make a HUGE difference and really open things up for Freeman to operate) which just makes me like Martin even more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom