2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I have a league going (20 dollar buy in). Looking for a few more spots to fill. PM me if interested! :smile:

Last edited:
draft this sunday, $20 buy in.

dont know jack about football.

anyone got links to plyer rankings and what not

draft this sunday, $20 buy in.
dont know jack about football.
anyone got links to plyer rankings and what not

yahoo or espn? 10 team? 12 team? 14?

ppr?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40868/57/silvas-pre-camp-top-150 (He's got an interesting point of view, a lot of it I disagree with but he brings a fresh perspective and on certain guys I think he's spot on. His QB rankings are immensely impractical however....)

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2K12ranksPPR (basic ESPN ppr rankings)

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ppr-cheatsheets.php (standard scoring)

Though I'd say most rankings are a bit pre-mature, once the pre-season comes, we'll see where certain guys are in their development and we'll also see the usual rash of injuries. You draft this Sunday so these will have to do.

its yahoo 10man no idea on the scoring

10 man? not an auction draft right?

I'll say this, I'd avoid going QB early. It's tempting to lock up that stud QB, but RBs go fast, especially on Yahoo.

Is it the standard yahoo QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/D-ST/K 5 bench slot format?

More info you can provide more input people can give.

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

its head to head

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
its head to head

Ah 3 WR huh?....Not a huge fan of 3 WR, I'd rather a flex but in any case....

A lot of it will have to do with where you draft, say you got a mid-late 1st round pick and guys like Foster, McCoy, Rice and Mathews are all off the board, you're left with say Megatron, Brees, CJ2K, MJD, DMC, Cam, Trent Richardson, Gronk and Graham as possible choices....

Since it's 3 WR I'd go Mega all day in that situation, somewhere in the first three rounds you're going to need a solid WR1. I feel like you can wait on QB and get a solid option after you've solidified your skill-positions.

You don't absolutely NEED to go RB in the first round, but you need a solid RB1 and those are usually dried up by round 3.....

I'd go RB/WR or WR/RB first. I wouldn't think about drafting a QB till around 4-6th rounds, depending on how they're being drafted.

TE is deep this season, guys like Fred Davis, Jared Cook, Jacob Tamme, Brandon Pettigrew etc, all have high-upside and are all break-out candidates. Kyle Rudolph and Coby Fleener are also a couple guys to consider. I just don't think going TE early is justifiable unless you're playing in a 2 TE league...

Really though you have to be flexible, anything can happen come draft day. I've seen mocks where people go on an absolute RB blitzkrieg, I've also seen mocks where WRs fly off the board (especially because of yahoo's 3 WR standard setting).

The best way to prepare is do 12-team Yahoo mocks till you feel you've encountered enough scenarios to be ready for draft day.

Last edited:
Why is Trent Richardson ADP seem like late 1st early 2nd? :nerd:

I don't think he's going to have that great of a season...

thanks for the tip on the mock drafts, def gonna do that and get some practice in

Well he's projected to have ~350 carries this season, so he's basically the Browns entire offense until Weeden, Josh Gordon and Greg Little get it going....

His ADP is a bit rich, I agree. But with the sheer volume of carries he'll be getting he's going to produce, he doesn't have to share the backfield or goal-line work like some of the other RBs going near the same ADP (Charles & Forte namely). So I see why people are high on him....

But my thing is this, people are under the impression that he's as fresh as a daisy, and healthier than the other options at that ADP (Charles, DMC, DeMarco Murray, Forte etc) and he's really not...
Browns rookie RB Trent Richardson could be held out of Friday's preseason opener due to soreness in his surgically repaired knee.
Richardson spent Tuesday's practice on the exercise bike, sporting a sleeve over the knee that required a scope in February. The No. 3 overall pick will undergo an MRI, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports it's not believed to be serious. "He's been practicing well," said coach Pat Shurmur. "Just a little sore." This is the first we've heard of soreness in Richardson's knee since the offseason began. Although it's premature to raise a red flag, we'll be sure to monitor his status. Aug 7 - 4:24 PM
Source: ESPN Cleveland

It's a misconception really, people are already on edge because of the fragility of the RBs outside the top 3, but Trent isn't this bullet-proof option people are making him out to be, there are some reasons for hesitation. He is a rookie RB after-all, and history is usually against rookie RBs....

I'll like him a lot more next season, when they improve that offense and get someone to help ease the load on him. A lot of carries is great, but you don't want him burning out early in his career (think Chris Johnson after his 2000 yard season, he's lost 1.6 yards on his YPC sinc and nearly flat-lined last season if not for some late-season heroics).

you're in my league though, so please reach for trent in the first....pleeeeeeeease? :D

Last edited:
A lot of good info on here regarding strategies, player evaluations, and stat comparisons. I'm also interested in joining an NT league, PM me if one is created guys.

In 3 leagues this year, first year doing more than one. Do you guys recommend trying to get the same players on multiple teams or should I diversify?

I'd say just make your team the best you can and if there's a conflict of interest, so be it. :lol:

I had Witten on one team and Eagles D on the other and needless to say, those games were stressful.

Pretty simple: Browns don't have many weapons, rookie QB, so offense will be run through him. This could be a good or bad thing, higher chance of injury and defenses will target him big time

i like to have my team name involving whoever is on the team.

sooo...depends on who you have on your squad

Anyone know of the best fantasy sites with random ppl to win money. I just wanna find a 12 man league, pay 30-40 dollars with my credit card, and receive a check in the mail once I win. I know CBS is credible but their payouts are not worth it for the cost to get in.

Last edited:
Who would you guys pick if your keepers were Brady and McCoy and the top options were Forte, DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, AJ Green, McFadden, Julio Jones, Fred Jackson, Brandon Marshall and Trent Richardson. I really do think Richardson is going to have an amazing rookie season but damn, it's hard to pick him over those other guys that have already proven they can do it and should also have good seasons. But then Forte has Michael Bush there now, Charles is coming back from an ACL tear and has Hillis behind him, Green could have a sophomore slump, McFadden gets hurt every damn year, Julio Jones is another potential soph slump, Fred Jackson is 31 coming off a broken ankle and Spiller came on at the end of the year, Murray has 7 starts to his name and not only is coming off a season ending injury but he was also injured all the time in college, and then B-Marsh could snap at any second. Trent is just about the only guy out of that group that I feel confident knowing he's DEFINITELY going to get fed the rock as many times as he can handle.

Back
Top Bottom