2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Be blunt, be honest... let me know what you think. This is the ONLY league I do. Had the #4 pick...
QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Lesean McCoy
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- Desean Jackson
WR- Miles Austin
TE- Jimmy Graham
K- Garrett Hartley
DEF- Houston Texans
BN- Philip Rivers
BN- Jonathan Stewart
BN- Toby Gerhart
BN- Andrew Luck
BN- Ben Tate
BN- Rashad Jennings

really like your team. If it's PPR you did exceptionally well, and your bench gives you a ton of room to play with. If MJD actually plays you should finish top 3 barring injuries.

If it's PPR - I'd suggest trying to trade Rivers for Sproles

D. Brees
E. Manning
P. Manning

J. Charles
D. Martin
D. McFadden
S. Vereen

V. Jackson
S. Johnson
D. Moore
T. Young

J. Gresham
R. Gronkowski

R. Bullock

Broncos

any thoughts negative or positive :nerd:

D. Brees
E. Manning
P. Manning
J. Charles
D. Martin
D. McFadden
S. Vereen
V. Jackson
S. Johnson
D. Moore
T. Young
J. Gresham
R. Gronkowski
R. Bullock
Broncos

WR very weak, you loaded up on QB and neglected WR

Zyzz: Upgrade your RB2 and don't hold two Ks. Drop Rackers for WR/RB depth. Could do better than Underwood on your bench as well. Sick username by the way. "King of Aesthetics." I'm mirin'.

JPZ: I don't see Matty sliding in any reasonable draft to #24. Stafford and Cam are both going early-to-mid second round. There's a slight chance Gronk drops to #24, but not completely likely. He's less-valued than Graham if your draft is a PPR league.

Despite my Eagles fan-hood, I'm sticking with Ray Rice as my #1 fantasy RB. Foster second, Shady third. Rice not only runs hard, shows durability, but also catches endless Flacco check-downs. Those measly six-yard gains (receptions) add up.

Stringer: Pains me to say this but definitely A. Brown. Threat in the return game similar to DeSean to an extent, but Jackson relies heavily on speed and being a deep threat. Brown has been Big Ben's favorite target in camp with Wallace out and will see a healthy amount of targets/potential receptions throughout the regular season.

Grossman: Foster (too much value at #4 but handcuff with Tate), Megatron (easily best WR in fantasy), and Matty (assuming Brady and Rodgers are gone, you plan to take Stafford over Brees)?

D. Brees
E. Manning
P. Manning

J. Charles
D. Martin
D. McFadden
S. Vereen

V. Jackson
S. Johnson
D. Moore
T. Young

J. Gresham
R. Gronkowski

R. Bullock

Broncos

3 QB's though?

I don't think any of those WR's should start. Bucs will be terrible this year.

And I really don't understand the hype around Doug Martin. Can someone learn me as to why? ADP 2nd-3rd rounds as well.

so I made that trade for Bush Sneaker...

traded ShonnGreen/GregLittle for IsaacRedman/MichaelBush

justtt found out about Redmans MRI after he accepted... smh, still happy tho... ill scoop rainey if need be

is Dwyer available? Rainey will be limited to a Sproles type 3rd down role in this offense.

Also keep tabs on Ryan Grant, he might be visiting with the Steelers soon.

Hold up, Matty Checkdown has never even eclipsed 4,200 yards passing in a season and you guys are seriously pondering a 5,000+ passing season? Atlanta could very well steal the division from NO without Payton, but 4,500 passing yards (max) and 32 TDs is more realistic for Ryan.

Titus Young could have a 1,000-yard receiving season if all goes well in Detroit.

I also like Josh Freeman to have a bounce back year in real life and fantasy. Could see him finishing just outside the top-10 QBs in scoring.

Todd Haley is probably the right man to be content with no true starting RB. Air it out every play, good news for Wallace, Brown, and Sanders owners. Also means more hits on Ben's body.

Hold up, Matty Checkdown has never even eclipsed 4,200 yards passing in a season and you guys are seriously pondering a 5,000+ passing season? Atlanta could very well steal the division from NO without Payton, but 4,500 passing yards (max) and 32 TDs is more realistic for Ryan.
Titus Young could have a 1,000-yard receiving season if all goes well in Detroit.
I also like Josh Freeman to have a bounce back year in real life and fantasy. Could see him finishing just outside the top-10 QBs in scoring.
Todd Haley is probably the right man to be content with no true starting RB. Air it out every play, good news for Wallace, Brown, and Sanders owners. Also means more hits on Ben's body.

Well Matty "Checkdown" had a shortened training-camp, an injured Julio Jones and a slow-starting Roddy White.

and he still put up career bests.

While I agree 4500 and 32 TDs seems like a more realistic ceiling, it's not his absolute ceiling. With the plethora of offensive weapons he has at his disposal, and a better rapport this season with those weapons, he can very well approach 5000 yards passing and 35+ TDs passing.

I like Freeman, and agree he should have a better season this year, but he's nothing more than a QB2 in standard 12-teamers.

I've taken a risk in many drafts/leagues thus far. Not holding a backup QB, number one. But also waiting for Rivers, Peyton, Eli, Romo, Vick, etc. later in the draft while stocking up on RB/WR depth early. Also waiting on TE while others flock for Gronk and Graham.

Do you have that much faith in Matty's arm strength? I don't. Wouldn't be surprised if Julio outperforms Roddy though. Same with A. Brown over Wallace.

What I saw against the NYG in the playoffs left a disgusting mark on Mularkey and Ryan.

^^^Do that every yr and been very successful!!

I dont need a backup QB,DEF, K, TE until they are off. I can usually pick up decent value on that week or a week before so I'm never to bad.

Won my pay league 2 yrs in a row before last yr (thanks Jamaal Charles)
2nd place in my other pay league (AP injury killed me)

Grossman: Foster (too much value at #4 but handcuff with Tate), Megatron (easily best WR in fantasy), and Matty (assuming Brady and Rodgers are gone, you plan to take Stafford over Brees)?
Well the top 3 picks will be QB's, in that scenario Stafford would be the best QB available-

It's down to CJ or Foster at #4 for me

Stringer: Pains me to say this but definitely A. Brown. Threat in the return game similar to DeSean to an extent, but Jackson relies heavily on speed and being a deep threat. Brown has been Big Ben's favorite target in camp with Wallace out and will see a healthy amount of targets/potential receptions throughout the regular season.

Can't say I disagree with any of that

12 team standard ESPN league

Tom Brady

LeSean McCoy
Willis McGahee
Ben Tate
Michael Bush
Dion Lewis

Larry Fitzgerald
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garcon
Mike Williams (TB)
Kendall Wright
Terrell Owens

Jimmy Graham
Jared Cook

Bears D

Matt Prater

:lol: It's a two keeper league and I kept Brady and McCoy. I had the #6 pick and picked Fitzgerald there, then picked Graham with my next pick.

Any sites ya'll recommend to find a good team name? Having trouble coming up with a good one

Back
Top Bottom