2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

should ryan mathews be drafted earlier than the 2nd round? i see him dropping to the end of the 2nd round sometimes and i wonder why his ADP is so high. ranked 4th in yahoo overall. also, whats everyone take on adrian peterson? will the injury hold him back from being a top 5 RB?

no way. Not after the injury, he's a second to third round pick now. I know he has come out and said he'll be coming back for week 1 but I'm not buying it. All these guys think they are Hulk and can come back no problem, I'd be very weary

Austin Collie or jabar Gafney?
and would you trade away Erin Decker for Benjarvis green ellis??
my rb's are ryan mathews, trent richardson and mike leShoure
my Wr's besides decker are Collie, AJ Green, Demaryus Thomas, and doug baldwin

Collie - should do well with Luck and Wayne and Fleener

With my first pick in my two keeper league I took Fitzgerald. AJ Green and Julio Jones were still available....think I made the right pick? Fitz's QB situation is just so iffy and both of those guys are in line for big seasons with stable quarterback play.

In a keeper league I might have gone with Green because he is younger and explosive and has a better QB situation

possibly worth a very late round pick but in the Patriots offense the last guy that's gonna get the ball is the RB, running or through the air

Vehemently disagree, the Patriots have always been reliant on their run-game, and last season they were 4th amongst ALL teams in rushing TDs. They also ran more than a lot of traditionally run-first teams last season (Giants, Bills, Rams, ******** and Titans). Had more attempts than ~50% (17th) of the league. That was when they used the 4-headed backfield of BJGE/Woodhead/Ridley with a dash of Vereen. Now it's just Vereen/RIdley really (Woodhead mostly on special teams).

They've also used pass-catching scat-backs for years as a prime checkdown target. Granted they have Gronk and Hernandez to checkdown to now, it didn't seem like the were any less reliant on the run-game last season and NOTHING indicates that they'll be using their RB's even less this season.

Vereen is already worth rostering in PPR formats, if he supplants Ridley as the Pats starter at any point this season, he's worth rostering in all formats. It's just really him and Ridley now, so both are going to see a huge uptick in touches, not as many mouths to feed as last season. Better fantasy prospects in that NE backfield this year for sure.

Last edited:

See?

The Pats LOVE those pass-catching quick scatback type RBs, we'll see how this effects Vereen and Ridley's roles/fantasy potential.

Really surprised he didn't go somewhere where he'd have the 3rd down duties to himself (Jets).

But man opposing defenses can game-plan forever for the Patriots and it still wouldn't matter, they're just collecting weapons left and right. They'll be keeping opposing defenses off-balance all season long. :smh: :lol:

I guess they really wanted Addai to pan out, he would've had a role it seems since they're continuing to collect pass-catching RBs in-spite of Vereen and Woodhead both being there.

Just further indicative of the importance of RBs in the Patriots offense.

Last edited:
Dat Draft Kit.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
With my first pick in my two keeper league I took Fitzgerald. AJ Green and Julio Jones were still available....think I made the right pick? Fitz's QB situation is just so iffy and both of those guys are in line for big seasons with stable quarterback play.

>D....

i love Julio but really Larry should still get his in spite of the QB play in AZ. I think Skelton will land the starting job and if he's given the full-season nod, he should build a solid rapport with Fitzy. We'd be splitting hairs comparing the fantasy prospects of those 3 guys as all 3 are arguably top-5 WR1 guys.

You should be fine bro. Skelton has a strong arm and FItzy will get to the ball.

Last edited:
There seems to be this stigma with the Saints and Pats that their backfields are worthless.

I'd urge NTers to not buy into that perception as it's absolutely untrue.

Said it before, and I'll say it again...

Pats, 4th amongsts all teams in rushing TDs. Ran the ball more than 15 other NFL teams. That's not even including passes thrown to their RBs.....Looking for that stat. :nerd: (team RB passing targets).

Saints, 6th in rushing yards, 8th in rushing TDs, and that's not even considering the times Sproles was targeted in the pass-game.....

So as you can see, RBs play an integral role in both offenses. People seem to lump the Pats, Saints and Packers in one neat pile. The Pats/Saints =/= Packers.

The only backfield I can confidently look past for fantasy purposes is the Packers (though I'd take a long hard look at Alex Green in PPR formats). To write off the Saints and Pats would be foolish (ESPECIALLY in PPR formats). However even in 12-team standard leagues, a guy like Ridley or Ingram can be a strong flex option as they'll both be getting the rock near the goal-line. I also love Ingram this season where his ADP is, great value and is being overlooked by a lot of people. Full training-camp, healthy now, I like his chances of possibly having a break-out season.

Last edited:
Patriots signed KR/RB Jeff Demps.
Demps earned an Olympic silver medal in London as part of USA's 4x100 relay team. Before that, he was an electric return man and hybrid player for the University of Florida, piling up 2,470 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns during his four-year career. But at 5'7/190, his role with the Patriots is expected to be limited to special teams. Demps averaged 28.8 yards per kickoff return as a Gator. The Bucs and Jets were also interested.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Aug 17 - 12:29 PM

Ahhh, so it looks like Demps won't be affecting Ridley's or Vereen value.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a role in the backfield once he familiarizes himself with the Pats playbook.

ah ok this is mines :nerd:

Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1
TD Reception (RETD) 6
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
so i guess im good in that PPR aspect :nerd:

:rofl:

Bro...PPR means "Point per reception"...

Meaning 1 point per reception.

2 point receiving conversion is simply 2 points for bringing down a reception for 2 points (instead of a FG after a TD for 1 point).

Get it?

You're not in a PPR league.

Last edited:
Im in a 1 player keeper league with ppr + bonus points for big play TDs. I am keeping Shady McCoy and I have the first pick. Ray Rice is the obvious choice, but I like Megatron a lot... Foster, Brees, Brady and Rodgers are being kept. I just don't feel too confident in Rice this year. This would be the third year I've had him. And I've won the last 2 championships. Idk I'm just paranoid. Lol any thoughts?

Last edited:
anyone have any good websites / blogs in term of what draft in what round, this is my 2nd year and last i sort of winged it. :nerd:

Fraij ain't playing around with that serious draft kit.

VV: Is it standard positions, 2 RB and 3 WR league? Rice is #1 on my board period and teaming him with Shady is literally a monopoly on the elite RB market. Megatron is tempting, but somewhat of a risk at #1 overall in comparison to Ray Rice. There's also the looming potential Madden Curse if you believe in that type of thing. With that being said, if you can afford the risk, go Megatron. If you want to play it safe and lock down your starting RBs, go Ray.

Thanks Champ! It's 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex RB/WR. I guess my real worries are the fact both my RB's got paid this offseason and may not be as motivated. I'm just over thinking it.

keeper league auction draft advice please

who should i keep between these 3 guys. matt ryan for $15, steve smith for $11, brandon marshall for $18.

i can only keep one of these guys since I'm also keeping ray rice. what you guys think? (btw we're on a $200 budget).

who should i keep between these 3 guys. matt ryan for $15, steve smith for $11, brandon marshall for $18.
i can only keep one of these guys since I'm also keeping ray rice. what you guys think? (btw we're on a $200 budget).

Ryan :nerd:

hes averaged 29 TD / 4000 years the last 2 season and now with Jones coming up this year he should produce more...

Brandon is on a new team and granted he and Jay have a history we dunno what can happen

Steve smith success relies on cam, and sophomore slumps are expected in the NFL

My personal belief is that Matty Ice can be had cheaper in auction leagues. $8-$12 range depending on settings and of course how much the other managers value QBs in a passing-driven league.

Steve Smith presents the most value for the price ($11). That's a bargain for a potential top-10 fantasy WR, obviously depending largely on Cam's passing production.

Marshall is well worth the $18 price. I've seen him go for $20-plus in other auction leagues.

In terms of pure numbers, it's a tough call for me between Steve Smith and B. Marshall. Smith would cost 5% of your budget, while Marshall requires nearly 10%. Pure value says Smitty, but in terms of potential risk versus reward, Marshall is the choice.

i think aj green is the best receiver in the league (talent wise) but i really think julio is going to ball out and have the better year.

his situation is better , where u guys picking? and are gronk and graham going THAT early? imma a pats fan but i think jimmy will have the better numbers

this year

i think aj green is the best receiver in the league (talent wise) but i really think julio is going to ball out and have the better year.
his situation is better , where u guys picking? and are gronk and graham going THAT early? imma a pats fan but i think jimmy will have the better numbers
this year
Jimmy is significantly more valuable than Gronk in PPR leagues, but in standard scoring leagues I've seen most experts and analysts give Gronk a slight edge due to the TD margin between the two TEs.

I haven't taken either that early (mid-to-late second round) in any of my leagues. They'd be hard-pressed to duplicate their 2011-2012 campaigns, and even so, I prefer the value of Pettigrew, Cook, Fleener, and Rudolph late. Obviously if you're able to easily pair Jimmy with Brees and Brady with Gronk, then you do it. Otherwise wait for a TE.

To answer your WR question: I'd say most managers are taking Julio over A.J. slightly .Everyone seems to believe Julio will have a monster year, similar or even better than Roddy (bad for White owners). Green should have a solid year in his own right, just hope he can stay on the field for all 16. Have a bad hunch for a Dalton sophomore slump.

this year

Maybe not the best, but he is up there.

Green has potential to take over the WR position.

Tremendous talent

Back
Top Bottom