2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Shout out to my dude Buc Em. Took a significant gamble with Josh Freeman as my starting QB in a 10-team league. Also got Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Donald Brown, C.J. Spiller, Willis McGahee, and Seattle D.

For those questioning the Saints backfield and Patriots dont sleep on Sprioles can catch n run and the sleeper for the patriots Vereen will eventually take over Ridley

Bradshaw injured during preseason game right now against the Jets. Negative on the x-rays thus far, but keep an eye on the value of Wilson and Ware.

Just did a 10 team league.

QB - Matthew Stafford
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Stevie Johnson
RB - Demarco Murray
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Robbie Gould
DEF - Seattle
BENCH - Jay Cutler
BENCH - Shonn Greene
BENCH - BenJarvus Green-Ellis
BENCH - Michael Crabtree
BENCH - Titus Young
BENCH - Randy Moss

I had a choice between Stafford and Newton and I ended up going with Stafford. Im confident hes going to have the better season, lets hope im not wrong there. Im pretty sure im going to end up moving around Moss or Crabtree depending on how the 49ers offense looks to start the season to pick up either a TE or another WR until I need a kicker or defense for the bye weeks. That was the only thing that was obvious to me that I have to do. Only reason I picked up Moss was because Lance Moore went right before my pick. Not happy about no flex position in the league.

Solid team with significant RB/WR depth. You made the right choice with Matty Stafford over Cam, I would have done the same exact thing. Any chance Donald Brown or C.J. Spiller are available in your league's FA pool?

Solid team with significant RB/WR depth. You made the right choice with Matty Stafford over Cam, I would have done the same exact thing. Any chance Donald Brown or C.J. Spiller are available in your league's FA pool?

Nope neither are available. Top RBs available based on yahoo's rankings are Stevan Ridley, Michael Bush, David Wilson, Mikel Leshoure, and Mark Ingram.

I'd take a close look at Ridley but personally couldn't justify adding him to drop Cutler or Crabby (only potential two options to drop). I usually don't hold a backup QB at least in this upcoming season. Crabby is decent, nothing more. But Ridley's value is predicated so much at Bill's discretion for running the football. Vereen could also steal carries, first-team reps.

Nope neither are available. Top RBs available based on yahoo's rankings are Stevan Ridley, Michael Bush, David Wilson, Mikel Leshoure, and Mark Ingram.

Ridley, Bush, Wilson and Ingram should be owned in ALL leagues, how are ANY starting RBs going undrafted?! LeShoure is the only one that really shouldn't be rostered (Kevin Smith is the guy to own in Detroit).

Drop Crabtree, he's a low-end WR3 with low upside (at best he'd still be a WR3). Far too many mouths to feed in Frisco and as I said before, Alex Smith isn't a top-tier QB that can feed those mouths. I'd only roster their WRs in deeper leagues.

As for those RBs, they're valuable across all formats as the RB position is fickle (injuries) so a starting RB (Ingram, Ridley) or a high-upside handcuff (Bush, Wilson) will always hold immense value regardless of league.

My .02 cents.

Last edited:
Should I consider picking up Cedric Benson? I have Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Michael Bush and Fred Jackson.

Bradshaw stay getting hurt wilson value just went up

Nothing too serious, x-rays were negative.

Just goes to show you how valuable Wilson is, no reason he should be rotting away on anyones waiver-wire. Just doesn't make any sense how some leagues have guys like him on the wire. :wow:

Should I consider picking up Cedric Benson? I have Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Michael Bush and Fred Jackson.

:lol: no.

why? it's a RBBC over in GB. if you were thin at RB, sure. You're fine.

GB is the only backfield worth ignoring, until of course Alex Green carves himself out a bigger role, then I'd jump on him (especially in PPR leagues). Pause....

Last edited:
Got Fitz, Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith as my starters with Nate Washington and Denarius Moore as backups. Are Kendall Wright and Reuben Randle worth a look?

Hm, Moore or Kendall Wright, that's a tough one actually. I think Kendall Wright has the potential to be a premier WR in this league, DHB not Moore is the guy to own in the Oakland receiver core....

Moore has a lingering hamstring issue and is starting to fall out of favor in Oakland. Rod Streater is on the rise and really Moore is falling out of WR3 territory.

I'm leaning toward Kendall over Moore. I also like that they may end up sticking with Hasselbeck which is a plus for Wright's upside. With Britt out of the picture due to lingering injury and probably facing suspension, Washington and Wright will be getting a lot of love from whomever the QB is in Tennessee.

I don't see a clear #2 after DHB in Oakland, basically a cluster****.

Last edited:
Hm, Moore or Kendall Wright, that's a tough one actually. I think Kendall Wright has the potential to be a premier WR in this league, DHB not Moore is the guy to own in the Oakland receiver core....
Moore has a lingering hamstring issue and is starting to fall out of favor in Oakland. Rod Streater is on the rise and really Moore is falling out of WR3 territory.
I'm leaning toward Kendall over Moore. I also like that they may end up sticking with Hasselbeck which is a plus for Wright's upside. With Britt out of the picture due to lingering injury and probably facing suspension, Washington and Wright will be getting a lot of love from whomever the QB is in Tennessee.
I don't see a clear #2 after DHB in Oakland, basically a cluster****.

Thanks for the tip. I've been really thinking hard about picking up Wright and I think I just may pull the trigger.

Brandon Jacobs was carried off the field following what appeared to be a significant left knee injury in Saturday night's preseason game against the Texans.
Jacobs was down on the field for several minutes as Texans and 49ers players alike gathered around him in concern. The injury happened at the end of an eight-yard run and collision with Texans CB Kareem Jackson, who was also initially shaken up but appeared to emerge okay. Jacobs could bear no weight on his left leg afterwards, and was ultimately carted to the locker room. It's early, but we suspect Jacobs won't be playing football this season.
Aug 18 - 8:57 PM

IF that is indeed the case (that Jacobs is done for the season) that makes Kendall Hunter the clear-cut handcuff in Frisco (with LaMichael James handling 3rd down duties in the event of Gore's demise as he excels in the pass-catching department).

Gore owners should be prudent and scoop up Kendall Hunter, he's a talented RB in his own right.

lol wrote Kendall Wright instead of Kendall Hunter at first, if anybody caught that. :lol: my bad.

Last edited:
IF that is indeed the case (that Jacobs is done for the season) that makes Kendall Hunter the clear-cut handcuff in Frisco (with LaMichael James handling 3rd down duties in the event of Gore's demise as he excels in the pass-catching department).
Gore owners should be prudent and scoop up Kendall Hunter, he's a talented RB in his own right.
lol wrote Kendall Wright instead of Kendall Hunter at first, if anybody caught that. :lol: my bad.

And updating on my earlier post....

LaMichael James was carted off the field with a left foot injury in the fourth quarter of Saturday night's preseason game against the Texans.
The injury appeared to be to James' left foot or ankle. A second-round pick out of Oregon, James had four carries for 19 yards before exiting, playing behind Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, and Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs was carted off earlier in the night with a possibly severe left knee injury. All of the Niners' backfield ailments are improving Gore and Hunter's fantasy outlooks.

Kendall Hunter is now a must have handcuff for Gore owners, if Gore goes down I think Hunter would make for a solid RB2 across all formats.

Last edited:
any more NT leagues open? :nerd: I conquered the Nt fantasy basketball league and have decided to take my talents to the gridiron

man i had a draft with my buds today.. i think i smoked em
heres the starters 10-team standard

qb: matthew stafford
rb: lesean mccoy
rb: darren mcfadden
wr:brandon marshall
wr: dez bryant
rb/wr/te: either BJGE or Doug Martin
Te: Gresham or Olsen

If/when Denarius gets that hammy straightened out, I'm convinced he'll have a better full season than DHB. Too much of a big play threat to ignore, much like a poor man's DeSean or Wallace.

Did my auction league yesterday:

QB: Vick
RB: Johnathan Stewart
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Dwyane Bowe
WR: Steve Smith
TE: Vernon Davis
D: Chiefs
K: Janikowski

Bench:

Brandon Marshall
Antonio Brown