**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

Deron Williams hasn't been good in 2 years.

Stop making excuses for him and accept he lived off of Sloan's system.

He ain't top 5

Deron Williams hasn't been good in 2 years.
Stop making excuses for him and accept he lived off of Sloan's system.
He ain't top 5

Yeah i cant front, i actually thought he was on the level of CP3 a few years ago...but the more i watch him since he got to NJ/BK hes looking extra ordinary.

Hes still a good player but there are definitely 3 or 4 guys id rather have than him. ( cp3, rondo, russy, parker and maybe kyrie...maybe)

Ive always said Deron and CP3 were 1a and 1b but its easy to tell that Deron is has slightly fallen off and is continuing to slowly decline on the PG list.

Without question CP3 is the best PG in the league. Kyrie is quickly becoming top 3.

Just wanted to come in here and say that. refuse to read others posts because im sure i will go crazy at how many idiots have Russell Westbrook top 3

Chris Paul is one of the best pgs in Nba history. Best pure pg in today's game. The roses and Westbrooks are in a different category.

Don't know why its taken this long for people to come to their senses about Deron.

Dude has been overrated for a couple of years now.

This is why I avoid these threads. PG threads are where you find these most ridiculous posts in S&T.
You don't think Stephen Curry has been a top five PG this season?

EDIT: A comparison with what seems to be the consensus number 1 PG, and please keep in mind Curry doesn't have Lob City to help his assists out.

Last edited:
Love curry but..

CP3 > Curry
Rose > Curry
Westbrook > Curry
D Will > Curry
Irving > Curry
Rondo > Curry

Parker can be in an argument as well.

Last edited:
You don't think Stephen Curry has been a top five PG this season?

I apologize i didnt realize this thread was just about this year specifically. If we're talking about just this year, up to this point, then its debatable. But overall hes not touching top 5.

Rondo, Westbrook, Rose, Irving, and CP3 (not in that order) have those spots locked up for me as of now, but I strongly believe a lot more of you will have Curry in your "Top 5 PGs" rankings at the end of this year. He's rising rapidly, IMO.

Last edited:
Steph Curry is nice, but he's not touching Rondo, CP3, Russ, or Kyrie.

What does Kyrie do better than Steph?

They're essentially a wash in every category but shooting and driving to the basket.

What does Kyrie do better than Steph?
They're essentially a wash in every category but shooting and driving to the basket.

...you just answered your own question, no?

Steph is the better shooter, Kyrie the better driver. Everything else is even.
Right now, I would say Steph is also the better defender (Kyrie is especially bad on defense, but he's young) and passer (negligible though).

Smh, at you guys leaving Stephen Curry out of your Top 5 rankings. 
One day people will wise up and I will just be there with the
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom