**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

My top 5. I prefer a more athletic PG that van both pass and score.

1. Rajon Rondo/Kyrie Irving
2. Russell Westbrook
3. Derrick Rose
4. Mike Conley
5. Steph Curry

Honorable mentions to

Jrue Holiday
Tony Parker/Ricky Rubio
Steve Nash

Never really been a fan of CP3 or D.Will

roll.gif

When It comes to player efficiency at the PG position the top 10 PG's are:

1. C. Paul: 23.1
2. R. Rondo: 22.9
3. R. Westbrook: 21.7
4. T. Parker: 20.1
5. S. Curry: 19.8
6. J. Holiday: 19.5
7. K. Irving: 18.9
8. K. Lowry: 18.7
9. K. Walker: 17.7
10. D. Lillard: 17.3

_____

11. D Williams: 16.7
19. S Nash: 14.8
22. J. Kidd: 14.2
25. R. Felton: 13.7

Darren Williams is not playing up to par so far this season, but he'll pick it up when he learns his teammates. Steve Nash will definitely improve as the season goes on. His presence alone makes the Lakers a very dangerous team in the West. The Knicks have two top 25 PG's which I thought was very interesting as well. Its very close so far... we'll see how everything stacks up as the season progresses.

*stats courtesy of http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/13/2/eff

Eh, I guess you can say that. But also because he's playing with basically an entire new squad outside of Humps. Lopez barely played last season and Gerald Wallace came midseason last year.

If by march/April he's still playing like ****, then yeah yeah, he's out the top 5.

It blows my mind that people think Rondo is a top 5 player and the 2nd best pg in the league.

When It comes to player efficiency at the PG position the top 10 PG's are:
1. C. Paul: 23.1
2. R. Rondo: 22.9
3. R. Westbrook: 21.7
4. T. Parker: 20.1
5. S. Curry: 19.8
6. J. Holiday: 19.5
7. K. Irving: 18.9
8. K. Lowry: 18.7
9. K. Walker: 17.7
10. D. Lillard: 17.3
_____
11. D Williams: 16.7
19. S Nash: 14.8
22. J. Kidd: 14.2
25. R. Felton: 13.7
Darren Williams is not playing up to par so far this season, but he'll pick it up when he learns his teammates. Steve Nash will definitely improve as the season goes on. His presence alone makes the Lakers a very dangerous team in the West. The Knicks have two top 25 PG's which I thought was very interesting as well. Its very close so far... we'll see how everything stacks up as the season progresses.
*stats courtesy of http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/13/2/eff

You left out Conley at 17.9

:lol:

It blows my mind that people think Rondo is a top 5 player and the 2nd best pg in the league.
There are people out there who don't think he is the first or second best point guard in the league?

This thread was given the blessing by the good Bishop, Kevin Cleveland. Hopefully he'll grace this thread with his presence.
Well, PG play/rankings is always a hot button topic here in S&T. Rather than clutter the NBA thread w. PG talk and derail things, let's keep it here.
This is such a good time to be a fan of PG play in the NBA. I can't remember off hand the league having SO much talent at one position. There are a lot of questions going forward.
1. How will D.Rose bounce back from injury?
2. Will Kyrie Irving have a sophomore slump?
3. Is this a make or break year for John Wall?
4. Can Rondo make the leap from a "slightly above average" PG into the elite? (Kidding).
5. Which Deron Williams is going to show up this year running the point in BK?
and it goes on and on....
That being said, here's my CURRENT top-5. Subject to change at any moment. :lol:
1. Chris Paul
2. Rajon Rondo
3. Russ
4. Williams
5. Rose
*Another question...do any of you all think Tony Parker is very underrated? What exactly is he not doing to be considered a top-5 at the position? Of course these lists are subjective, but maybe I'm missing something.

OP's list.

Thread/.

Deron Williams>>>*
1. rondo
2. cp3
Deron Williams>>>*
This.

I dont get how Chris Paul is the peoples number 1 point guard...DWill does everything Paul does and does it without all the flopping...
Group everyone else how u please but its Rondo > _________ when it comes to PGs

I really dont see how anyone could think otherwise.
1. Rondo
2. CP3
I think a lot of people would like to believe Chris Paul is way above his peers but I don't see it that way at this point.
My number one spot still goes to Deron Williams. He's been better than Paul for a long time IMO and now that theyre both on top teir teams I feel that the debate will get a lot more steam behind it.
Chris Paul hasn't been the same since his knee injury, how he is viewed now is far more myth than fact.
As far as my top PG's I don't have Pooh in the rank bc I don't know where he's going to come back at so my list looks like this:

Rondo
CP/Deron
1.Parker/Rondo-true thoroughbred 1 guards
2.Dwill/Russy
3.CP3
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Its like the Chris v Deron debate. You can't be mad or disappointed in anyone going either way, but to say one is just head and shoulders over the other well... You're On WATER.
All Imma say...D-Will is the best PG in the league. No debate
This thread LOL.

All Imma say...D-Will is the best PG in the league. No debate
What league are you talking about? This statement was true when he played in that overseas league
laugh.gif
Oh really now? Your SERIOUSLY saying it isn't even debatable? Did you see what he had to play with last season?
sick.gif

The last 15-20 games of the season, he was without a doubt the best PG in the league. Deron gets no types of respect!
All I'ma say is Deron Williams is the most COMPLETE PG in the league.
I truely believe as of now Deron is the best PG in the league
I've gotta go with DWill on this one...
I never knew this many people didn't hold D Will in high regard. He's still my favorite PG in the league and IMO the best and will prove it this year.
Rondo
CP

in that order.
My top 5. I prefer a more athletic PG that van both pass and score.

1. Rajon Rondo/Kyrie Irving
2. Russell Westbrook
3. Derrick Rose
4. Mike Conley
5. Steph Curry

Honorable mentions to

Jrue Holiday
Tony Parker/Ricky Rubio
Steve Nash

Never really been a fan of CP3 or D.Will

Back
Top Bottom