2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Landry was a steal. Dude is a beast. Plays with seven missing teeth against Dirk
pimp.gif

Looks like a great trade for the Rockets. They probably would have liked to keep Landry but they got a legitimate scorer in return and shed their biggest salary problem. Brooks/Mini-Mart/Ariza/Scola/Ming is a great line-up. Bring Battier and Hayes off the bench.. nice team when healthy.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

thats terrible for the rockets.....landry was goood for them
Yeah but you gotta give some to get some. They felt that getting rid of McGrady and Landry to get Martin was better than having to keep McGrady and getting nothing in return. Can't say I disagree. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Landry AND Tracy eh?

Not bad at all.

Reke
Mac
McGrady
Landry
Thompson/Hawes?

Reke(even though we still need a PG)/Beno
T-Mac/Garcia
Greene/Casspi/Ime
Landry/Brock/Dorsey/May
Hawes/Thompson

Ehhh kinda like

The Sacramento Kings have reached an agreement in principle with the Houston Rockets on a trade that will swap Kevin Martin(notes) for Tracy McGrady(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Along with Martin, the Kings will send Sergio Rodriguez, Hilton Armstrong(notes) and Kenny Thomas(notes) to the Rockets. Joey Dorsey(notes) and Carl Landry(notes) will go to the Kings
----------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, what?  I thought it was a foregone conclusion he was going to NY.  I never even heard the Kings mentioned before this moment.  I dont see him and Tyreke co-existing well.  Both need to see the ball alot to be effective.  Made more sense to me for him to go to the Knicks, but what do I know?

I really like this deal for the Kings actually. Landry isundersized but is a great role player and is probably the most improvedplayer so far this year, and T-Mac's contract is coming off the booksat the end of this year plus you rid yourself of Kevin Martin's hugecontract signed in 2007.

Sacramento is looking nice right now.
NYC NOT being able to sign 2 MAX players...
pimp.gif

THIS.
pimp.gif

Not being able to sign 2 means it's going to be even harder for them to sign one (in terms of luring a player in)...
pimp.gif

Losing Landry is a blow. Dude was our 4th quarter go-to guy. Check out this dude's percentages this year, insane. Highly efficient. Tough. And only making 3M this year and next year I believe. Legit 6th Man of the Year candidate.

He will be missed
smh.gif

I guess nobody talking about how much cap space the Kings are going to have this off-season.
laugh.gif

They were going to have a nice amount with Martin, now they are about to be up there with the likes of the big dogs in cap space.

roll.gif
@ NY possibly keeping Jeffries under contract.

Sources: Martin heading to Rockets
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Houston Rockets, in an abrupt late twist to their long-running efforts to trade Tracy McGrady, have reached an agreement in principal with the Sacramento Kings to acquire coveted guard Kevin Martin, ESPN.com has learned.

Martin was pulled from the second half of the Kings' game Wednesday night at Golden State in anticipation of the trade, sources said.

Although the details of the complete construction of the trade could not immediately be confirmed, sources said that it's possible that the deal could be expanded into a three-way trade that lands Rockets guard Tracy McGrady with the New York Knicks before Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that McGrady will either end up with the Kings or the Knicks by the deadline to bring Martin to Houston after Sacramento refused trade interest in the high-scoring guard for weeks.

Been a fan of Landry since Rockets first game him a shot. He's a beast. I hope he does even better in Sac. Plus, he's on my fantasy squad.

Is it pretty much official, Sac-Rockets deal? NY loses if so...
laugh.gif

NY is not out of it yet guys

RicBucher
If Sac and Hou can pull Knicks into 3-team deal, Sergio Rodriguez + TMac would go to NY, a source says. Told Sac-Hou two-way deal not done.

WojYahooNBA
Two league sources tell Y! Sports that Kings are unsure whether they will keep T-Mac, or move him onto Knicks in a deal before deadline.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I guess nobody talking about how much cap space the Kings are going to have this off-season.
laugh.gif

They were going to have a nice amount with Martin, now they are about to be up there with the likes of the big dogs in cap space.

roll.gif
@ NY possibly keeping Jeffries under contract.
Petrie knows that nobody wants to sign here......... I honestly think the Kings are gonna keep T-Mac if he does decent....
Originally Posted by franchise3

LosingLandry is a blow. Dude was our 4th quarter go-to guy. Check out thisdude's percentages this year, insane. Highly efficient. Tough. And onlymaking 3M this year and next year I believe. Legit 6th Man of the Yearcandidate.

He will be missed
smh.gif
pimp.gif
last i checked he was 4th in the league in fourth quarter scoring
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Sources: Martin heading to Rockets
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Houston Rockets, in an abrupt late twist to their long-runningefforts to trade Tracy McGrady, have reached an agreement in principalwith the Sacramento Kings to acquire coveted guard Kevin Martin,ESPN.com has learned.

Martin was pulled from the second half of the Kings' game Wednesdaynight at Golden State in anticipation of the trade, sources said.

Although the details of the complete construction of the trade couldnot immediately be confirmed, sources said that it's possible that thedeal could be expanded into a three-way trade that lands Rockets guardTracy McGrady with the New York Knicks before Thursday's 3 p.m. tradingdeadline.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that McGrady willeither end up with the Kings or the Knicks by the deadline to bringMartin to Houston after Sacramento refused trade interest in thehigh-scoring guard for weeks.
Stay out of this NY
smh.gif
laugh.gif

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/feb/18/grizzlies-postgame-griz-versus-raptors/
Griz still seeking deadline deal

Most troubling is this quote:

Thereis, however, confusion within the organization and an element ofdesperation coming from owner Michael Heisley. The Griz are seriouslyconsidering four or five scenarios, according to the sources.

What I wouldn't give to find out just exactly what Heisley is "desperate" about.

And confusion within the organization sounds like a jostling for power to see who Heisley will listen to the most.

This is just going to suck.

I can't believe our front office is this screwed up. Grizz better not $*%! this up.
mad.gif

WHAT?

Are you @!@##+!% me...all those talks better not have been for nothing.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

That GM from the Rockets can eat a fat %!$!.

Back
Top Bottom