2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Looks like a great trade for the Rockets. They probably would have liked to keep Landry but they got a legitimate scorer in return and shed their biggest salary problem. Brooks/Mini-Mart/Ariza/Scola/Ming is a great line-up. Bring Battier and Hayes off the bench.. nice team when healthy.
I trust the Rockets with their moves. Daryl Morey is wayyyyy smarter than most GM's in the business. He is the Billy Beane of the NBA. 

Goodbye Carl Landry

...welcome back to Houston Kenny Thomas
smh.gif

I think that Sac fans should be happy. Landry for the Kings would be a solid move. If T-Mac works out then it's even more of a win. If not, then just let his contract expire. Came out of nowhere (didn't even notice Martin got yanked the second half of the Warriors/Kings game). Landry can start with Greene coming off the bench. They get another big, and a very underrated one IMO.

Not sure how I like it for Houston. I guess it gives them another scoring threat, but size might be a problem unless they plan on using Armstrong.

I think some people don't realize that TMac is coming off the books after this season. So there is no guarantee whatsoever that he will play more than 30 or so games in a Kings uniform. He may not want to stay there, and the Kings may not want him there. It's even possible that he could go on a 30 game contract-year tear and end up getting some decent money from a contender of some sort. My initial reaction to this trade was that the Kings were trying to open some space to operate this summer, and I'm thinking that might have been a large part of their mission.

Nice deal for the Kings. Tons of cap room and a good young core.

T-Mac will be on a 30-game audition trying to prove that he's worth the mid-level exception in the summer.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Losing Landry is a blow. Dude was our 4th quarter go-to guy. Check out this dude's percentages this year, insane. Highly efficient. Tough. And only making 3M this year and next year I believe. Legit 6th Man of the Year candidate.

He will be missed
smh.gif

Dude was seriously a beast for me in fantasy. Hope he gets the start for the queens up. I got Reke, Tmac and Landry...
ohwell.gif
, they better get all the stats.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/feb/18/grizzlies-postgame-griz-versus-raptors/
Griz still seeking deadline deal

Most troubling is this quote:

Thereis, however, confusion within the organization and an element ofdesperation coming from owner Michael Heisley. The Griz are seriouslyconsidering four or five scenarios, according to the sources.

What I wouldn't give to find out just exactly what Heisley is "desperate" about.

And confusion within the organization sounds like a jostling for power to see who Heisley will listen to the most.

This is just going to suck.

I can't believe our front office is this screwed up. Grizz better not $*%! this up.
mad.gif

If Grizz give Warriors Gay + filler + pick for Monta.....
nerd.gif

now that Kevin Martin is gone...
go get them digits Reke! my boyy
pimp.gif

cant believe Rockets let Landry go like that...time for Scola to get back on his grind?

Two league sources tell Y! Sports that Kings are unsure whether they will keep T-Mac, or move him onto Knicks in a deal before deadline.

This blockbuster can still turn into a three-way deal with New York, but much work to be done before 3 p.m. EST deadline, sources say.

WojYahooNBA, twitter

I know a lot peeps here don't want to see NY get involved so they can't offer 2 max contracts, but, hopefully they do get involved so we can get Hill.

Giving up Landry and having to rely on Hilton Armstrong + Kenny Thomas off the bench behind Scola
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/feb/18/grizzlies-postgame-griz-versus-raptors/

Thereis, however, confusion within the organization and an element ofdesperation coming from owner Michael Heisley. The Griz are seriouslyconsidering four or five scenarios, according to the sources.

What I wouldn't give to find out just exactly what Heisley is "desperate" about.

And confusion within the organization sounds like a jostling for power to see who Heisley will listen to the most.

I can't believe our front office is this screwed up. Grizz better not $*%! this up.
mad.gif
nerd.gif

All that for Monta?
laugh.gif

Gay + Williams for Monta

Then Memphis trade Hunter + pick for Ronnie Brewer like what was rumored.

OJ / Ellis / Brewer / Randolph / Gasol

pimp.gif

If Sac and Hou can pull Knicks into 3-team deal, Sergio Rodriguez + TMac would go to NY, a source says. Told Sac-Hou two-way deal not done. per Bucher

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

I might be in the minority, but I don't like the Jamison trade for the Cavs

The starting lineup most likely will be

PG - Delonte West
SG - Anthony Parker
SF - Lebron
PF - Antwan Jamison
C - Shaq

In essence thats 4 perimeter players that don't really play down low and one low post player in the starting lineup. I know Lebron can go down low and post up, but they like to have the ball in his hands at the top of key setting plays up.

And with the 2nd team you don't want two hustle players being your low post threats

I just think they lose more in losing Z than they do with gainin Jamison

All in all I think the Cavs would be better off with keepin Z who can bang down low or take it to the elbow and knock down a jumper and with JJ Hickson who does all their dirty work, that Jamison won't do.
I really like this trade, the only downside i see it as Jamison is 33, and his contract is quite unattractive but heres my view
Big Z will be back in 30 days, no way the cavs did this trade without getting Z back, but for the time being, the Cavs now have Varejao, Shaq, Jamison, Hickson. You say that the Cavs would have 4 perimeter players, but thats how the Cavs are. There are times where Mike Brown plays 3 PGs with LBJ in the post with Big Z, and its not like Big Z bangs down low. 

Jamison is really a SF, not a PF, but he brings another scorer for the Cavs where they seriously lack, next to Mo and Lebron, no one can really create their own shot, while Jamison will give you 15+ a game (i expect his scoring to dip because of the Cavs depth)

But imagine the Lineups the Cavs can run

Mo/LeBron/Jamison/Varejao/Shaq

and without Lebron on the floor, the cavs can leave Jamison on the floor to give Cavs another scoring threat along with Mo, the only 2 players IMO that can score without lebron passing it to them (and theres shaq but dude is on the downside)

and btw its Antawn

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Kings close to trading Martin for McGrady

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
16 minutes ago

Buzz up!
Print

The Sacramento Kings are in advanced talks with the Houston Rockets on a trade that will swap Kevin Martin(notes) for Tracy McGrady(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Along with Martin, the Kings will send Sergio Rodridguez, Hilton Armstrong(notes) and Kenny Thomas(notes) to the Rockets. Joey Dorsey(notes) and Carl Landry(notes) will go to the Kings.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I take that back.
Knicks are still in it. Take Hill, just get rid of Jeffries and Hughes.

I'm glad I only have one class tomorrow at 4:20pm
laugh.gif

Hopefully I wake up to a few more deals. That damn SW division just keep improving. SMH

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

mad.gif
nerd.gif
All that for Monta?
laugh.gif

Gay + Williams for Monta

Then Memphis trade Hunter + pick for Ronnie Brewer like what was rumored.

OJ / Ellis / Brewer / Randolph / Gasol

pimp.gif

id probably do it without the pick to be honest
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

I know a lot peeps here don't want to see NY get involved so they can't offer 2 max contracts, but, hopefully they do get involved so we can get Hill.

Giving up Landry and having to rely on Hilton Armstrong + Kenny Thomas off the bench behind Scola
smh.gif

NBA is not the same without the Knicks being competitive. NY, Boston, LA, and now all that needs help is Chi-town and NY and it make things a whole lot more interesting
pimp.gif

If TMac is bought out, wants to play with the Lakers or Cavs. (
laugh.gif
of course you do)

laugh.gif
@ the writers who covers the Knicks blasting this deal.

If Donnie leaves the picks unprotected, TMac woulda been a Knick 2 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom