2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

NICE MOVE DANNY!

yep, its do or die time now. no one made any predictions but we all know this was a good move and puts us in a better spot to win.

we traded a first round pick (which will end up being a horrible pick) for Bassy and Jamison, assuming Z comes back...

even if he doesnt, i wouldnt be mad. yes, Z is a legend but its a business and no one is owed anything. id rather win a title without Z then get booted in the playoffs with him. again, no hate to Z cause i dont want to get quoted but if he doesnt come back i wont burn ferry at the stake. hes done plenty more good than bad for this team with what hes been given. if only barack can make moves like that

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Why everyone gassin' up Sebastian Telfair?

He's nothing special.
roll.gif

I'm saying. People living off his high school success. He's a bust and he's probably not going to even see the floor with Mo, West, Parker and Gibson ahead of him in the depth chart.

And like mike said, he can't even shoot. What benefit is he going to have being on the floor when Lebron needs to pass it to an open man for 3?

We (most of NT and myself) just love Bassy and wanna see him succeed.  He killed it @ Lincoln, and after watching his documentary just started to like the dude and rooted for him.
He has FOR SURE been a bust, but he a Cav now so let's go bassy 
smokin.gif
Yea nobody hyping him up, i just want him to succeed in the league even if its as a part-time player and not the player he was hyped to become. You see Shannon Brown becoming a big role player for the Lakers after playing on like 4 teams in 3 years, it's not over for Bassy.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Why everyone gassin' up Sebastian Telfair?

He's nothing special.
roll.gif

I'm saying. People living off his high school success. He's a bust and he's probably not going to even see the floor with Mo, West, Parker and Gibson ahead of him in the depth chart.

And like mike said, he can't even shoot. What benefit is he going to have being on the floor when Lebron needs to pass it to an open man for 3?

We (most of NT and myself) just love Bassy and wanna see him succeed.  He killed it @ Lincoln, and after watching his documentary just started to like the dude and rooted for him.
He has FOR SURE been a bust, but he a Cav now so let's go bassy 
smokin.gif
Yea nobody hyping him up, i just want him to succeed in the league even if its as a part-time player and not the player he was hyped to become. You see Shannon Brown becoming a big role player for the Lakers after playing on like 4 teams in 3 years, it's not over for Bassy.
Co sign on that. Dude has some talent. Hopefully the Cavs waive him so he can go play for another team this season. Heck I'd easily take him over Duhon right now.

Come onnn, I want to see T-Mac playing this year!... when is this going to get finalized?

Us Cleveland fans are not putting all our chips in yet, mainly cause Mike Brown is our coach, and the Lakers, Nuggets, and Magic are still lurking. With that said, we have a hell of a chance with this team because we are 12 DEEP, and everybody can ball. If Mike Brown %##+@ this up
mad.gif

In principle off espn: Bucks get John Fishsticks Bulls get Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elsen

And off espn Mavs will try to court Big Z if bought out since haywood the only true center they have now b/c Damp got injured

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Us Cleveland fans are not putting all our chips in yet, mainly cause Mike Brown is our coach, and the Lakers, Nuggets, and Magic are still lurking. With that said, we have a hell of a chance with this team because we are 12 DEEP, and everybody can ball. If Mike Brown %##+@ this up
mad.gif

You're acting like Mike Brown coaches the team.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Come onnn, I want to see T-Mac playing this year!... when is this going to get finalized?
Hopefully very soon. Probably tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't care what each of these dudes said, I just had to quote it for the epicness of the 2 biggest bandwagon fans in S&T to be quoted in the same post.

On topic though, Houston needs to get the deal done with T-Mac.  Not sure what they are waiting for especially since that seems like the best deal on the table, they are going to be kicking themselves if the deadline passes and they don't trade him.
I never even seen you post on here
roll.gif

I'm not even going to argue with you, i'm a bandwagon for being a Sixers fan right?
laugh.gif

You want to go ahead and add that to your sig then? Since the names seem to change in it quicker than a new borns diapers.

You Cleveland fans are delusional, Jamison isn't a big enough peice to keep Lebron in Cleveland.  You all can say they are looking like the favorites, but playing in the East isn't doing much for me as showing me just how good the Cavs are.  I think LA is still the favorites, and would even put Denver ahead of Cleveland.  I hope Miami somehow gets Amare, then we can all WITNESS the Cavs not even making the finals.

Originally Posted by 18key

mad.gif

I know right. Bron is the coach, GM, and everything on that team.

The Cavs made solid moves. They are the favorites in the East, and Jamison (while not an elite talent) is good enough to be another scoring threat and someone who matches up with Rashard Lewis. Yes the Lakers are still the favorites, but that does not change the fact that there front court is still terry cloth. I really do hope the NBA gets its wish: Lakers vs Cavs finals.

Originally Posted by 18key

mad.gif

laugh.gif

[h1]Rockets Want No Protection On NY's Picks[/h1]
Feb 18, 2010 12:08 AM EST

Howard Beck of the New York Times reports that all of the players have been agreed upon in the potential trade between the Rockets and Knicks for Tracy McGrady. The remaining negotiating point is protection on the draft picks the Rockets would gain in the trade. The Rockets want no protection on either the 2011 or 2012 first-round picks but the Knicks want protection in case the team misses the playoffs, and is in the lottery, either year.

Beck reports that the trade would send Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes and Jordan Hill to Houston in exchange for McGrady, Brian Cook and Joey Dorsey.

Clearing Jeffries from their payroll would mean the Knicks would be very close to the amount of cap room they will need to offer two maximum contracts this summer.

"It could be the most important trade the Knicks have made in a decade," writes Beck.

"I'm hopeful," Donnie Walsh, without commenting on any specific discussion.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Howard Beck of the New York Times reports that all of the players have been agreed upon in the potential trade between the Rockets and Knicks for Tracy McGrady. The remaining negotiating point is protection on the draft picks the Rockets would gain in the trade. The Rockets want no protection on either the 2011 or 2012 first-round picks but the Knicks want protection in case the team misses the playoffs, and is in the lottery, either year.

Beck reports that the trade would send Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes and Jordan Hill to Houston in exchange for McGrady, Brian Cook and Joey Dorsey.

Clearing Jeffries from their payroll would mean the Knicks would be very close to the amount of cap room they will need to offer two maximum contracts this summer.

"It could be the most important trade the Knicks have made in a decade," writes Beck.

Please, PLEASE let this nonsense get settled tonight
frown.gif

NO, not Jared Jeffries! 
mad.gif

Oh and an additional kicker is Larry Hughes. 
indifferent.gif

Jordan Hill better be Kevin Durant good.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

NO, not Jared Jeffries! 
mad.gif

Oh and an additional kicker is Larry Hughes. 
indifferent.gif

Jordan Hill better be Kevin Durant good.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom