2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

If Big Z comes back to the Cavs as expected, this trade is huge.
Basically.

Mo, Gibson, *Bassy

Parker, West

LBJ, *Moon, *Williams

Jamison, Verejao, Hickson, *Powe

Shaq, Z

On paper, this team looks pretty damn good.
*fixed

slam-62.jpg

Bassy might be the happiest dude out of all of this.
laugh.gif

plus the cavs fans talking like they already won
Please show me one, ONE post where a Cavs fan is talking like we have already won (because I haven't seen it).  Only dudes claiming that are fans from another team.
Cleveland still ain't winning nothing
So you're saying we will win something?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Awesome move for the Cavs. I think this solidifies them as the favorites this year. Their frontcourt depth assuming Z comes back is amazing (Shaq, Jamison, Z, Varajeo, Powe, Hickson).

Lakers fans claiming the team does not need to make a move are ignoring the HUGE problem that is Derek Fisher. It's tough to win a championship with a weak bench and one of the 3-4 worst starting pointing guards in the league. Fisher is such a defensive liability. It almost killed them in the HOU series last year and I think this is the year it catches up to them.
Nope...D. Fish is valuable to this team in ways that don't show up in the box score. Plus, he's clutch. The bench guys are getting valuable playing time and experience with Kobe out (Farmar and Shannon have really stepped up in his absence. Someone has to knock the champs off, all these people giving CLE the paper crown need to get a reality check. Yes, the Jamison trade bolsters their roster, but we've yet to see how he meshes with Bron and how he will match up with the other powers in the East. So just chill before crowning their *** (word to Denny Green)

o come on...please dont make me pull up the christmas thread when everysingle laker fan was hating on farmar...his is hot garbage

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by RoOk

Lakers Fans: I don't know how to put this but...The Cav's are winning the Ring this year barring a complete flop.

cc736c802c69562679e7082beb17f4d8227f91aa.gif

3521612e517d02ecfe7bb4c511e493413a5f4422.gif

I don't care what each of these dudes said, I just had to quote it for the epicness of the 2 biggest bandwagon fans in S&T to be quoted in the same post.

On topic though, Houston needs to get the deal done with T-Mac.  Not sure what they are waiting for especially since that seems like the best deal on the table, they are going to be kicking themselves if the deadline passes and they don't trade him.
I never even seen you post on here
roll.gif

I'm not even going to argue with you, i'm a bandwagon for being a Sixers fan right?
laugh.gif

EnEyeKayEe wrote:

Please show me one, ONE post where a Cavs fan is talking like we have already won (because I haven't seen it).  Only dudes claiming that are fans from another team.

i thought rook who posted was a cav fan. i don't know the difference between most of you, but i see a lot of people in here saying "it's over" and at least half are lebron fans or "cavs fans"

we are forgetti9ng the funniest part of this all

amare is gonna be stuck in PHX and be TIGHT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

angry nba star + twitter =
roll.gif
eek.gif

Anybody think Telfair can get his career going now? I hope he does, dude was
pimp.gif
in H.S. Pros...Not so much.

pimp.gif

if he wants any playing time he is going to have to
laugh.gif
i say give him a chance thou

Originally Posted by DubA169

EnEyeKayEe wrote:

i thought rook who posted was a cav fan. i don't know the difference between most of you, but i see a lot of people in here saying "it's over" and at least half are lebron fans or "cavs fans"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

It'll only make it a sure thing that he's leaving to go elsewhere in the off-season.

Originally Posted by DubA169

EnEyeKayEe wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif

Naw, Sixers fan
pimp.gif
I only posted what i said to see what people would say, anybody who sees my post know imma Kobe fan over Bron'

What does that Christmas thread have to do with how they're playing now? Farmar was playing like doo doo back then. He and Shannon have stepped up since KB's been out, which should give them more confidence when he comes back and help us out in the long run.

Originally Posted by agold1002

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I hope so too.  Always liked Bassy 
pimp.gif
.  Will he even play though?  Mo, Delonte, Boobie, etc.  It's gonna be tough for him to actually get into a game unless it's garbage minutes.  I pray he come to play at practice and gets some PT.  
Throwin' an oop to Bron 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What does that Christmas thread have to do with how they're playing now? They have stepped up since KB's been out, which should give them more confidence when he comes back and help us out in the long run.

the lakers bench is average after LO...at best dont make farmar out to be any good

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

*I'm also glad you looked into your crystal ball and figured out what Durant is going to do when he's about to hit the market.
or the simple fact that i used common sense

july 1st of this summer he can get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal from OKC, if he holds off and waits with the NBA trying to get a new collective bargaining agreement that number could drop big time

stop with the pipe dream
Deals made before the new CBA will be configured so that they will conform to the new CBA

Are you sure about that?? Wasn't KG's 1st extension grandfathered into the new CBA of the early 2000's?? 

From a wizards blog on twitter....

My best guess on GIl this summer at the moment: They'll trade him. Tons of teams w/ cap room will swing and miss, making Gil more appealing.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
.  Will he even play though?  Mo, Delonte, Boobie, etc.  It's gonna be tough for him to actually get into a game unless it's garbage minutes.  I pray he come to play at practice and gets some PT.  
Throwin' an oop to Bron 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Co-sign.
Imagine Bassy becoming a Shannon Brown type X-Factor for them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Throwin' an oop to Bron 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Co-sign.
Imagine Bassy becoming a Shannon Brown type X-Factor for them
pimp.gif
ANYTHING to get his career up and runnin'  He's still young 
nerd.gif

No bassy is done.

He was my fave player coming out. And had my eye on him for a while and was joyful when he came to L.A.

6-7ppg maybe.

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Why everyone gassin' up Sebastian Telfair?

He's nothing special.
roll.gif

I'm saying. People living off his high school success. He's a bust and he's probably not going to even see the floor with Mo, West, Parker and Gibson ahead of him in the depth chart.

And like mike said, he can't even shoot. What benefit is he going to have being on the floor when Lebron needs to pass it to an open man for 3?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

*I'm also glad you looked into your crystal ball and figured out what Durant is going to do when he's about to hit the market.
or the simple fact that i used common sense

july 1st of this summer he can get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal from OKC, if he holds off and waits with the NBA trying to get a new collective bargaining agreement that number could drop big time

stop with the pipe dream
Deals made before the new CBA will be configured so that they will conform to the new CBA
Are you sure about that?? Wasn't KG's 1st extension grandfathered into the new CBA of the early 2000's?? 

I was right, of course.
From http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017349/index.htm :

Kevin Garnett's six-year, $126 million contract with the Timber-wolves, signed in October 1997, so drastically changed the NBA's financial landscape that owners orchestrated the first work stoppage in league history. They got what they wanted from last year's lockout: a collective bargaining agreement capping salaries. In hindsight Garnett's decision to re-sign rather than wait for a new CBA was a masterstroke While others from his '95 rookie class who signed last year maxed out at $70 million over six years, he got $56 million more.

why is anyone arguing with cavs fans about the cavs winning it all?

I mean this has been going in since 2007...

it should not surprise anyone how they are going to react

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Why everyone gassin' up Sebastian Telfair?

He's nothing special.
roll.gif

I'm saying. People living off his high school success. He's a bust and he's probably not going to even see the floor with Mo, West, Parker and Gibson ahead of him in the depth chart.

And like mike said, he can't even shoot. What benefit is he going to have being on the floor when Lebron needs to pass it to an open man for 3?

We (most of NT and myself) just love Bassy and wanna see him succeed.  He killed it @ Lincoln, and after watching his documentary just started to like the dude and rooted for him.
He has FOR SURE been a bust, but he a Cav now so let's go bassy 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom