2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by franchise3

Even if that Juice/Ellis proposal was earlier in the season, it's still, like somebody here said. We dunno who's dumber. The Grizz for offering it or the W's for rejecting.

this

This is the Cavs year.. but anyway

Can they pass TMac already........before i have to go to Hou
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by DubA169

a bunch of chicken littles running around here with the sky is falling mentality

even chester ready to give yall the title. this stuff is hilarious

Uhh... I said it was a good move. Was it not a good move? Do I need to keep my Cav-hating goggles on and sit back and go "LOL ANTWAN JAMEESUN IZ OLD N WONT DO NUFFIN GO KOBE"?

I never once said they're going to win the 'chip. The day I say the Cavs will win a title is the day I throw myself in front of a bus.

as far as what the cavs gave up? it was an excellent move. got something for nothing. i was just so shocked by your response, i assumed you now thought the cavs were the favorites
laugh.gif

and you aren't the chicken little. the lakers fans running around screaming they have to make a move are.

plus the cavs fans talking like they already won. dudes never learn. can't wait to see your project because you have a good amount of meterial in this thread

Even if that Juice/Ellis proposal was earlier in the season, it's still, like somebody here said. We dunno who's dumber. The Grizz for offering it or the W's for rejecting.

That and the proposed (before Salmons got shipped to the Bucks) 3 way with Houston is mortifying.

Nocioni, Thomas, Udrih and a protected 1st rounder?

Rather do no trade at all than get that trash heap.
Im so tired of Morey. i understand hes trying to get the best deal, but stop using other teams as smokescreens. either you deal him for our expirings, or you waive him for nothing after the trade deadline.  stop playing games.
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h1]Walsh Trying To Finish T-Mac Deal, Trade For Tyrus[/h1]Feb 17, 2010 10:43 PM EST

Thomas_Tyrus_chi.jpg
On the eve of the trade deadline, Donnie Walsh continues working to pin down the final elements of an offer that will land Tracy McGrady and shed the contract of Jared Jeffries.

Simultaneously, Walsh is working to swing a trade with the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas.

Mike D'Antoni may be driving the Knicks' interest in Thomas. The coach is apparently enthralled with the idea of plugging the athletic talents of Thomas into his uptempo system.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I hate Cleveland with the passion of 1,000 solar flares, but even i think adding Antawn is a good move for them.

Not that I'm revealing any secret here, but Cleveland fans are going to hate him on the defensive end. Any second he is on the court and the much superior defensively and more athletic Hickson or Varajeo isn't, the other team will be rejoicing.

Awesome move for the Cavs. I think this solidifies them as the favorites this year. Their frontcourt depth assuming Z comes back is amazing (Shaq, Jamison, Z, Varajeo, Powe, Hickson).

Lakers fans claiming the team does not need to make a move are ignoring the HUGE problem that is Derek Fisher. It's tough to win a championship with a weak bench and one of the 3-4 worst starting pointing guards in the league. Fisher is such a defensive liability. It almost killed them in the HOU series last year and I think this is the year it catches up to them.

Originally Posted by BangDak

That and the proposed (before Salmons got shipped to the Bucks) 3 way with Houston is mortifying.

Nocioni, Thomas, Udrih and a protected 1st rounder?

Rather do no trade at all than get that trash heap.
Im so tired of Morey. i understand hes trying to get the best deal, but stop using other teams as smokescreens. either you deal him for our expirings, or you waive him for nothing after the trade deadline.  stop playing games.
smh.gif
smh.gif
Just heard from Memphis radio that the deal was only offered to show teams the value of some of their players and to make it seem like they were interested in doing more moves because people doubted Heisley for spending money. It had to be something because Memphis loves OJ too much and his name was never involved in deals. It was always Rudy.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

eek.gif
@ that Warriors-Grizzlies rumor

No way that was real

could you imagine the marketing gstate could have done????

"would you like some mayo with your curry??"

"the warriors....trying something different with your curry...a little mayo???"

" i know you dont like mayo with your curry...............but we do
happy.gif
"

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Awesome move for the Cavs. I think this solidifies them as the favorites this year. Their frontcourt depth assuming Z comes back is amazing (Shaq, Jamison, Z, Varajeo, Powe, Hickson).

Lakers fans claiming the team does not need to make a move are ignoring the HUGE problem that is Derek Fisher. It's tough to win a championship with a weak bench and one of the 3-4 worst starting pointing guards in the league. Fisher is such a defensive liability. It almost killed them in the HOU series last year and I think this is the year it catches up to them.
Nope...D. Fish is valuable to this team in ways that don't show up in the box score. Plus, he's clutch. The bench guys are getting valuable playing time and experience with Kobe out (Farmar and Shannon have really stepped up in his absence. Someone has to knock the champs off, all these people giving CLE the paper crown need to get a reality check. Yes, the Jamison trade bolsters their roster, but we've yet to see how he meshes with Bron and how he will match up with the other powers in the East. So just chill before crowning their *** (word to Denny Green)

i'm astounded with how fast the wizards were dismantled

that was a serious fire sale. guiness records type stuff

Jesus Christ. I've been checking this thread religiously every 15 minutes waiting for something to happen. Who the @%%+ cares about Jamison or Nate?!?!? Where is T-Mac going?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Catching up with the last 15 pages.

Kobe is declining, but he's still very good. All those miles are catching up to him. C'mon folks, be real.
indifferent.gif
@ the Grizzlies if they really offered Juice for Monta at any point. He's been a team player and done everything asked of him.
I'm not an Al Thornton fan at all, but all the Clippers got for him was Drew Gooden?
roll.gif

Bucks getting John Salmons for Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson was a nice, subtle move.
Riley is smiling right now. He can low ball the hell out of the Suns for Amare or just sign him over the summer and leave the Suns empty handed.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by RoOk

Lakers Fans: I don't know how to put this but...The Cav's are winning the Ring this year barring a complete flop.

cc736c802c69562679e7082beb17f4d8227f91aa.gif

3521612e517d02ecfe7bb4c511e493413a5f4422.gif

I don't care what each of these dudes said, I just had to quote it for the epicness of the 2 biggest bandwagon fans in S&T to be quoted in the same post.

On topic though, Houston needs to get the deal done with T-Mac.  Not sure what they are waiting for especially since that seems like the best deal on the table, they are going to be kicking themselves if the deadline passes and they don't trade him.

Just heard from Memphis radio that the deal was only offered to show teams the value of some of their players and to make it seem like they were interested in doing more moves because people doubted Heisley for spending money.

roll.gif

and you bought that homer spin?

I know it was the Wolves, but I still can't believe they won tonight...I almost bet on Minny. And I've read conflicting reports on the likelihood of Arenas' contract being voided, but that would be wild if they dumped all 3 within a few months. Javaris Crittendon's cards skills took down an entire franchise.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Lakers Fans: I don't know how to put this but...The Cav's are winning the Ring this year barring a complete flop.

cc736c802c69562679e7082beb17f4d8227f91aa.gif

3521612e517d02ecfe7bb4c511e493413a5f4422.gif

I don't care what each of these dudes said, I just had to quote it for the epicness of the 2 biggest bandwagon fans in S&T to be quoted in the same post.
54679606.gif

thanks for letting us know that champ. ill inform the good folks in the laker season thread to dont even bother to watch another game this season
happy.gif

This move helps the cavs Def but IMO their is no way they settle for less than Amare.. Because truth is Jaminson isnt that missing piece for lebron. If they dont win it all this season, what reason does he see to stay on the squad with an aging Z, Shaq, & Jaminson... They wont have no cap space anytime soon and will be to good to get legit draft picks. Amare in Cleveland was bigger than a chance at a title. It gave the cavs something to offer. Even if they didnt win this year lebron comes back next year to a 26-27 yr old amare stoudemire to build wit for a few more years

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I know it was the Wolves, but I still can't believe they won tonight...I almost bet on Minny. And I've read conflicting reports on the likelihood of Arenas' contract being voided, but that would be wild if they dumped all 3 within a few months. Javaris Crittendon's cards skills took down an entire franchise.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BHZ, you do know i was talking about MOREY, houston's GM right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Nope...D. Fish is valuable to this team in ways that don't show up in the box score. Plus, he's clutch. The bench guys are getting valuable playing time and experience with Kobe out (Farmar and Shannon have really stepped up in his absence. Someone has to knock the champs off, all these people giving CLE the paper crown need to get a reality check. Yes, the Jamison trade bolsters their roster, but we've yet to see how he meshes with Bron and how he will match up with the other powers in the East. So just chill before crowning their *** (word to Denny Green)
D-Fish's "value" goes no further than his leadership, clutchness, and 3 point shooting (which is even subpar this year). He can't make a layup to save his life, gets periodically torched by average point guards because he has no lateral movement, and causes your entire defense to adjust/break down because he allows perimeter penetration. He also seems to think he should take nearly as many shots as Andrew Bynum. The amount of points he gives up on the defensive side of the ball is laughable. It showed in the playoffs last year (see HOU, see ORL). His "leadership" and "clutchness" can be retained in a backup role. LA needs a pg upgrade badly...

No one is claiming LA is out of it; everyone pretty much has them in the Finals if they are healthy. It is not unreasonable at all to say the Cavs are the favorites right now.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Just heard from Memphis radio that the deal was only offered to show teams the value of some of their players and to make it seem like they were interested in doing more moves because people doubted Heisley for spending money.

roll.gif

and you bought that homer spin?
No. I posted what was said on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom