2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

[h1]Rockets recruit Kings in McGrady talks[/h1]
As talks with the New York Knicks stalled on Wednesday night, the Houston Rockets quietly recruited the Sacramento Kings as part of a three-team trade discussion that would deliver Tracy McGrady(notes) to the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The proposed deal was contingent on John Salmons(notes) staying with the Bulls, but that appeared in doubt with the Milwaukee Bucks expecting to complete their own trade for Salmons.

In the proposed trade, the Rockets would get Kenny Thomas(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Beno Udrith and a Kings’ protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and Salmons from the Bulls. The deal would cleare cap space for the Bulls this summer and save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next year.

One source with knowledge of the Knicks’ talks with the Rockets said New York isn’t enthused about Houston’s demands. The Rockets want to trade first-round picks in 2011 and take the Knicks’ 2012 pick. They also have asked for cash, the source said.

It is unclear whether the Bulls will try to revive talks with the Rockets if they complete their trade with the Bucks. However, Houston clearly is worried about where the discussions with New York are headed as the deadline looms on Thursday.

Y! Sports NBA reporter Marc J. Spears contributed to this story

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Jamison is bigger for the Cavs than some people think. The fact they got dude for PENNIES is just bananas. They finally did it... made a GREAT move.
You actually sound happy for them.
laugh.gif
It's a good move on their part, and I applaud them.

Don't let me giving the Cavs props fool you, though... I still wish nothing but pain, agony, and anguish for 99% of their annoying fanbase. If the Q collapsed during Mo Williams appreciation night I wouldn't shed a tear.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I have to give it up to EnEyeKayEe. He called it. Ferry basically leveraged interest in Amare to drive down Jamison's value
laugh.gif

Ferry looking like a Genius.

We'll see if you are saying this next year at this time with that 28 million left on Jamison's contract and no Lebron on the team...

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I like what the Wiz are doing. If they can void Arenas' contract then they'll have a clean slate...tons of cap room, a lottery pick and a late 1st rounder.

Good move for Cleveland obviously. Amare would've been better but the price was probably too high.

I don't know if Amare would have been much better honestly. Jamison and Amare's stats are almost identical and with Jamison they get a shooter and get to keep Hickson and not have to worry about resigning him in the off season. This just means the cavs are going to have to go hard this summer trying to get a free agent.

Originally Posted by h3at23

As talks with the New York Knicks stalled on Wednesday night, the Houston Rockets quietly recruited the Sacramento Kings as part of a three-team trade discussion that would deliver Tracy McGrady(notes) to the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The proposed deal was contingent on John Salmons(notes) staying with the Bulls, but that appeared in doubt with the Milwaukee Bucks expecting to complete their own trade for Salmons.

In the proposed trade, the Rockets would get Kenny Thomas(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Beno Udrith and a Kings’ protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and Salmons from the Bulls. The deal would cleare cap space for the Bulls this summer and save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next year.

One source with knowledge of the Knicks’ talks with the Rockets said New York isn’t enthused about Houston’s demands. The Rockets want to trade first-round picks in 2011 and take the Knicks’ 2012 pick. They also have asked for cash, the source said.

It is unclear whether the Bulls will try to revive talks with the Rockets if they complete their trade with the Bucks. However, Houston clearly is worried about where the discussions with New York are headed as the deadline looms on Thursday.

If the Bulls hadn't found a buyer for Fishsticks I would have been elated about this development. No need for it now. Miller is expiring, and you can find a buyer for Tyrus (even though you don't have to). 
Houston should have acted quicker.

if that rumor is legit

i dont know who is dumber: memphis for offering or golden state for rejecting
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
i hate the knicks but would have liked him in ny

If Big Z comes back to the Cavs as expected, this trade is huge.
Basically.

Mo, Gibson

Parker, Moon, West

LBJ

Hickson, Varejao, Jamison,

Shaq, Z

On paper, this team looks pretty damn good.

John Salmons has already been traded.

a bunch of chicken littles running around here with the sky is falling mentality

even chester ready to give yall the title. this stuff is hilarious

why are the cavs Zs only option? I would think a lot of teams would want his sevices
unless the cavs are willing to pay more

money talks
go mavs
pimp.gif

with the way SB is playing...and odom killing the boards off the bench...the team have been playing great...ROn looks like hes shaping into form. Bynum did great.

then a healthy kobe??? honestly, i dont think any team can beat us at 100% health

Originally Posted by JUS3

If Big Z comes back to the Cavs as expected, this trade is huge.

Basically.

Mo, Gibson

Parker, Moon, West

LBJ

Hickson, Varejao, Jamison,

Shaq, Z

On paper, this team looks pretty damn good.
You forgot J. Williams and Powe.
but yeah we stacked 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

a bunch of chicken littles running around here with the sky is falling mentality

even chester ready to give yall the title
. this stuff is hilarious
smh.gif
I guess he wants to be apart of his project....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

with the way SB is playing...and odom killing the boards off the bench...the team have been playing great...ROn looks like hes shaping into form. Bynum did great.

then a healthy kobe??? honestly, i dont think any team can beat us at 100% health
realest thing said in this thread

Don't you guys think him being in Cleveland his WHOLE career would make it easier to re-sign with them? I mean, OK they traded you but he probably lives there and his family is probably stable there...

I dont believe that Rockets/Kings/Bulls rumor because Salmons is already traded like stated, and it doesnt make sense at all. Rockets are balking at taking Jefferies, yet take beno, and noic. horrendous contracts?

Morey, quit playing games.

Am I reading this right? GSW said no to Juice?

and another player to go with,

thats probably a better player than Tolliver and/Or George.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Jamison is bigger for the Cavs than some people think. The fact they got dude for PENNIES is just bananas. They finally did it... made a GREAT move.
You actually sound happy for them.
laugh.gif
It's a good move on their part, and I applaud them.

Don't let me giving the Cavs props fool you, though... I still wish nothing but pain, agony, and anguish for 99% of their annoying fanbase. If the Q collapsed during Mo Williams appreciation night I wouldn't shed a tear.
roll.gif
Even though you hate Ohio with a passion, I can still appreciate the lulz you bring to the sports forum.

I hate Cleveland with the passion of 1,000 solar flares, but even i think adding Antawn is a good move for them.

Back
Top Bottom