2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Good deal for Cleveland.

Team is now built for a Finals run, IMO.

EDIT: BTW, Bassy and Bron on the same team
eek.gif
pimp.gif

LOL

Originally Posted by Al3xis

So it hasn't occurred to you that those injuries may be a product of age?

You can't honestly believe he's still at the peak of his game. It happens. To everyone.

just stop it
eyes.gif

how much yall want to bet the clippers will be the team this offseason giving joe johnson, rudy gay and the likes of those guys max deals

You can't honestly believe he's still at the peak of his game. It happens. To everyone.

If it was a breakdown in his knees and he was laboring not able to produce every night then yes, but that isn't the case. He broke his finger cause Farmar through a bad pass, LO stepped on his foot twice which is why he's out now. Those aren't injuries b/c of age, just bad luck. He may not be at the peak of his game athletically, but skill wise he's never been better. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Rightguard

please explain to me what the wizards are getting?

an empty arena
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Good move by the Cavs.  I can't wait for the playoffs to start.. I'm tired of these meaningless regular season games..

Originally Posted by DaeWing

So what does the Clippers get? Drew Gooden and .... what? cap space?

I guess so but theyre buying him out too haha so nothing except money. If they tank, get John Wall and make a big free agent signing over the summer! LA vs LA - WCF

I find it pretty hilarious that we haven't seen too many Laker fans Kobe stans in this thread in weeks for the most part, but as soon as Bron gets serious help, they are ALL over the place...

Hmmmmm...
nerd.gif

And the lames that keep calling me out for backing out on a bet, the trade (Amar'e) that would put the bet into motion never occurred, so fall back...

Plus the dude I made the bet with isn't even the one complaining.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

im sorry but if shaq is still going at it at 38 kobe is NOT breaking down at 31...

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

KB is NOT declining...he's just hurt at the moment

....it's not just a river
Please KB was arguably having his best season ever before these freak myriad of injuries started happening. He's getting older yes, but his skill level is actually getting higher and better with age. Those who think he's declining will be in for a rude awakening when the playoffs start.

Dude give me a break. What "skills" are you talking about? His game has been the same for the past 5 years. If anything his defense has taken a noticeable decline and yes these nagging injuries are the sign of a player in decline. Obviously he's still one of the best players but let's not say he's a player still in his peak which is what you're implying.

post game this season not many players can add something like that at this point
tongue.gif

an empty arena
roll.gif

Wiz are getting cap space, and are now officially under the lux tax.  The moves this afternoon were HUGE.  It's going to be an interesting offseason seeing the Wizards now have a little flexibility in who they can go after in FA....I hope they don't make the same mistakes as the pistons this past off season and feel like the have to spend their money....2011...you got Baltimore native Melo on the market....and

Spoiler [+]
4cca379bd434b352a5f50650b9501558-getty-90043594lm049_mavericks_thunder.jpg

nerd.gif

Of course both are far fetched
laugh.gif
, but the bottom line is the Wizards have to be smart and approach re-building in the right way.  Hopefully they can score a top 3 pick in this years draft and get a guy like Wall, Turner, Cousins, or Favors....from there...just be patient. 

Moving Jamison (to me) gives me the impression the team will try to void Gil's contract.  He's not a guy you want to build around, and there has to be a new face of the franchise from here on out....

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I find it pretty hilarious that we haven't seen to many Laker fans Kobe stans in this thread in weeks for the most part, but as soon as Bron gets serious help, they are ALL over the place...

Hmmmmm...
nerd.gif

And the lames that keep calling me out for backing out on a bet, the trade (Amar'e) that would put the bet into motion never occurred, so fall back...

Plus the dude I made the bet with isn't even the one complaining.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

It's a big trade, should Cav fans be the only ones in here to contribute?...stop slurping up Lebron's jock and answer me after you wash up.

im sorry but if shaq is still going at it at 38 kobe is NOT breaking down at 31...
You're right, Shaq hasn't lost a step.

and the game Kobe left with back spasms never occurred.

All clear here.

Continue..

So from reading, it looks like the Clips have shed enough salary to offer a max deal to a big time FA.

Chance to play with EG + Blake..not bad

Vid of Jamison leaving....

object width="480" height="310" id="cf60aceoi" name="cf60aceon" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

That Bentley is SICK....

and yes that is Drew Gooden riding shotgun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

KB is NOT declining...he's just hurt at the moment

....it's not just a river
Please KB was arguably having his best season ever before these freak myriad of injuries started happening. He's getting older yes, but his skill level is actually getting higher and better with age. Those who think he's declining will be in for a rude awakening when the playoffs start.

Dude give me a break. What "skills" are you talking about? His game has been the same for the past 5 years. If anything his defense has taken a noticeable decline and yes these nagging injuries are the sign of a player in decline. Obviously he's still one of the best players but let's not say he's a player still in his peak which is what you're implying.

Did you people just started watching this season like the last 20 games or something?
laugh.gif

I swear if Z won't be able to come back after 30 days, all respect is lost for Ferry. (If indeed this trade is official).

laugh.gif
  Allen.  Kobe played the very next night with those back spasms right?  Who hit the game winner that night? 

That ONE game you refer too is your basis of his breakdown?  Come on. 

Surely he doesn't have the lift he once did, certainly the miles are piling on, but you actin like he's Oden or something. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

an empty arena
roll.gif

Wiz are getting cap space, and are now officially under the lux tax.  The moves this afternoon were HUGE.  It's going to be an interesting offseason seeing the Wizards now have a little flexibility in who they can go after in FA....I hope they don't make the same mistakes as the pistons this past off season and feel like the have to spend their money....2011...you got Baltimore native Melo on the market....and

Spoiler [+]
4cca379bd434b352a5f50650b9501558-getty-90043594lm049_mavericks_thunder.jpg

nerd.gif

Of course both are far fetched
laugh.gif
, but the bottom line is the Wizards have to be smart and approach re-building in the right way.  Hopefully they can score a top 3 pick in this years draft and get a guy like Wall, Turner, Cousins, or Favors....from there...just be patient. 

Moving Jamison (to me) gives me the impression the team will try to void Gil's contract.  He's not a guy you want to build around, and there has to be a new face of the franchise from here on out....

i still think they should have kept jamison. im no fan but wasnt he the captain? and atleast someone the fans could look forward to coming to the game to watch. if you guys stay stuck with gil i dont think wizards would be an attractive place free agents would want to go...

i mean they should have atleast kept 1 vet in jamison to mentor young guys like mcgee or young

Originally Posted by franchise3

So from reading, it looks like the Clips have shed enough salary to offer a max deal to a big time FA.

Chance to play with EG + Blake..not bad

because we have seen blake play to know what he is about?

and that is a bentley in that video

laugh.gif
the heat are gonna get amare for pennies.... but for real... i think we are gonna trade JO/cook/qrich for Amare and Jrich... im pretty sure the $$$$ adds up... but im not sure if riley really wants to keep a 14mill Jrich for another season.....

I'm just sayin he's not at his best. Not saying he's breaking down, but if you don't think he's on the downside of his career, IDK what to tell you.

He's still great, but he's not Kobe of 4 years ago.

Tim Kawakami, Bay Area sportswriter says the Warriors turned down OJ Mayo + filler for Monta.

..I don't believe him. Doubt the Grizz would give up on Mayo like that

Back
Top Bottom