2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

But, You got Cp3 and Melo coming up next year with Curry out of the way.

Maybe you over pay for one of them in the worst case scenario, but I'd be shocked if they spent all their money this summer on Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

NBA TV sayin T-Mac isn't anything but rent..where is this guys future heading

I've posted this like 5 times already....... but Tracy hasn't worked out in nearly a month. There is no way he's gonna be able to contribute right now
laugh.gif

Wooow, the Drew Gooden will stay with the Clippers!!!
roll.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
It's all love yall.
laugh.gif
It feels good to finally have cap space.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

It would be rough to strike out completely this summer but next summer is a good class as well. There's no way Donnie panicks and give the max to a player like Johnson or Gay.
but this is bull $!*@, i told allen the same crap in the offseason, if he strikes out on the likes of wade,bosh and bron he would have no choice but to throw max deals at them type of guys
I could see Joe Johnson, but there ain't no way in hell they're talking max deal for Rudy Gay... He ain't worth any more than he's making right now.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I don't understand why people think the Knicks one and only plan is LeBron, LeBron, LeBron...

With potentially room for two max deals, they're gonna be attractive as hell to guys on the market... Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Johnson, Ray Felton, Rudy Gay, Manu, Boozer...

Some of those guys aren't max deal guys, but there are PLENTY of options... Do they hold Bird Rights on Harrington and/or Lee? Obviously they will on McGrady, so if he shows anything he may be worth bringing back...
Ok, so what in the world does guys like  Boozer, Johnson, Felton, Rudy or Manu do for them?  8th seed every year? 

If it's not LeBron, then it's Amare+Wade or Johnson as their only real options of contending. 

Boozer/Felton or Boozer/Manu or any combo like that isn't doin anything major so why spend all the money, and get rid of all the picks for that nonsense? 

It's getting more and more risky the way it's being handled is what I am saying.  They may pull it off and nicely at that, but if they get Bosh/Joe Johnson and that's the best they can do, they aren't in a good position at all then.  And it'll be years before they contend, unless they add Paul or Durant a year later or something. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I don't understand why people think the Knicks one and only plan is LeBron, LeBron, LeBron...

because they are illiterate or just blinded by their hate of new york city

btw amare, johnson, and gay are NOT max agents. walsh won't panic this whole trade should tell you that. could have been done 4 days ago..
The only max players are lebron. wade, and bosh as far as i'm concerned

i dont even like the knicks but there plan all along has been to have money for 2 max players and he has done that. even my hating self will give walsh for doing that

It would be rough to strike out completely this summer but next summer is a good class as well. There's no way Donnie panicks and give the max to a player like Johnson or Gay.
but this is bull $!*@, i told allen the same crap in the offseason, if he strikes out on the likes of wade,bosh and bron he would have no choice but to throw max deals at them type of guys

I doubt it.  He'll save it for the '11 class, I'm pretty confident in saying that.

I got $50 he doesn't do it.

oh and just wait until we get chris paul with eddy curry contract

by the texts i'm getting the bandwagon is about to explode already haha. people who ain't been knick fans in years are hyped

i dont even like the knicks but there plan all along has been to have money for 2 max players and he has done that. even my hating self will give walsh for doing that

why are we forced to throw max deals at JJ and Rudy? Walsh knows better then that.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

NBA TV sayin T-Mac isn't anything but rent..where is this guys future heading

I'veposted this like 5 times already....... but Tracy hasn't worked out innearly a month. There is no way he's gonna be able to contribute rightnow
laugh.gif

hes worked with tim grover in the summer. look at jermaine. hes doing fine, only missing like 3 games due to personal family issues. Tmac can get back in shape in no time. walsh obviously knows he can still ball after seeing him work out recently, otherwise he wouldnt have gone all in.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

What the hell. I was confused cause people in here yelling "and theykept Hill!" and ##%#. You need to relax. And I'm not sure why you'retalking about Lee.

what on earth are you even talking about.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ok, so what in the world does guys like  Boozer, Johnson, Felton, Rudy or Manu do for them?  8th seed every year? 

If it's not LeBron, then it's Amare+Wade or Johnson as their only real options of contending. 

Boozer/Felton or Boozer/Manu or any combo like that isn't doin anything major so why spend all the money, and get rid of all the picks for that nonsense? 

It's getting more and more risky the way it's being handled is what I am saying.  They may pull it off and nicely at that, but if they get Bosh/Joe Johnson and that's the best they can do, they aren't in a good position at all then.  And it'll be years before they contend, unless they add Paul or Durant a year later or something.   
I'm not saying you build around those guys, but one headliner (Wade, Bosh.. Maybe Johnson or Amare) plus a couple of those guys at lower price tags isn't a bad consolation prize... Or like Allen said you save that space for next offseason with Melo and Paul... If it's not LeBron, it's not the end of the world and they're still FAR better off than they were before all this..

Originally Posted by DubA169

oh and just wait until we get chris paul with eddy curry contract

by the texts i'm getting the bandwagon is about to explode already haha. people who ain't been knick fans in years are hyped

in this thread alone, ive seen a bunch of "knicksS" fan who ive never seen before
laugh.gif

so in one free agent class you would have got burned by all the big names and you could sit down and tell yourself lets try and do it all again? let me guess if they strike out then, 2012 they could go after all the big names in that class?

If it's not LeBron, it's not the end of the world and they're still FAR better off than they were before all this..

that's the bottom line. The franchise was running in circles for years trying to make up for a bad move by making another. It's finally over.

What to do with hinrich now
nerd.gif

we have guards for days now, plus need that money to come off the books

rose
flip
acie law
pargo
devin brown
hinrich

someones gotta go

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So am I going to have to deal with you doofuses lobbying for Chris next season like outacontrol and them are doing with LeBron now?
Yeppppp....But the difference is Chris isn't playing for a championship contenteder (let the rationalizing begin)

Back
Top Bottom