2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by AirAlphabet

Man Lebron better come to NY this offseason.
he's not. cavs just got jamison.

wade/bosh/amare/johnson are more realistic.

eek.gif
because jamison  is that young superstar lebron can win multiple championships with.
 if the cavs win a title this year he most likely will bolt to another team.

playing with wade/bosh/or amare> playing with 3 players on the verge of retiring

i swear buk sometimes i think you say things just out of spite

I'd quote Mike if I could on my phone, but he's right.

If the Knicks strike out in 2010, what makes them think they'll have a better shot in 2011?

3 first round draft picks of 2009...2 of them lottery picks have been traded this season. Interesting.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so in one free agent class you would have got burned by all the big names and you could sit down and tell yourself lets try and do it all again? let me guess if they strike out then, 2012 they could go after all the big names in that class?

i'm 22. as long as they win a chip before i die, i'm good playing the waiting game. why would we waste money and end up like detroit?

what does that tell you about knick fans patience?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

3 first round draft picks of 2009...2 of them lottery picks have been traded this season. Interesting.
whose the other? joodie meeks?

im surprised bucks traded him.

2011 has CP3, who i know for sure def. isnt having a good time in NO. i would like deron the most, although i think he likes it in Utah.

And do the Knicks, if they strike out in 2010, be content with stinking it up for another year, and more then likely, see their lotto pick go to Houston to gear up again for 2011.

Either the Knicks land the studs they want or settle for a guy or two they don't really want.

i wouldnt min shannon for kirk...

i just dont want dfish, farmark, sasha or morrison in return

hell, give me mbenga instead of any of those guys

Originally Posted by franchise3

If the Knicks strike out in 2010, what makes them think they'll have a better shot in 2011?
Do you think they completely fan on 2010 though? I don't...

Maybe not LeBron, but I still think they're looking at one of Wade, Bosh, Amare... Then hold off another year and you've got a TON of cap space plus Curry's contract... Whether that means somebody panics and you can absorb money through trade or you wait it out and try again next offseason, there are still PLENTY of options...

That's the point. The Knicks haven't locked themselves into a "We have to do something NOW" scenario... They have options.

I like what the Rockets did.
pimp.gif

Now we have a post that's over 6'8
laugh.gif

And we have Kevin Martin
pimp.gif

Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Jordan Hill
grin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
franchise3 wrote:

Maybe not LeBron, but I still think they're looking at one of Wade, Bosh, Amare... Then hold off another year and you've got a TON of cap space plus Curry's contract... Whether that means somebody panics and you can absorb money through trade or you wait it out and try again next offseason, there are still PLENTY of options...

That's the point. The Knicks haven't locked themselves into a "We have to do something NOW" scenario... They have options.

I do see that as an appeal.  Having the options is nice.  Gotta hand them that. 

It's just interesting to me the way they are going, complete free agent overhaul for either 2010, thru 2012, with pretty much zero draft picks to use to build off of/supplement.  Unique I guess. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
franchise3 wrote:

I do see that as an appeal.  Having the options is nice.  Gotta hand them that. 

It's just interesting to me the way they are going, complete free agent overhaul for either 2010, thru 2012, with pretty much zero draft picks to use to build off of/supplement.  Unique I guess. 

Yea but what they were left with after Isiah, they can't ask to be in a better position than they are right now.  Just a waiting game between now and July 1st (unless they somehow miraculously make the playoffs).

Originally Posted by franchise3

And do the Knicks, if they strike out in 2010, be content with stinking it up for another year, and more then likely, see their lotto pick go to Houston to gear up again for 2011.

Either the Knicks land the studs they want or settle for a guy or two they don't really want.
the reward is much greater than the risk.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at u thinking you'll receive a lotto pick. seriously though? seriously? it seems as if we're getting just as many haters as bandwagoners. o btw, good luck with hill (ariza 2.0)

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by one11archerave

30 MINUTES AND COUNTING

you do realize trades that were discussed before the deadline can be announced later in the day right?

With all these "sources" and twitter accounts and people trying to make a name for themselves, things are going to get out faster than that. But to the guy who said T-Mac hasnt worked out in a month, what about all that was written/said he was working out with Tim Grover in Chicago?

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by one11archerave

you do realize trades that were discussed before the deadline can be announced later in the day right?
With all these "sources" and twitter accounts and people trying to make a name for themselves, things are going to get out faster than that. But to the guy who said T-Mac hasnt worked out in a month, what about all that was written/said he was working out with Tim Grover in Chicago?
When he was told to stay away from the team, he's been working out in Chicago. Wade said he can still ball, and Walsh went to see him workout like last week... That may tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom